Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698466 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: TPS Reports Edition
« Reply #43995 on: October 02, 2014, 08:06:47 pm »

I skipped my painkillers for my wisdom teeth and kept them for fun instead.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43996 on: October 02, 2014, 09:31:07 pm »

... yeah, couldn't have done that, m'self. Normally pretty pain resistant, but both sets have been days-straight sinus-headache levels of pain even with the opiates. I... probably would have killed myself, instead, because fuck that with a rusty nail studded cactus. Or at least tore out my eye, because it's been goddamn tempting enough as it is. Why the jaw is somehow connected to the eye socket in regards to nerve endings I don't even freaking know.

Helps that the stuff I got isn't actually fun. Somewhat relaxing, and obviously pain killing, but the physical side of it's pretty unpleasant. Kinda' feels like part of my insides are hollowed out or somethin' while they're seriously kicking in. Nasty shit. Effective, but recreational it is not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43997 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »

Yea I got lucky. One had the bottom ones out so, despite the butchery I went through, I was less swollen than anyone expected. Day after you pretty much couldn't tell anymore.

My brother though.....ended up looking like a drugged squirrel laying on the couch, cheeks full of gauze, pill'd to his eyeballs on pain meds for two days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43998 on: October 02, 2014, 11:06:33 pm »

So, back on SS13. This round, I start off as a borg, but quickly get subverted by the tater Roboticist. I kidnap the detective who happened to be walking by, aand is also made into a cyborg. Together, we hunt for more victims to be converted. You know where that's headed.

We had three more brains in various states of aliveness, and then just as it seemed that we would run the station as Ryuu and her Robotic Crew, the game crashes. RIGHT AS IT STARTED TO GET FUN(NER).

/:-|

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43999 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:02 am »

I deserve better treatment than I am receiving in the relationship I am currently in. This makes me rather upset.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44000 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:32 am »

So... foursomes?

:P

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44001 on: October 03, 2014, 10:16:49 am »

I'm not even bad at talking. As long as someone else talks to me first I can talk for ages, and do it like a boss. As a result of this, a ton of people constantly tell me "DOOD you should talk more yer wicked funny" or whatever.

However, the fact that I have been attempting to be friendly with my crush in order to ultimately achieve romance is fairly difficult because of this fact. Pretty much everyone else here starts conversations like this:

"Hi"
"Hey"
"How you doing"
"Good"
[DIALOGUE INTENSIFIES]

..And it just feels so fucking random and stupid, especially when the person you're talking to is shy and probably doesn't want small talk any more than you, which is why I haven't actually done it yet.

Maybe I just need to try it, or something. Starting a social relationship is irritating. There's also the issue of not knowing how I'm going to be able to keep it simple so that I can hide it from my parents and brother. Sure, maybe they enjoy butting their noses into my life every five seconds, I don't give a shit, they're just gonna have to sit on the sidelines while I devise some sort of a plot to woo this girl, and should I succeed, hope the relationship doesn't become weird and sexual because hooray for teenagers constantly humping each other's legs.

And look, I'm already stressing out over it this much and I've talked to this girl around twice. What the hell, brain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44002 on: October 03, 2014, 10:36:03 am »

I have no advice for you, IT, but I can offer sympathy because I felt exactly the same way about half a year ago.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44003 on: October 03, 2014, 10:42:34 am »

I find people actually appreciate it when you begin with an actual remark on things rather then just small talk. As long as you aren't saying anything like "You know, I could appreciate the idea of white power if it just had better marketing", people quite appreciate it. Then again, the only real social contact I've been having is with drama students and teenage writers, both of which are very well known to be awkward.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44004 on: October 03, 2014, 10:51:12 am »

As long as you aren't saying anything like "You know, I could appreciate the idea of white power if it just had better marketing", people quite appreciate it.

Oh, that's what I've been doing wrong.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #44005 on: October 03, 2014, 10:58:26 am »

I'm not even bad at talking. As long as someone else talks to me first I can talk for ages, and do it like a boss. As a result of this, a ton of people constantly tell me "DOOD you should talk more yer wicked funny" or whatever.

However, the fact that I have been attempting to be friendly with my crush in order to ultimately achieve romance is fairly difficult because of this fact. Pretty much everyone else here starts conversations like this:

"Hi"
"Hey"
"How you doing"
"Good"
[DIALOGUE INTENSIFIES]

..And it just feels so fucking random and stupid, especially when the person you're talking to is shy and probably doesn't want small talk any more than you, which is why I haven't actually done it yet.

Maybe I just need to try it, or something. Starting a social relationship is irritating. There's also the issue of not knowing how I'm going to be able to keep it simple so that I can hide it from my parents and brother. Sure, maybe they enjoy butting their noses into my life every five seconds, I don't give a shit, they're just gonna have to sit on the sidelines while I devise some sort of a plot to woo this girl, and should I succeed, hope the relationship doesn't become weird and sexual because hooray for teenagers constantly humping each other's legs.

And look, I'm already stressing out over it this much and I've talked to this girl around twice. What the hell, brain.

It's the little something that MZ mentioned once that is pretty much the key: rapport. Learn it, love it. The inanity is just for the purposes of either verbal filler for [COMMENCE CONVERSATION] or a pretext to learn more about the person so that you can find commonalities.

Ask open questions, learn more about the person, if you have some stuff about yourself that's relevant say it, but don't try to make the conversation just about you and your interests. Funny it up if you have something funny to say, but don't force it. Pretty straightforward.

Pretty much nobody hates talking about their interests and themselves in general.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44006 on: October 03, 2014, 11:00:46 am »

As long as you aren't saying anything like "You know, I could appreciate the idea of white power if it just had better marketing", people quite appreciate it.

Oh, that's what I've been doing wrong.
Well, it does work, you just have to find the right place and the right time for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44007 on: October 03, 2014, 11:30:30 am »

You can also go meta and say "I don't know about you, but I never saw the point of small talk."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44008 on: October 03, 2014, 11:32:38 am »

What if that gets popular and that becomes the new small talk? Then you'd have to talk about how you never saw the point of complaining about small talk. Meta breeds meta.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44009 on: October 03, 2014, 11:40:20 am »

Meta eugenics.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2932 2933 [2934] 2935 2936 ... 3345