Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690305 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43290 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:26 pm »

People are weird at your uni.
It's a federal institution, and thus subject to all the wonders of federal law and bureaucracy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43291 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:37 pm »

If its any consolation I go to a private university and our administration fucking sucks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43292 on: September 16, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »

Most of the IT department here seems to consists of students. I guess there's upsides to sharing the faculty with the Computer Science nerds :v

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43293 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

I've not played minecraft enough to worry, but to be honest, why does it matter?

Microsoft saw potential for profits, it makes a grab, it won AFAIK and now we wait to see what happens. So what if a minecraft 2 is made or an mmo(?) sequel thing is made. Play the original. Modding communities don't die when a game gets a sequel. I presume that's what this user is scared about.

Dunno why. If a series is killed, the older game(s) are still here. This is a rather messy rant, buuuut, I don't care :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43294 on: September 16, 2014, 01:50:03 pm »

Gotta fight an urge to punch my ex in the face everytime I see her. I still intend to take legal action against the college for that. I've been trying to talk with my boss about ways to resolve the situation that doesn't involve a court battle, but I can't seem to get a second to ask.

Maybe I just need a proper girlfriend to take my mind off this :-\...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43295 on: September 16, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »

She lied to me, made a completely false and unjustified complaint against me that almost cost me my job, and the college in turn refused to allow me to say anything in my defense, even completely refusing to tell me what it was I did that caused a complaint in the first place.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43296 on: September 16, 2014, 02:01:22 pm »

She lied to me, made a completely false and unjustified complaint against me that almost cost me my job, and the college in turn refused to allow me to say anything in my defense, even completely refusing to tell me what it was I did that caused a complaint in the first place.
Did that ever actually... go anywhere?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43297 on: September 16, 2014, 02:07:53 pm »

Did that ever actually... go anywhere?

What do you mean? The main consequence was that the school issued an Order of No Contact. I did ask to know what I was accused of, first in the security office who took the complaint, who did not give a straight answer, then the associate dean who issued the No-Contact order, who gave me a Freedom of Information Law request form that she knew damn well was going to be denied. I spent the entire summer dealing with that only for the County Executive's office to tell me that no, I don't actually have the right to see the original complaint because it's a protected educational record simply because it has her name on it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #43298 on: September 16, 2014, 02:16:02 pm »

I've not played minecraft enough to worry, but to be honest, why does it matter?

Microsoft saw potential for profits, it makes a grab, it won AFAIK and now we wait to see what happens. So what if a minecraft 2 is made or an mmo(?) sequel thing is made. Play the original. Modding communities don't die when a game gets a sequel. I presume that's what this user is scared about.

Dunno why. If a series is killed, the older game(s) are still here. This is a rather messy rant, buuuut, I don't care :P

I am curious what Microsoft expects to come of this.

The sum of money they bought it for is, well... I don't think they should ever expect to make that back.  Not from Minecraft at least, maybe from the studio but eh, just because they made one hit game doesn't mean they'll do it again.

Its possible they expect this to somehow make them a bigger name in video games but I'm not seeing it.  They'll probably try to find some way to force people to use one of their unpopular clients like the windows 8 store or Xbox/Games for Windows Live.  Or release overpriced DLC or something, but I don't know why anyone would buy MC DLC given how ridiculously modded that game is at this point.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43299 on: September 16, 2014, 02:17:18 pm »

What about Kongregate?
Works, but if anyone sees it (and the computers are placed in a way that everyone passing by sees what is on the screen) I'd get my acess suspended, which is actually needed for some classes.
... what about just stuff on your own flash drive? I had... DF, Incursion, Warzone 2100, Twisted Tower, Pokemon Omicron, Dominions 3, a whole host of fanfics... probably a few other things. On the flash drive I used on campus. Y'don't install anything, that way, and you don't do anything re: internet. Sounds like it'd fit all the noted requirements.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43300 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

In 6th form one of my friends brought in the multiplayer part of Halo 1. Within the week half of 6th form was playing it.

Oh, that's how I discovered Fallout.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43301 on: September 16, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »

In 6th form one of my friends brought in the multiplayer part of Halo 1. Within the week half of 6th form was playing it.
At the end of one year we had, in one large room (that room essentially being the biggest of the computer class rooms), Halo, AOE, and one computer was playing minecraft.

My flash drive on the otherhand, had DF, LCS, WZ2100, and Iji on it, among other things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43302 on: September 16, 2014, 03:49:04 pm »

Were you like, "I AM THE GOD HERE"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43303 on: September 16, 2014, 03:50:09 pm »

Were you like, "I AM THE GOD HERE"
Nah, That was the guy who had found out you could put halo on the computers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #43304 on: September 16, 2014, 04:12:17 pm »

Meanwhile my college is all like All Hail [me]! Bringer of Firefox Portable!" Because unrestricted internet access.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 3345