Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702616 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poouroboros Edition
« Reply #44295 on: October 09, 2014, 01:24:29 pm »

nenjin you have no idea how much restraint i am showing in not saying that it's a two way street

Touche'. Or Poope'. Whichever you prefer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44296 on: October 09, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »

UMPG and Youtube, not sure who I'm raging at more right now. They are both full of awful, awful people.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44297 on: October 09, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »

Pretty sure you can't have latrines inside city limits :P
Are you sure? That seems like an off regulation to have. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44298 on: October 09, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »

Pretty sure you can't have latrines inside city limits :P
Are you sure? That seems like an off regulation to have. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.

I can. Sanitation issues (city surveyor going to come out and assess that you built it properly, that you're emptying it properly, that you're not letting it run off into your neighbor's property, that it's not leaking into the ground underneath, ect...no, they won't), noxious fumes (my shed is about 20 feet away from my neighbor's deck. Imagine how that'd smell on a hot summer day), property values, trying to duck paying your water bills to the city.....there's plenty of reasons why city governments control it. IIRC, if you can't hook up the sewer system, the city here requires you to dig and install a septic tank.

Outside city limits, it's a different story, somewhat.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:23:46 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44299 on: October 09, 2014, 06:24:07 pm »

if you can't hook up the sewer system
Okay I think this is where our miscommunication lies. I didn't think you were talking about just shitting in a hole.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44300 on: October 09, 2014, 06:26:43 pm »

if you can't hook up the sewer system
Okay I think this is where our miscommunication lies. I didn't think you were talking about just shitting in a hole.

The commonly understood definition of latrine is a hole wot you shit into.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44301 on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

... there's latrines/outhouses that work differently? I mean, the hole might or might not be dug into the ground, but that's pretty much how they operate, last I checked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44302 on: October 09, 2014, 06:30:06 pm »

In my garden (used to be shared between a load of houses but isn't now) there's what used to be an outhouse and coal shed next to each other that has water and sewage pipes running up to it. Obviously useless now and filled in, but I expect they had a use at some point in the past.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44303 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:15 pm »

Apparently, in response to me revealing that I drank with some buddies a month and a bloody half ago, my friend has refused to talk to me for the past couple of days. Fucking brilliant.

On top of this, PC After Dark has apparently deigned not to call me and tell me if they've even started work on my laptop. Yes, please, give me more papi I need more grief.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44304 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

Are you meant to be sober or something? Or do they really hate booze?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44305 on: October 09, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

Are you meant to be sober or something? Or do they really hate booze?

The latter. Though, honestly, I'm not really sure because she refuses to speak to me.

Whatever, i'm not pushing the issue. I just texted her that it was mildly distressing that she wasn't communicating, and if she wanted to talk about it i'd be happy to talk over the phone. Honestly, that's good enough for me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44306 on: October 09, 2014, 06:50:28 pm »

Gotta love intolerant straightedges. It's one of those things that, years later if they change, you get the joy of holding over them. I still get to rib my older brother about it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44307 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:11 pm »

Gotta love intolerant straightedges. It's one of those things that, years later if they change, you get the joy of holding over them. I still get to rib my older brother about it.
Oh man, I was such an Anti-everythingfun up unti about grade 9 or 10. I still hold it over myself to this day.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44308 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »

Oh man, I was such an Anti-everythingfun up unti about grade 9 or 10. I still hold it over myself to this day.
Oi, as a straightedge, I can have fun without booze, drugs, or sex. It's called video games. See, I'm fun. Right? Right guys? I'm fun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44309 on: October 09, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »

Oi, as a straightedge, I can have fun without booze, drugs, or sex. It's called video games. See, I'm fun. Right? Right guys? I'm fun.

Eh, I don't really hold grudges over that sort of thing. It's actually really easy to have fun sober, it's just that drinking makes everything 9 times more intense. Whether that be intensely fun or intensely agonizing depends on your emotional state at the time.

The thing is, is that there's this misconception in pop culture that in order to have fun with alcohol you always have to get sloppy drunk. Most of the time I just take it slowly, up until about four in the morning when i'm well//truly sloshed.

Trust the word of experience, it's a lot more fun being slightly buzzed fucking around with your bros than being sloshed drunk just

"MMMMMMM GOD DAMN

THIS FEELING ISHH

SO GOOD

DON'T YOU GUYS THINK SO
"

"Jesus stop yelling"

"FUKC OFF I DO WAT I WATN"
Pages: 1 ... 2952 2953 [2954] 2955 2956 ... 3345