Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690337 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43515 on: September 20, 2014, 07:56:48 pm »

Quote from: people
-f.lux stuff-
Rrraaaaaaaagh.

They don't fucking care that there's a program that fixes the problem, they just think that "I use the computer enough as it is".

Spoiler: RANT WARNING (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43516 on: September 20, 2014, 08:01:13 pm »

That can't possibly backfire at all.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43517 on: September 20, 2014, 08:07:21 pm »

You could just go ahead and do it anyway, as long as it isn't too crazy. Don't ask for permission, just tell them you're going to do whatever it is. It worked passably for me, though your mileage may vary.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43518 on: September 20, 2014, 08:08:23 pm »

Today in Bauglir doesn't know shit about programming: Advancing through an array by manually adjusting a pointer seems to require decrementing it to advance to the next entry. This explains a lot, and yet also raises further questions. Also, before you ask, this was still easier than working around all the stupid typecasting horseshit I did.

Listen people - if I ever offer to write code for you, please. Don't let me. In fact, punch me, as hard as you can. I am king of fucking simple things into overly complicated garbage.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43519 on: September 20, 2014, 08:21:27 pm »

Wouldn't work. Absolutely anything computer-related is the devil to them. Researching Enlightenment philosophers on Wikipedia? EVIL. Messing around in GIMP, making pretty pictures? THE DEFINITION OF DARKNESS. Maybe even just messing with Cataclysm .jsons or DF raws is RAGE-INDUCING HORROR.

My flash-game addiction and Runescape habit, both from back in middle school, seem to have tainted their minds with the idea that [Tawarochir] + Computer = games.

(Not to mention that my father's an atheist and I'm a self-proclaimed Pastafarian.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43520 on: September 20, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »

Pretty sure there'll some Pastafarian sermons on the Internet somewhere.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43521 on: September 20, 2014, 08:26:35 pm »

Was referring to greatorder's televangelist thing.

Mom isn't really cool with my traditional-faith-lacking, anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43522 on: September 20, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »

Off topic, but I love your name, Caroline :3
So I've been browsing back and-
Oh...oh goodness. Yes.
Caroline~ ♥
I don't like it. Reminds me of Coraline.

After that, I feel like I have a phobia of buttons, thread and sewing needles when they're all together.
Oh pff. Coraline is awesome!
It's...the other...that isn't.

-snip-
@_@
Your friend really needs...stuff...with his attitude. :S

-snip-
Bauglir I'll be your partial voice of reason and punch you lightly now. :I
* Tiruin punches Bauglir.
Now stop beating yourself up and realize that whatever ineptitude you may have at the moment is a hint at how much you need to progress at [that_work]. Its partially with the mindset, or how you process your thoughts into things, but you aren't going to stay [at that low level] if you wish to improve...unless you don't, and flop, and be distressed and stay staring at the hole than at the road ahead D:
*also hugs to you guys*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43523 on: September 20, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »

Actually it seems to turn out that I was wrong about that thing I just said? Fucked if I know what's happening anymore. I'm just going to have to unfuck the typecasting issue.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:06:14 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43524 on: September 20, 2014, 09:07:10 pm »

-snip-
She's fine, it's just that the name of the book/film is Coraline.
Whonow?
The 'other' I was talking about was the antagonist of Coraline :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43525 on: September 20, 2014, 09:11:52 pm »

Now I'm worried that the poster formerly known as Cmega will get uploaded into an AI core, possibly against her will...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43526 on: September 20, 2014, 09:22:49 pm »

Probably not against her will.

I mean, I'll ask first, right?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43527 on: September 20, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »

Guise, my new avatar does not approve of other people doing that.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43528 on: September 20, 2014, 09:36:22 pm »

Guise, my new avatar does not approve of other people doing that.
Too bad.
* II uploads Caroline's conciousness into a computer simulation.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43529 on: September 20, 2014, 09:38:09 pm »

This is why we keep the squishy brain and wire a wi-fi interface into it. And then digi-clone it a few dozen times and network in a bunch of expert systems and maybe a few AIs. Human body, immortality, vastly improved capabilities, and theoretically infinite supply of minions.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 ... 3345