Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690122 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43275 on: September 16, 2014, 08:51:58 am »

California sucks right now. It's supposed to hit the 100s today. It's September! Get cold, damn it!
I want to move to Canada.
Come! You're always welcome up here! Although, if you want to come up here you're going to have to convert your temperatures to Celsius. Or Kelvin, Kelvin is acceptable.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43276 on: September 16, 2014, 09:20:43 am »

I prefer to just assume everyone is speaking in Celsius at all times, and the entire country below us is a scorched wasteland littered with corpses where body fluids boil on contact with the air.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43277 on: September 16, 2014, 09:24:13 am »

Find a pc and play Age of Empires or whatever old games are installed on it by default?

There's always some student organization doing stuff like that. Maybe.
There are no games installed in university PCs, and attempting to install any, out play online, can result I'm the suspension of one's right to us the PCs.

I think it may be related to the prejudice most people who work in the computer science department seem to have against gaming in general.

EDIT: furthermore, the computer science building has no public computers, because why would it?
I was under the impression that computer science people form a circular Venn diagram with people who keep 90s games on computers just because.

You have proven me wrong.

Anyway, how about just walking around? I've done plenty of that. Unless the campus is someplace unpleasant.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43278 on: September 16, 2014, 09:52:48 am »

Korean road laws encourage bikers to get hit by cars.

By law, you're supposed to ride on the rightmost lane's rightmost edge. But because cars have a blind spot there, the moment one tries to turn you'll slam into it.

http://bicyclesafe.com

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43279 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:37 am »

Korean road laws encourage bikers to get hit by cars.

By law, you're supposed to ride on the rightmost lane's rightmost edge. But because cars have a blind spot there, the moment one tries to turn you'll slam into it.

http://bicyclesafe.com

That's standard practice in most places that drive on the right hand side of the road. It's better there then in the middle of two lanes of traffic. And you're supposed to check your blindspot when you turn...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43280 on: September 16, 2014, 09:59:48 am »

Yeah I don't see the problem there.

Although bike lanes are of course preferable.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43281 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:07 am »

Well, additional laws are that you cannot bike on the sidewalk if any bicycle roads exist, or if they don't exist at all.

Bike lanes in Korea are really weird. If they're part of the road, people park their cars there. If they're part of the sidewalk, the gov't plants stuff there. What am i supposed to do?

And even if I bike along the side of the road, apparently road biking is super risky... sigh

Edit: the site I linked advocates that the law is dumb in reality.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43282 on: September 16, 2014, 10:10:41 am »

those bikelanes

wat

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43283 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:12 am »

I STEPPED ON A THUMBTACK THIS MORNING

AAARRRRHGHGHGGLDFKGJDKLFGJDLGN
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43284 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:42 am »

I prefer to just assume everyone is speaking in Celsius at all times, and the entire country below us is a scorched wasteland littered with corpses where body fluids boil on contact with the air.
No, that's just Florida and Texas.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43285 on: September 16, 2014, 11:11:54 am »

Find a pc and play Age of Empires or whatever old games are installed on it by default?

There are no games installed in university PCs, and attempting to install any, out play online, can result I'm the suspension of one's right to us the PCs.

I think it may be related to the prejudice most people who work in the computer science department seem to have against gaming in general.

EDIT: furthermore, the computer science building has no public computers, because why would it?
I was under the impression that computer science people form a circular Venn diagram with people who keep 90s games on computers just because.

Anyway, how about just walking around? I've done plenty of that. Unless the campus is someplace unpleasant.
My leg was (and still is) in quite a bit of pain, and the place is notorious for the uneven ground. Still, that is over, so I only need to bear through roughly 4 hours of work while trying to ignore my leg.

As for the game stuff, I'd say 1/3 of the students are into gaming, but, even then, only newer ones, while only a single teacher likes video games (and indeed bases his research on it).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43286 on: September 16, 2014, 11:13:39 am »

Those bike lanes are beautiful. So much utility contained in a metre wide strip.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43287 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »

My leg was (and still is) in quite a bit of pain, and the place is notorious for the uneven ground. Still, that is over, so I only need to bear through roughly 4 hours of work while trying to ignore my leg.

As for the game stuff, I'd say 1/3 of the students are into gaming, but, even then, only newer ones, while only a single teacher likes video games (and indeed bases his research on it).
What about Kongregate?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43288 on: September 16, 2014, 12:55:17 pm »

What about Kongregate?
Works, but if anyone sees it (and the computers are placed in a way that everyone passing by sees what is on the screen) I'd get my acess suspended, which is actually needed for some classes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43289 on: September 16, 2014, 12:56:31 pm »

People are weird at your uni.
Pages: 1 ... 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 ... 3345