Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2874 2875 [2876] 2877 2878 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689071 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43125 on: September 12, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »

Searching "Mastahcheese cat army" brought up a cat army. Not under Mastah's name, but we all know he's too discreet to be named.

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_Cat_Army_of_Green_Isle

Reading that just made me realize that the first Redwall book had an actual cat, proportionately sized to the mice.
A somewhat-vegetarian cat, no less. Aside from the occasional fish, he ate only plants.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43126 on: September 12, 2014, 11:02:27 pm »

On screen, anyway.

Off screen, well. Aren't birds fairly rare in redwall? Reasons for that, I imagine.

Plant eating cat is more than a little biologically implausible, heh. Omnivores, they are not :P

... though weren't there quite a few cats in redwall, just... not party of the main storylines? I sorta' remember them as being kinda' like maneating pygmy tribes or somethin'.

And then the Kzinti showed up and man. Poor redwall land.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:04:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #43127 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:11 pm »

... though weren't there quite a few cats in redwall, just... not party of the main storylines? I sorta' remember them as being kinda' like maneating pygmy tribes or somethin'.
They had a fair number of mountain lion/cougars as leader of the vermin hordes, but not too many normal old cats.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43128 on: September 13, 2014, 06:25:32 am »

Fuck. The new college year hasn't even started yet and I'm already stressing the hell out about it, because it turns out that a bunch of completely useless humanistic courses that are only tangentially related to Biotech, which were made out to be entirely optional to us, turn out to be fucking MANDATORY. You can pick which one you need to go to, but otherwise you're screwed if you don't take enough of those in the three years of studies.

And, of course, since they were useless 'optional' courses, I know a grand total of one person out of 80 we started with who took those.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43129 on: September 13, 2014, 08:13:09 am »

They had a fair number of mountain lion/cougars as leader of the vermin hordes, but not too many normal old cats.
I imagine it's because in a post-apocalyptic world in which the various species of vermin, predators, &c. were uplifted, most of the housecats would have gone through a sort of regressive evolution to turn them from pint-sized murdermachines into full-sized murdermachines again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43130 on: September 13, 2014, 10:06:47 am »

Plant eating cat is more than a little biologically implausible, heh. Omnivores, they are not :P
As a matter of fact, they're hypercarnivores! Although the domesticated ones aren't obligate ones, they are still obligate carnivores.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43131 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:13 am »

That pain in the foot turned into a blister on the side of my heel. Overnight it turned dark red. My mom suggested that it popped, but there was nothing on the inside of my sock that showed that it did. I really want to pop it.

And the lid coming off my creamer attracted a bunch of ants, so my stepdad threw my creamer away. Goddamn it. If anything interferes with my morning coffee, I become the harbinger of the apocalypse.

TOUCH NOT MY MORNING BREW OR I SHALL UNLEASH PESTILENCE, FAMINE, PLAGUE, AND WAR UPON THEE!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43132 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:13 am »

That pain in the foot turned into a blister on the side of my heel. Overnight it turned dark red. My mom suggested that it popped, but there was nothing on the inside of my sock that showed that it did. I really want to pop it.

And the lid coming off my creamer attracted a bunch of ants, so my stepdad threw my creamer away. Goddamn it. If anything interferes with my morning coffee, I become the harbinger of the apocalypse.

TOUCH NOT MY MORNING BREW OR I SHALL UNLEASH PESTILENCE, FAMINE, PLAGUE, AND WAR UPON THEE!

I feel you, my wife used the last of teh coffee, I'm home with the kids, my wife is at work with the car, and I have no coffee. My life is a miserable rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43133 on: September 13, 2014, 10:34:58 am »

So my bed is pretty old (about ten years I think) and is in a rather bad shape, the mattress too. It's gotten far too soft and this makes my back and neck hurt when I sleep (losing the pillow has somewhat improved the situation). So I said I could use a new one, or atleast getting this one somehow fixed up, but it's not a big rush anyways, I'm going back to uni in a month or so which means I'll be home once a month or so.

My dad gets this idea that I could get one of those couch/bed combo things so I can sit on it too. I consider it completely unneccessary and say that I don't need that, I need a good bed, nothing more, nothing less. He acknowledges that and I consider the matter closed.

Nope, after lunch a few days later the rest of the family is discussing that while I'm still eating. And they're talking about it like it's some room in the house that could use that and how nice it would be to have it, completely ignoring my protests that I don't need that shit nor do I want it.

So yeah, I might get a couch in this stupidly small room that will send the message that it's ok to come in here and sit and pester me about shit, furthermore if the couch has any sizeable armrests it's going to be too short for me, or if it doesn't turn out to be too short will be too long for the limited space I have here.

Fuck that shit, I've had enough bad stuff happen in the past couple of days to not need this bullshit decided for me with any input from me completely ignored.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43134 on: September 13, 2014, 12:37:59 pm »

My Action Replay Max crashed my PS2 again. This time, instead of corrupting a couple of things on my memory card, it completely obliterated everything on the memory card. My software mod, save games for games that I hadn't yet finished, my MGS3 Extreme save which I had almost completed, and many other things were among the casualties.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43135 on: September 13, 2014, 12:51:51 pm »

I really want to pop it.

If it's a blister from rubbing (not from burning or disease or whatnot), then sterilise a needle with FIRE and do so. Parallel to the skin, at the base, carefully. Repeat if it fills up again.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43136 on: September 13, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »

My Action Replay Max crashed my PS2 again. This time, instead of corrupting a couple of things on my memory card, it completely obliterated everything on the memory card. My software mod, save games for games that I hadn't yet finished, my MGS3 Extreme save which I had almost completed, and many other things were among the casualties.
* Tawarochir sneaks up on IronTomato, as though going for a stealth kill

* Tawarochir pats IronTomato on back

I know how you feel.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43137 on: September 13, 2014, 01:37:44 pm »

ACTION REPLAYING SCRUUUBBBBB

Just kidding.

Sucks, man.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43138 on: September 13, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

RIP brave databytes of vidya.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43139 on: September 13, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »

Retail makes me rage, which is news to no one. I was just told that no matter how sick I am, I still have to come into work tomorrow, because no one else can do my job. Of course, if I don't show up, I'd be fired, because we're all expendable and eminently replaceable. Damn you, retail!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2874 2875 [2876] 2877 2878 ... 3345