Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694398 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44775 on: October 18, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »

I'm not a mathematician. Why would I mean anything else?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44776 on: October 18, 2014, 06:32:10 pm »

The more I learn about it the more I want to stab myself in the brain repeatedly so I end up thinking the world is a nice, happy place through all my brain damage.
And now you know why it's like this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44777 on: October 18, 2014, 06:38:20 pm »

Yeah. I don't quite like living here myself when shit like that happens.

Like the University of Idaho just allowed student to own and carry concealed on campus. Of course, they can't in housing thanks to contracts (thankfully. There was a gun-related suicide in the dorms last year regardless though.).

But this means that there's a very real chance the very angry person in one of my classes is carrying concealed and that scares me.

But we're seriously considering a campus-wide smoking ban.

What the fuck. I mean, good for that and all. But you really want to say that we can't smoke on campus but we can carry FUCKING GUNS INTO CLASSROOMS?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44778 on: October 18, 2014, 06:45:16 pm »

Oh they totally are safe. They're a very stable killing thing. No real chance for accidental discharge.

But this doesn't mean the people wielding them are safe. More often than not they're all jackasses.

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. Most people shouldn't be trusted with guns.

...They are really fun to go shoot with though. Trap and target shooting is so much fun.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44779 on: October 18, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »

those poor, poor guns. just minding their own business, until some psycho comes along with promises of candy and murder.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #44780 on: October 18, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

America, please, please, PLEASE fix your fucking system. It's broken. The more I learn about it the more I want to stab myself in the brain repeatedly so I end up thinking the world is a nice, happy place through all my brain damage.
Sorry, man, writing to newspapers doesn't work the way it does in LCS.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44781 on: October 18, 2014, 07:40:32 pm »

Guns kill people, but not of their own volition.

People coerce them into doing it.

What? We don't convince guns to fire at all; we take control of their minds, their free will, their destiny!

*PANIC AND OUTRAGE*
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44782 on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:14 pm »

If guns have free will they're the laziest motherfuckers in existence. They don't do a goddamn thing unless someone makes them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44783 on: October 18, 2014, 07:48:29 pm »

If guns have free will they're the laziest motherfuckers in existence. They don't do a goddamn thing unless someone makes them.
They're not lazy, just patiently waiting for the perfect moment to fire themselves. Said perfect moment has not come yet. But when it does, life as we know it will never be the same...
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44784 on: October 18, 2014, 08:03:24 pm »

... yeah, stuff like that. Accidental discharge, sometimes even completely at random (from a human perspective, anyway, due to poor maintenance and a goddamn idiot not unloading the fucking gun*), happens considerably more often than it should. Gets plenty of people badly injured or killed, too.

There is a reason you never point a gun at something you don't want to kill (or, at least, accept that killing is an acceptable outcome). Ever. Not even if you don't think it's loaded. A gun is always loaded, insofar as how you treat it goes. Even if you just checked. Especially if you just checked.

... basically, I guess it's okay jokes, sorta', but firearm safety -- and, especially, downplaying how dangerous firearms are even out of the hands of humans -- is... really not something that should be taken jovially. Cavalier attitudes toward firearms get a fair number of people hurt or killed every year.

*Note: People that do that deserve to be shot, or at least have their gun ownership rights completely and irrevocably stripped. Unfortunately, the folks that do get shot because of such stupidity are often not the owner.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44785 on: October 18, 2014, 08:12:36 pm »

One of my dad's hunting buddies lost his foot because he wasn't careful enough with his rifle. Which is why the safety never comes off until you are aiming at your target and have a clear shot. And even so, don't trust the safety.

Edit: And one of my friend's dad's ex-hunting buddies should never have been let within 20 yards of a gun. He once complained to his group about a requirement for hunting deer/elk (can't remember which) that the number of points on the antler had to be within a certain range (meaning you had to have a good view of target and take time to identify it) because according to him, you're supposed to shoot as fast as you can, not take the time to identify your target properly (reworded because I can't remember the exact wording). This guy would also smash glass bottles in streams because he didn't want to carry them out and "it'll turn into sand".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:21:21 pm by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44786 on: October 18, 2014, 08:15:32 pm »

One of my dad's hunting buddies lost his foot because he wasn't careful enough with his rifle. Which is why the safety never comes off until you are aiming at your target and have a clear shot. And even so, don't trust the safety.

Basically, if you have a gun barrel and nothing else, treat it as loaded.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44787 on: October 18, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »

Basically, if you have a gun barrel and nothing else, treat it as loaded.

If you have the word "gun" printed on a piece of paper, treat it as loaded.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44788 on: October 18, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »

Edit: And one of my friend's dad's ex-hunting buddies should never have been let within 20 yards of a gun. He once complained to his group about a requirement for hunting deer/elk (can't remember which) that the number of points on the antler had to be within a certain range (meaning you had to have a good view of target and take time to identify it) because according to him, you're supposed to shoot as fast as you can, not take the time to identify your target properly (reworded because I can't remember the exact wording). This guy would also smash glass bottles in streams because he didn't want to carry them out and "it'll turn into sand".

When I went to Maine for Thanksgiving I was told I should wear brightly colored hats so I wouldn't get shot by hunters.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44789 on: October 18, 2014, 08:37:39 pm »

My... science senses/OCD are tingling.

Well Glass doesn't biodegrade in nature within an acceptable timescale (makes sense, glass is essentially a rock).

As well my sources tell me that it takes a HECK of a lot of time for glass to erode even under the running water of a stream.
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 3345