Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691799 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43530 on: September 20, 2014, 09:39:30 pm »

This is why we keep the squishy brain and wire a wi-fi interface into it. And then digi-clone it a few dozen times and network in a bunch of expert systems and maybe a few AIs. Human body, immortality, vastly improved capabilities, and theoretically infinite supply of worthy opponents.
YES!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43531 on: September 20, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »

Yeah, see, nothing says you need to be *in* a human body to experience through it and manipulate it like you do your current one.

MAD SCIENCE!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43532 on: September 20, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »

This is why we keep the squishy brain and wire a wi-fi interface into it. And then digi-clone it a few dozen times and network in a bunch of expert systems and maybe a few AIs. Human body, immortality, vastly improved capabilities, and theoretically infinite supply of extra lives.
Hell yeah! Where do I sign up?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43533 on: September 20, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »

Ah, technically, not extra lives. You ever play Cortex Command? It's kind of like that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43534 on: September 20, 2014, 09:54:44 pm »

I have played CC, and that's perfectly acceptable. The point is to have expendable bodies that I can do things with (skydiving, spelunking, etc) without risk to my Self.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43535 on: September 20, 2014, 09:56:47 pm »

Isn't there an oculus rift based VR bird simulator? It looks a bit silly but people apparently love it...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43536 on: September 20, 2014, 10:12:05 pm »

Tonight is the night of Homecoming Dance at the school I go to, and for once in High School I have a date! Even though I don't usually like the dances I go to, I figured that I might as well come along since I finally have someone to go with ever since Junior High.

I wish I hadn't. As soon as I get there I see some of my friends that I sit with in lunch by the entrance, and they point to me where my date is. I see her and she's wearing a pink dress. I say hi, she says hi, I tell her she looks great, yadda yadda usual dance partner beginning banter. I tell her that and she immediately walks off. I just shrug it off as okay because I haven't been to a dance/gone on a date with someone for years. I shoot the shit with some of my friends for about 5 minutes and go to get a drink.

It's water. It's all water. I dump my drink and go to hang out with my friends. I'm ignored for about 15 minutes when I decide to see where my partner walked off to. I say hi and ask if she wants to dance. She tells me to wait a moment and talks to a girl by the side of the whole room. I watch most of the dancers since I've got nothing to do right now but wait, but then my shoulder is tapped by the girl she was talking to!

"X wanted me to talk to you... She says that her parents won't let her even talk to you because you're a Senior, and she didn't want to tell you because she didn't know how you'd react."

...Oh...

...Well, I guess I can talk to my friends, right? Except I'm ignored by them when I try to start a conversation, and when I try to get into one they're having I'm cut off. So I just stand and drink about 5 cups of water before I decide to just leave.

Besides the banter, talking to friends at the beginning and being essentially dumped, the only two person who actually talked to me for a while and would push me to dance with others were one person I stick around with in PE and another student who I can't even remember his name, which irks me because I think that I should remember who he is.

The thing that pisses me off the most about tonight was that instead of telling me in person as soon as I arrive, she waits about an hour when I've got no one to talk/dance/etc. with, and has someone else do it for her! I've got nothing against her, because she is really shy, but what I would have thought to actually be a fun dance was shot down to be another disappointing hour.

I had an epiphany while I was there: Every dance I've been to except for my sister's wedding (When I was with my really close half-brother and real brother), and two junior high dances (When I was going with my then crush-turned-girlfriend), all I would do is stand around, drink and eat what they had, and would leave after an hour of nothing.

I shouldn't miss my last Prom? No thanks, I don't want to stand around doing nothing, seeing everyone else have fun, and feel sorry for myself when I'm just the weird kid sitting in the back doing nothing but drinking everything that's been provided and eating everything as well.

Fuck tonight.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43537 on: September 21, 2014, 12:05:15 am »

I have completely lost my knack for surfing in CounterStrike. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43538 on: September 21, 2014, 12:49:58 am »

My work started flooding directly before I clocked out.
Literally 5 minutes before my shift ended.
Yay.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43539 on: September 21, 2014, 12:55:23 am »

Is that like Skiing in Tribes?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #43540 on: September 21, 2014, 12:57:14 am »

Is that like bowling in Half Life?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43541 on: September 21, 2014, 12:58:56 am »

Yep, except it's 100% abuse of game physics and map geometry, no jetpacks involved.

3. Run Resize Enable

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43542 on: September 21, 2014, 01:06:27 am »

Is that like bowling in Half Life?
Is that like hocky in Doom?

Yep, except it's 100% abuse of game physics and map geometry, no jetpacks involved.

Those engine glitches are interesting. Painkiller made use of a similar momentum thingy to get places, also kind of Jedi Knight 2.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43543 on: September 21, 2014, 01:10:44 am »

Those engine glitches are interesting. Painkiller made use of a similar momentum thingy to get places, also kind of Jedi Knight 2.

It gets really interesting when it's a server that expects you to actually fight, because the way recoil works doesn't mesh with rapid movement at all.

Heh, except the Scout. I remember one of my old favorite servers (a 24/7 run of de_highschool) was notorious for us spending hours just running around with all Scouts, and probably less than half of us cheating with bits of tape in the center of the screen. But yeah, CS accuracy was byzantine if you didn't know how it worked.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43544 on: September 21, 2014, 03:39:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These spots, I do not know why they are there nor how to remove them :| And the two people who can help me aren't in IRC.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 3345