Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689345 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Requiescat In Pace Spider Edition
« Reply #42975 on: September 10, 2014, 11:26:53 am »

Yeah. Animated/comic-drawn people tend to look more same-y than real people. Because, y'know, they don't have the time to draw every single character with the vast level of facial detail that real people have, so they use a set of standard features and expressions, shuffle them as appropriate, and add identifying features that don't take hours to draw/animate every single time the character appears. You can apply the same 'bald and naked' logic to Western comics just as easily.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Requiescat In Pace Spider Edition
« Reply #42976 on: September 10, 2014, 11:28:31 am »

Yeah, and the problem comes in when you can't tell the main characters from a random guy on the street.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42977 on: September 10, 2014, 11:33:32 am »

Yeah, and the problem comes in when you can't tell the main characters from a random guy on the street.
Now you know why Anime protagonists have outrageously flamboyant hair and eye colours. It's a method of distinguishment from background bob.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42978 on: September 10, 2014, 12:41:23 pm »

Balltits, looks like the power's out. Welp, see ya sometime, B12.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42979 on: September 10, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »

My new ISP has an extremely over-agressive torrent blocker that blocks all non-http ports at the first sign of any traffic that even smells vaguely like torrent traffic.

Needless to say, there's tons of false positives, and I can't actually use the connection for things I actually need decent internet for.
That sounds less like a torrent blocker and more like a 'Block everything we don't recognize' sort of terribleness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42980 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

But... it's basically impossible to tell main characters from random people on the street with live action. Because they are random people from the street. In fancy clothes, at the best, but take that away and you've just got a whoever. The old "when everything is unique, nothing is" thing.

At least with animated et al. stuff they occasionally have the decency to make unimportant people literally faceless or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42981 on: September 10, 2014, 01:35:46 pm »

But... it's basically impossible to tell main characters from random people on the street with live action. Because they are random people from the street. In fancy clothes, at the best, but take that away and you've just got a whoever. The old "when everything is unique, nothing is" thing.

At least with animated et al. stuff they occasionally have the decency to make unimportant people literally faceless or whatev'.
That metaphor doesn't apply. In film, the director can get a cast of actors who all look quite different and suited to their roles. So you get extras who don't have attention-drawing faces, stars who are pretty, etc. To me, making unimportant people literally faceless seems like a bit of a cop-out, in the same way that having a blank background is.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42982 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:47 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #42985 on: September 10, 2014, 03:13:21 pm »

Spoiler: DEAR CANADIANS (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Now in Techniu Coloru Edition
« Reply #42986 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »

I don't know about legal-shit, but I do know that most of our legal people aren't the smartest. I dunno.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42987 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:22 pm »

Its not that you're american. Its as obtuse for us as it is for you. Only way to get most things done is to show up in person. Dont know much about the act though sorry.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42988 on: September 10, 2014, 03:30:29 pm »

Grrr... the Royal Marines are out training in the mountains near where I live it seems. There are loads of heavy Choppers flaying back and forth picking up or dropping off, and they are fucking loud. Might not get much sleep tonight. :/
This is a blank sig.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42989 on: September 10, 2014, 03:32:14 pm »

The only Bay12er I can think of with legal experience would be Truean, but I don't think she likes doing that stuff online.

I can understand "legalese", generally speaking. Probably because I get practice by reading the terms and conditions before I agree to them. Still, I don't really feel like reading the entirety of the Canadian privacy act on a whim.
I can try to help if I know exactly what you want to know, but don't take anything I say as unequivocally true and accurate.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:37:00 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 3345