Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689939 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #42990 on: September 10, 2014, 03:37:35 pm »

I used to want to be a lawyer to fight for fairness, but then I realized that you can't defeat the system with the system.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #42991 on: September 10, 2014, 03:53:49 pm »

Personal, smaller-scale raaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggeeeeeee warning.

On the bus the past two days, there was this fat kid in like eighth grade. (It's a k-12 school, see.) He usually rides the bus, but meh, whatever. I can put up with him.

But yesterday, I pulled out my DS and started playin' Mario for my own entertainment and the joy of the first grader sitting next to me. (For some reason, little kids go nuts over watching other people play video games, even if they're the kind of video game that's all action and no dialogue or anything. Probably the same reason badly-translated fantasy anime with almost no dialogue is popular with them, too, but I digress.) This guy sat across the aisle from me and just stared over my shoulder, and he was commenting on friggin' everything.

For example, if I died, he'd be all like "Aaaaugh, you lost it." I can stand that, but he kept doing it. Every time. He kept telling me stuff about the game that I already knew and should've been painfully obvious. For example, he told me of the second half the game after the final boss, but I already knew that and had been QUITE OBVIOUSLY PLAYING ONE OF THOSE LEVELS AT THAT VERY MOMENT. And, furthermore, if I had not known that, he just spoiled like half a game to me. He told me what power-ups, of which there are roughly eight, do. He reminded me of basic game mechanics every time they became relevant.

This guy was, all in all, a damn creeper. He just spends the entire bus ride, when he can, staring over my shoulder at whatever game I'm playing.

Thankfully, he gets off at the first stop.

You may return to your regularly scheduled rage.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42992 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »

Truean was my first guess, but I know she's elusive. It'd be handy if there were a Canadian Truean at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:24:30 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42993 on: September 10, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

I used to want to be a lawyer to fight for fairness, but then I realized that you can't defeat the system with the system.
Sure you can - just look at the social democrats in Europe! And it's much more effective than molotov cocktails.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42994 on: September 10, 2014, 04:08:13 pm »

I finally got tired of my mother's constant nagging, and told her so. What resulted was was a massive screaming fight in which she threatened (at different times) to call the police and send me off to some boarding school. (currently a freshman). So now I've locked myself in my room to avoid her, and I'm not coming out unless I have to. I'm not stupid.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42995 on: September 10, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

* Worldmaster27 hugs

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42996 on: September 10, 2014, 04:10:41 pm »

* Tawarochir casts Hug
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42997 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:23 pm »

Thanks guys. It partially was my fault though, but not like I can rewind time, can I. So if you all will excuse me, I'm going to go watch Attack on Titan.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42998 on: September 10, 2014, 04:18:05 pm »

Deleted double post.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42999 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:09 pm »

I finally got tired of my mother's constant nagging, and told her so. What resulted was was a massive screaming fight in which she threatened (at different times) to call the police and send me off to some boarding school. (currently a freshman). So now I've locked myself in my room to avoid her, and I'm not coming out unless I have to. I'm not stupid.
I recommend that you actually do go out before you have to, that way it's a choice rather than being starved out or whatever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43000 on: September 10, 2014, 04:25:51 pm »

Reading the Canadian Privacy Act. There's no mention of foreign corporations here.
According to sections 8 and 26, your requests for information will be denied if the information is not directly about you.
There are exceptions listed in section 8, but I don't think they cover this kind of problem. I'll read a bit further and find out.

Edit: You might be able to shoehorn something in with section 8(2)(m)(ii), which states that information can be disclosed if "disclosure would clearly benefit the individual to whom the information relates."

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. I am not trained in any form of law, Canadian or otherwise. This is my personal interpretation of the documents concerned. I am not liable for any actions taken as a result of the interpretation presented.
This disclaimer applies to any and all statements I have made or will make in the future regarding the documents concerned, unless otherwise specified.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:35:46 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43001 on: September 10, 2014, 04:30:12 pm »

[SMOLDERING CRATER]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:25:41 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43002 on: September 10, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

The denial covers the person concerned, not the applicant (except in a couple of cases, like an MP or police investigation).
If the person concerned is not a Canadian resident/citizen/whatever, though, the act shouldn't protect them. I think.

Edit: Or not. The Act doesn't make any mention of the "individuals concerned" necessarily being a Canadian citizen/resident/whatever, only that personal information concerning that individual is protected by Canadian law.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:41:48 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43003 on: September 10, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »

I'm doing DD since it's kinda what I do, and the Privacy act does *not* cover incorporated entities in any way, form or fashion. Being cited to deny my information request and not being able to stipulate how, as well. The Canadian government might be so obtuse they don't know how to apply their own laws, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt being a Health department and not a legal department.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:23:57 am by Mictlantecuhtli »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43004 on: September 10, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »

I recommend that you actually do go out before you have to, that way it's a choice rather than being starved out or whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 3345