Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2977 2978 [2979] 2980 2981 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702042 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44670 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:21 pm »

Cigarettes and drugs are censored on TVs in Thailand, so it's hard to tell if the guy is smoking or if he's sucking a penis.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44671 on: October 16, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »

Vaguely related to the derail, a friend of mine said that one of the guys he knows had about a pound of cocaine in his pack today and was trying to sell some to him.

People will do very stupid things for money...
Doesn't sound credible, if only because a pound is a wholesale amount - it is very unlikely that a street-level dealer would have that much, even less that he would actually carry that much around with him. That's more than 30.000$ worth of cocaine, after all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44672 on: October 16, 2014, 05:32:49 pm »

Cigarettes and drugs are censored on TVs in Thailand, so it's hard to tell if the guy is smoking or if he's sucking a penis.
I've seen that in a couple of animes.  Someone lights up a cigarette and then suddenly a giant censor blots out half of the screen.  Most notably happened in Jojo's if I remember right.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44673 on: October 16, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

Haha, what you don't know is that, in those cases, they have not a cigarette but the ELDRITCH HUMP MONKEY BEACON. They are censored because they must -- the actual events are too graphic for humanity's fragile brains.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44674 on: October 16, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

ffs if my friend doesn't hook me up with windows 7 i might just blow me own nads off

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #44675 on: October 16, 2014, 06:27:44 pm »

On the cigarette ads derail, I just want to note that I haven't seen any ads for smoking on TV since I was in diapers. There are a bunch of silly commercials for "Cigars, Cigars" (a place to buy cigars that apparently is something like a sports lounge) on the radio, but that's the closest thing to pro-smoking ads I've seen in basically forever.

The ANTI-smoking ads however...ugh. They're so annoying it makes you want to smoke just to protest them being so insufferable (and often inaccurate).

Not to mention the whole "no one can smoke anywhere" legislation that has been passed. No smoking in bars and such. Its kinda scary how everyone treats smokers like pedophiles around here.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44676 on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:02 pm »

Of course, smoking causes a gigantic amount of deaths.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44677 on: October 16, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »

So does life itself, but you don't see people petitioning that.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #44678 on: October 16, 2014, 07:03:58 pm »

Advertising cigarettes is banned in NZ. We mostly get adverts for beer and anti-drunk-driving. Which says a lot about this country.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

blazing glory

« Reply #44679 on: October 16, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »

Advertising cigarettes is banned in NZ. We mostly get adverts for beer and anti-drunk-driving. Which says a lot about this country.

As a New Zealander, I can't confirm the beer adverts (mainly since I don't watch cable TV) but I do see plenty of signs telling not to drink and drive, so who needs to smoke when you have beer?

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44680 on: October 16, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »

The other problem with cigarettes is that being near to someone that smokes-especially in a confined space, means you end up with a good dose of unhealthy from them.
And potentially worse than the smoker, since unlike the smoke the smoker gets it isn't filtered.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44682 on: October 16, 2014, 07:32:42 pm »

All murderers were alive when they kill.

So life is also lethal to people around you. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #44683 on: October 16, 2014, 07:34:12 pm »

New Zealand
cable TV
ahahahahahahaha

*Shrug* Not my fault if I don't have much exposure to online TV or whatever it's called.

I think I've only seen a TV that connect's to online channels around 5 times in my lifetime (which isn't really long since I'm 14 but you get the message.) and I didn't bother checking the back to see if it got the radio wave's by cable or not.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #44684 on: October 16, 2014, 07:38:24 pm »

I'm laughing because 90% of television in NZ is satellite. The concept of "cable" television only really exists for broadband TV, which is used by about five people in total.
Pages: 1 ... 2977 2978 [2979] 2980 2981 ... 3345