Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692358 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43560 on: September 21, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

Not allow. Ha.

Question to ask: Which is worse, boredom or whatever they'd do if you went hunting for something interesting to do anyway?

Rebel, Taw, rebel!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43561 on: September 21, 2014, 12:21:49 pm »

Not allow. Ha.

Question to ask: Which is worse, boredom or whatever they'd do if you went hunting for something interesting to do anyway?

Rebel, Taw, rebel!
The second one, because it is guaranteed to lead into the first twenty times over.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43562 on: September 21, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »

1. Very Low Strength           1
We can fix that. Drop and give me 20!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43563 on: September 21, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »

I caught Nurgle's Plague. Maybe from the auction, more likely from the ~8 total hours spent in airports and on planes, or maybe the birthday party I went to when I got back.

I got to feel it move from my head, to my sinuses, to my throat, to my chest, over the course of the last couple of days. Everything tastes funny, and everything is a chore now. Even sitting back and playing games. I know this is true because instead of playing games I know, I've bounced between several new games just trying to find something that adequately distracts me from how crappy I feel. It's lovely outside and I've turned down several offers to go sit outside and smoke Hookah or hang out around the campfire, because when I feel like this I'd rather just suffer alone. Also lots of smoking with a chest cold doesn't sound all that pleasant right now.

Part of me just wants to sleep even though I know it's not going to make me feel any better or more rested.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43564 on: September 21, 2014, 03:04:39 pm »

1. Very Low Strength           1
We can fix that. Drop and give me 20!

The only link between a person with mine or, presumably, Tawa's strength, push-ups and giving twenty is 'pained screams before collapsing'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43565 on: September 21, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

Can confirm. Pushups lead to nothing but pain and horror.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43566 on: September 21, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »

Of course.
You need to cycle them with situps and squats.
That way you get a short rest on each bodypart while you're doing the others.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43567 on: September 21, 2014, 03:14:26 pm »

Of course.
That way you get an equal amount of pain in each bodypart while you're doing the others.

FTFY
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43568 on: September 21, 2014, 03:16:50 pm »

Of course.
That way you get an equal amount of pain in each bodypart while you're doing the others.

FTFY
Hey, going through a cycle of 20-20-20 each is not long enough to be really hurting. No, hurting is when social pressure makes you do that same cycle for almost half an hour.
Martial arts stuff is far too demanding for me to have stuck with it for more than a few months.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43569 on: September 21, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »

Maybe I should learn some kind of martial art. What's "hitting people with swords" called these days?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43570 on: September 21, 2014, 03:20:17 pm »

Maybe I should learn some kind of martial art. What's "hitting people with swords" called these days?

Fencing and Kendo

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43571 on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:31 pm »

Fencing and Kendo
... really? Those both sound pathetic. Guess I'll just go ask John if he can give me some lessons.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43572 on: September 21, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »

Fencing and Kendo
... really? Those both sound pathetic. Guess I'll just go ask John if he can give me some lessons.
I don't think either fencing or kendo are pathetic :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43573 on: September 21, 2014, 03:26:57 pm »

Fencing and Kendo
* Tawarochir runs InsanityIncarnate through with swords

Don't you be bashing on my sword-fighting.

My name is Inigo Montoya.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43574 on: September 21, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

why can't I go to bed and why is my tired brain so fixated on Riot's shady business practices
Care to elaborate?

ugh the rage was about me relapsing into riot rage but you asked so now I have to

basically:

http://www.dotastrategy.com/blog/a-letter-from-pendragon-creator-of-dota-allstarscom/

The website will be offline for the next week or so while the database is moved to its new permanent home where its contents will remain archived and available to the public for the sake of historical preservation.

In the meantime, I hope some of you will join me and over 3 million other players for a game of League of Legends (it’s free!)

Riot's Pendragon took down dota-allstars.com, said that it would be "available to the public" after it's offline "for the next week or so"; didn't put it up for years and consistently said "a few weeks" when asked.

http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/453825-riot-attempted-to-force-teams-to-drop-dota

yeah this one's shaky

http://dotaland.net/2012/12/09/tencent-posts-an-article-on-qq-com-flaming-dota2-quickly-removes-it-but-not-before-dota-uuu9-com-posts-a-counter-flame/

Riot's parent company saying that "there is only one way to buy Dota2, with a price of 100 USD.", which is... uh, false.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/19/riot-games-counter-files-for-dota-trademark/

Riot filed for the Dota trademark to keep Valve from having it, to "protect the work that Eul, Guinsoo and dozens of other modders have done to create the game". Eul works for valve, Guinsoo works for Riot, and people like DamnNoHTML and Neichus don't really need the protection, since it was never really that much of a job in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 3345