Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2898 2899 [2900] 2901 2902 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691575 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43485 on: September 20, 2014, 08:06:47 am »

I prefer dreihanders, myself.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43486 on: September 20, 2014, 08:49:10 am »

Achthander's where it's at. The cephalopods are coming :I
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43488 on: September 20, 2014, 01:23:31 pm »

S. Carolina's too close to florida to be worthy of notable consideration, so no worries about brainmelt.

Most places are too close to Florida.  In the universe, that is. :P

Seriously, Florida is pretty fucked up.  And I think I suddenly understand the strange relationship between Indiana and Florida that has perplexed me for many years.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43489 on: September 20, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »

I'm excited for Beyond Earth, but can't watch the streams they've recorded and put on youtube because it's like they find the worst people at Civ and give them the game to stream >.<
CASUALS

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43490 on: September 20, 2014, 02:12:16 pm »

I'm excited for Beyond Earth, but can't watch the streams they've recorded and put on youtube because it's like they find the worst people at Civ and give them the game to stream >.<
CASUALS
From the looks of things they'd fail at casual games, too.
'Hey! Lets make THREE WORKERS WITHOUT MAKING ANYTHING ELSE!'
'What? Reduce the workers? OK, two workers! One? No, I like two!'
First thing you make is a bloody culture building to get the virtues going and border expansion, THEN a worker. And at the beginning you only need ONE! Not THREE!
Then they fail to realise you cannot move a unit more than its two tiles per turn, THEN fail to realise that a ranged unit isn't attacked back when they attack your unit and complain...
Do they just throw the controls to a random Bob and chuck them on stream? You'd think they'd actually send someone who knows how to play the game to show everyone else how the game plays.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43491 on: September 20, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »

Silly Carolinians, the real party is in New York The Blight.
EHRE SEI CANADA.

CASUALS
From the looks of things they'd fail at casual games, too.
'Hey! Lets make THREE WORKERS WITHOUT MAKING ANYTHING ELSE!'
'What? Reduce the workers? OK, two workers! One? No, I like two!'
First thing you make is a bloody culture building to get the virtues going and border expansion, THEN a worker. And at the beginning you only need ONE! Not THREE!
Then they fail to realise you cannot move a unit more than its two tiles per turn, THEN fail to realise that a ranged unit isn't attacked back when they attack your unit and complain...
Do they just throw the controls to a random Bob and chuck them on stream? You'd think they'd actually send someone who knows how to play the game to show everyone else how the game plays.
Just reading that made me want to gouge my eyes out. I play far too much civ to watch or hear people be bad at it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43492 on: September 20, 2014, 02:23:04 pm »

It's been well noted a quite a number of streamers, including some of the (relatively) popular ones, intentionally play poorly. Something about appealing to a larger viewer base or... something.

Is also well noted by streamers that talking and displaying a game and actually playing it and being vaguely entertaining all at the same time is balls hard.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43493 on: September 20, 2014, 02:24:15 pm »

If you're intentionally playing poorly to be entertaining, you gotta play harder games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43494 on: September 20, 2014, 02:26:54 pm »

Oddly enough my Pet Peave with letsplays are people who play worse than I would (or badly in general).

Like when these two people played Kirby Superstar (that I watched for a friend... Gaming Grumps are not... good for proper letsplays)... And they didn't know how to do anything, they didn't know how to check their powers, they didn't know how to switch them.

Yet I know they had to be faking...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43495 on: September 20, 2014, 02:30:45 pm »

And WHY would you be infuriatingly inept to appeal to more people!?
Because of my favourite German word, Schadenfreude!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43496 on: September 20, 2014, 02:31:59 pm »

There's an apparently fairly large body of fairly inept individuals who would prefer not to see people play better than them. There's also another, also apparently fairly large body, of not as inept individuals who like to watch people who play worse than them. Folks that want to watch someone skilled do skillful things is apparently the smaller subgroup, or somethin'.

Not something I really understand, but I'd often rather watch a TAS than a video LP so *shrugs*
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43497 on: September 20, 2014, 02:33:03 pm »

Because of my favourite German word, Schadenfreude!
That is German!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43498 on: September 20, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »

There's an apparently a fairly large body of fairly inept individuals who would prefer not to see people play better than them. There's also another, also apparently fairly large body, of not as inept individuals who like to watch people who play worse than them. Folks that want to watch someone skilled do skillful things is apparently the smaller subgroup, or somethin'.

Not something I really understand, but I'd often rather watch a TAS than a video LP so *shrugs*

It's why I only watch certain LPs from certain people, even though honestly even the best [to watch] are falling into that. That's why I usually stick with Angry reviews/TB/Yahtzee nowadays.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43499 on: September 20, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »

That thread got nixed while I was in the middle of typing a long, well-researched, well-cited post. That makes me feel angry!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 2898 2899 [2900] 2901 2902 ... 3345