Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694922 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44745 on: October 18, 2014, 05:59:57 am »

Have I mentioned I dislike OCaml? Because I really really do.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44746 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:58 am »

The lawyer my stepdad referred me to doesn't actually handle sexual discrimination cases. And when I told my stepdad this, he said I should stop calling it "sexual discrimination"(despite that being exactly what it is), and instead call it "civil rights violation on the basis of sexual discrimination".

For the last few nights there's been a pair of dumbasses driving up and down the road about dusk, shooting at deer from their truck, and driving up my neighbors driveway to fire from beside their house when nobody was around. Haven't hit any of the deer so far, either. Very dangerous, and illegal, practice all around. And its pissing me off even more because I can't get a good photograph of their license plate or faces.
So you make a tranquilliser dart trap.

Or, at least call the police and tell them what is happening and that you have reason to believe that it's going to happen again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #44747 on: October 18, 2014, 10:54:46 am »

Tranquilizer darts aren't very cost effective. Cover the ground with broken glass, see them drive in that!

Granted, you may get in some trouble over it, but think of the enjoyment of seeing them stranded, and having to call their mothers to pick them up!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44748 on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:30 am »

Landmines are better.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44749 on: October 18, 2014, 11:23:08 am »

Landmines that explode into caltrops with landmines attached?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44750 on: October 18, 2014, 11:28:21 am »

Landmines that explode into caltrops with landmines attached?
Perfect. And the landmines on the caltrops release Koss Gastm!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44751 on: October 18, 2014, 11:50:06 am »

I wish my parents would stop pressuring me to learn guitar and try to understand that it's hard to learn when you

A) Have a room without a door where half the house can hear me if I do, and I also can't concentrate because of the TV and people talking

B) The only other place to practice is upstairs where my fucking brother insists on coming up to watch, and laugh at me when I learn new guitar techniques / tell me what do do in whatever game I'm playing because I obviously won't ever figure out even basic things unless he spoils it for me.

C) I REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T FIND MY GUITAR NOISES ANNOYING, I HAVE TOLD YOU THE REAL REAL REASON A FUCKING MILLION TIMES BUT YOU STILL THINK I'M AFRAID I'M GOING TO ANNOY YOU.

D) STOP TRYING TO GUILT ME INTO PRACTICING BY SAYING THAT DAD IS SAD ABOUT IT, THAT ISN'T GOING TO MAKE IT SO I HAVE ANY MORE TIME TO MYSELF.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44752 on: October 18, 2014, 12:08:55 pm »

How about learning another instrument? Preferrably one not as [insert derogatory remark here] as the guitar?
Saxophone, for example. Those things are loud. They'll be begging you to go upstairs in the blink of an eye, and your brother will either stop pestering you or become deaf.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44753 on: October 18, 2014, 12:10:53 pm »

Or how about trombone? If your brother pesters you, you can literally burst his eardrum. It's not that hard to learn either, and you can probably pick up a used trombone for less than $100 quite easily.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44754 on: October 18, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »

Or how about trombone? If your brother pesters you, you can literally burst his eardrum. It's not that hard to learn either, and you can probably pick up a used trombone for less than $100 quite easily.

+1

Can confirm trombone is awesome. And loud. And if ***I*** could play one, you probably could too.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44755 on: October 18, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »

I wish my parents would stop pressuring me to learn guitar and try to understand that it's hard to learn when you

A) Have a room without a door where half the house can hear me if I do, and I also can't concentrate because of the TV and people talking

B) The only other place to practice is upstairs where my fucking brother insists on coming up to watch, and laugh at me when I learn new guitar techniques / tell me what do do in whatever game I'm playing because I obviously won't ever figure out even basic things unless he spoils it for me.

C) I REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T FIND MY GUITAR NOISES ANNOYING, I HAVE TOLD YOU THE REAL REAL REASON A FUCKING MILLION TIMES BUT YOU STILL THINK I'M AFRAID I'M GOING TO ANNOY YOU.

D) STOP TRYING TO GUILT ME INTO PRACTICING BY SAYING THAT DAD IS SAD ABOUT IT, THAT ISN'T GOING TO MAKE IT SO I HAVE ANY MORE TIME TO MYSELF.

It's quite probable that your amp has a headphone output. You might need a converter, but you can literally get one with some headphones, for free, or get one for like 2-3$. Or get Rocksmith. 's great.

Alternatively, threaten everyone involved that you'll start raising the fifth a half step deliberately. Teach them the power of the Devil's Interval. (In case you're not much into theory - it's literally the most wrong sounding note possible).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44756 on: October 18, 2014, 12:59:13 pm »

He might be playing - horrors - an acoustic guitar, in which case it's loud no matter what.

IronTomato, does your house have a garden worth speaking of? You might be able to practice out there, where the television might be softer and you'll only irritate the neighbours, who in my experience are rarely so irritated that they'll actually risk talking to you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44757 on: October 18, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »

Are you guys fucking serious? Going out and buying another instrument isn't going to help. Also, I don't want to learn an instrument just for the sake of learning an instrument. I just want to learn guitar, the instrument which I actually care about and already own. Use your heads.

It's quite probable that your amp has a headphone output. You might need a converter, but you can literally get one with some headphones, for free, or get one for like 2-3$. Or get Rocksmith. 's great.

Alternatively, threaten everyone involved that you'll start raising the fifth a half step deliberately. Teach them the power of the Devil's Interval. (In case you're not much into theory - it's literally the most wrong sounding note possible).
Rocksmith is the only thing I have for learning guitar. It doesn't really help, since I have it for XBOX and not my computer.

He might be playing - horrors - an acoustic guitar, in which case it's loud no matter what.

IronTomato, does your house have a garden worth speaking of? You might be able to practice out there, where the television might be softer and you'll only irritate the neighbours, who in my experience are rarely so irritated that they'll actually risk talking to you.
I actually tried that once, but whenever I do anything outside away from them they end up offended that I wanted to do it away from them for some reason. And also my brother giving me hell and calling me weird for doing things outside.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44758 on: October 18, 2014, 01:26:29 pm »

Well, if all else fails, you can get it the same way I did for the PC. *cough*

The cable is exactly the same, by the way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44759 on: October 18, 2014, 01:30:36 pm »

Are you guys fucking serious? Going out and buying another instrument isn't going to help. Also, I don't want to learn an instrument just for the sake of learning an instrument. I just want to learn guitar, the instrument which I actually care about and already own. Use your heads.
I don't know about the others, but I am telling you that there are instruments that are wayyy cooler than the guitar.
Everybody and their uncle plays the guitar. It's for the general populace what the piano is for the burgeoisie - the instrument learned by those who don't really care about music but want to be able to say 'I can play an instrument'. And I say that as a piano player of presumably the same type!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 3345