Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2970 2971 [2972] 2973 2974 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696744 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44565 on: October 14, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

Some people don't like wearing shoes.

Maybe it's because they don't want other people to think they ever shower? Who knows.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44566 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:17 am »

I can't sleep, too alert. I need to wake up for school in 5 hours. Fudge -.-

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #44567 on: October 14, 2014, 12:04:28 pm »

Try reading a book on early philosophy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44568 on: October 14, 2014, 12:20:33 pm »

Just... y'know, beware getting one of the good ones and then not getting any sleep at all. Or one of the particularly bad ones and just getting a headache. You want middle of the road, not engaging but not painfully obtuse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44569 on: October 14, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »

He clearly thought you were homeless. Probably jumping the gun on his part but.....seriously? You went to a public shopping area with no shoes? What did you expect would happen? "No shirt, no shoes, no service" has been posted at every gas station and shopping center for decades.
If they don't like me not wearing shoes, they can tell me so, instead of claiming they have security cam footage of me rummaging through trash, which is obviously a lie.
I only wear shoes for security reasons or if someone asks me to. Up until now I never had problems going shopping without them and I have actually never see a sign "No shirt, no shoes, no service"

Maybe it's because they don't want other people to think they ever shower? Who knows.
Yeah, because not wearing shoes is clearly a sign of not washing yourself. What the heck is up with you and some people?
I don't like wearing shoes. They make my feet sweaty. They are uncomfortable. I like feeling the ground under my feet. There is no reason for me to wear shoes besides work place security and representing someone else who wants me to wear shoes.
It's one thing if people look at me funny in public, it's another if I'm being thrown out of the shopping mall for it and another thing entirely if I'm being lied to about the reasons.
Are feet somehow disgusting in themselves? What the heck?

Wait, so you actually weren't wearing shoes? Why?
Look above. I don't like them. Since I stopped wearing shoes my feet feel better and I cannot even remember when they felt truly cold.
You know that feeling where you're in bed and cannot get your feet to feel warm? Yeah, that's a thing of the past for me.

Yeah, most shops won't want you in without shoes. Same reason they don't want you turning up in pyjamas or a gimp suit or whatever.
I just don't understand what the problem with feet is. Do most people have some kind of hidden foot-fetish and feel uncomfortable being confronted with that in public?
Seriously, I am completely lost here.
Taste my Paci-Fist

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44570 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:19 pm »

He clearly thought you were homeless. Probably jumping the gun on his part but.....seriously? You went to a public shopping area with no shoes? What did you expect would happen? "No shirt, no shoes, no service" has been posted at every gas station and shopping center for decades.
If they don't like me not wearing shoes, they can tell me so, instead of claiming they have security cam footage of me rummaging through trash, which is obviously a lie.
I only wear shoes for security reasons or if someone asks me to. Up until now I never had problems going shopping without them and I have actually never see a sign "No shirt, no shoes, no service"

Yeah, because not wearing shoes is clearly a sign of not washing yourself. What the heck is up with you and some people?
I don't like wearing shoes. They make my feet sweaty. They are uncomfortable. I like feeling the ground under my feet. There is no reason for me to wear shoes besides work place security and representing someone else who wants me to wear shoes.
It's one thing if people look at me funny in public, it's another if I'm being thrown out of the shopping mall for it and another thing entirely if I'm being lied to about the reasons.
Are feet somehow disgusting in themselves? What the heck?

Wait, so you actually weren't wearing shoes? Why?
Look above. I don't like them. Since I stopped wearing shoes my feet feel better and I cannot even remember when they felt truly cold.
You know that feeling where you're in bed and cannot get your feet to feel warm? Yeah, that's a thing of the past for me.

Yeah, most shops won't want you in without shoes. Same reason they don't want you turning up in pyjamas or a gimp suit or whatever.
I just don't understand what the problem with feet is. Do most people have some kind of hidden foot-fetish and feel uncomfortable being confronted with that in public?

One question, do you wear sandals? If not, then what the heck?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44571 on: October 14, 2014, 12:41:23 pm »

Is mostly a hygiene thing, last I heard someone ramble about it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44572 on: October 14, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

Dunno about you, but I would NOT want to run around without something on my feet. Both for safety and hygiene reasons.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44573 on: October 14, 2014, 12:49:43 pm »

No shoes, no shirt, no service.

Now, it doesn't say anything about trousers...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44574 on: October 14, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

Dunno about you, but I would NOT want to run around without something on my feet. Both for safety and hygiene reasons.

Which is why I asked if Antsan wears sandals. Being in SoCal, I like to wear sandals during warm weather, though sandals aren't great for your feet if you need to walk around a lot.

Also, I'd love to see Antsan walk accross a hot parkinglot, if only to prove the point.

Besides, if you're home, you don't have to wear shoes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:54:48 pm by smjjames »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44575 on: October 14, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »

Meh, shoes, I wear them to protect my soft, delicate, moist, delicious, warm, hairy, big, easily hurt feets. But if the Anstan doesn't like shoes fine with me. c: (provided that they are cleansed before entering my home) (implying I would ever allow any of you people in my home)
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44576 on: October 14, 2014, 12:55:24 pm »

Eh, some folks are down with it, and that's mostly okay. Janet is fond of going shoeless, iirc, and while I certainly wouldn't go outside sans shoes or shoe equivalents (because many of the times I actually have ended in blood and/or insects), some people do and if that's their thing it's their thing, ant bites and hidden glass shards and all.

There's a slightly greater burden involved in going into someone's business or home while tracking in whatever has adhered to your delicious footmeat, though, or so I understand the cultural opinion on the subject in my area. Shoe-material adhesion only, and please wipe your shoes first.

But yeah, they're basically seen as, well, dirty, when you've been walking around in public with your feet skyclad. It's not necessarily that feet are disgusting in and of themselves, just in that particular situation.

E: And, I mean, it's not like it's not understandable. The ground is what most non-humans and a slim minority of humans use as a toilet. If we regularly handled wot dogs pissed on with our hands, there would probably be a cultural norm to wear gloves.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:00:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44577 on: October 14, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

Commerces also have a responsibility towards the well-being of their clientele, and they don't want to be responsible to you walking on a shard of glass or other sharp object while on their property.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #44578 on: October 14, 2014, 01:15:35 pm »

-bloop-
Firstly: What Frumple said :D
Secondly: Perhaps you fell victim to assumptions maybe?
My first thought to that was "I don't even know where the trash cans in this building are" and truthfully answer "No"
As in, maybe you could've said the orange part (though a minor tidbit)--sometimes, security detail has a significant event in the past connected with {such a person} which may have either physical or behavioral characteristics similar to yours. LIke not wearing shoes has been attributed to...err, homeless people or poor people or thieves or anyone who don't wear shoes perhaps? I'm inferring they sent you out with a defensive stance on the subject and not healthcare concerns because the road is too gritty or someone left a thumbtack to step on or something.

Also that there's a perception (unsure if stigma) regarding lacking 'clothing attire'. I mean I recall a story with a moral when one couple with a briefcase yet in normal, Sunday clothes went into a car dealership and asked how much all(?) the cars were--the salesman just laughed at em. They went to another dealership and got their price. Moral was that they were [some affluent and rich people dressed in plainsclothes and that don't judge by cover of book].
So...yeah, probably ask the security head/detail next time on how they view shoeless people perhaps?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44579 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:52 pm »

Still it's more than rude to falsely accuse me of rummaging through trash. If they'd told me that I cannot go in there without shoes,fine, I'd still have been sore, but it would not have been a reason for rage. That just felt incredibly demeaning.
I hope I can work up the courage to go there again and ask for the security tapes that purportedly show me doing that.

The guy who showed me out actually seemed quite uncomfortable with the whole situation. He got his orders from people sitting in front of security screens.

I will get moccasins, those are fast to put on and take off.
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: 1 ... 2970 2971 [2972] 2973 2974 ... 3345