Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692813 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42435 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:33 am »

I agree to a degree. I'm tired of all this politics and debate getting in my hobby. I have a friend who's constantly trying to get me to participate in debate and discussion about video game politics, DLC rage, Console debate etc. and I just don't care. I want to play games, I don't have the free time or energy to waste on this tripe. I don't care if so-and-so have day one DLC, or if such and such a CEO slighted a group. I just want to play games...

Edit:
Oh, and ANOTHER rage, anti-immigrant post a "friend" shared on Facebook. Basically lists off a tonne of questionable countries (North Korea, Pakistan, etc.) and how harsh they are on illegal immigrants, and then how Canadians should wake up because we let them stay often and don't murder them and incarcerate them forever? They are literally saying "Canadian policy should be more like North Korea's"... I'm thinking it's time to retire from Facebook.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:20:45 am by timferius »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42436 on: September 02, 2014, 10:24:48 am »

I do not have facebook and am never planning on getting it.

And rage: who the heck decided that it would be a good idea to make us buy notebooks and then glue fifty-flipping-eight pages of notes into them? And because this isn't stupid enough, the notebooks will later be punched and filed. What the heck?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42437 on: September 02, 2014, 10:27:31 am »

I'm so sick of SJW in games and in games journalism. They pronounce all sorts of shit like "The end of the gamer" and what not, basically trying to assert that they're winning whatever cultural battle they think they're fighting. Meanwhile, their "no-violence 2d platform rhythm games featuring an all LGBT cast exploring their depressing childhoods" games they fawn over continue to not really make any money.

But what of the likes of EA and Bioware, so lauded for their 'inclusiveness' while the masses ignore that they produce shit games?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42438 on: September 02, 2014, 10:29:54 am »

Edit:
Oh, and ANOTHER rage, anti-immigrant post a "friend" shared on Facebook. Basically lists off a tonne of questionable countries (North Korea, Pakistan, etc.) and how harsh they are on illegal immigrants, and then how Canadians should wake up because we let them stay often and don't murder them and incarcerate them forever? They are literally saying "Canadian policy should be more like North Korea's"... I'm thinking it's time to retire from Facebook.
At least that's obviously stupid.
Britain First is pretty insidious in that it posts about genuine things that people will feel strongly about (animal/child abuse, military deaths and so on) to get liked and shared and what-have-youd on Facebook in order to promote themselves, which at its core is a group based around a mix of xenophobic paranoia and a sort of extreme cultural nationalism.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42439 on: September 02, 2014, 10:32:17 am »

I'm so sick of SJW in games and in games journalism. They pronounce all sorts of shit like "The end of the gamer" and what not, basically trying to assert that they're winning whatever cultural battle they think they're fighting. Meanwhile, their "no-violence 2d platform rhythm games featuring an all LGBT cast exploring their depressing childhoods" games they fawn over continue to not really make any money.

But what of the likes of EA and Bioware, so lauded for their 'inclusiveness' while the masses ignore that they produce shit games?

It's even less targeted at them these days, ya know? And just sort of fired at random from the SJW cannon.

We still have trashy everything in media. Trashy movies, books and TV series. Nothing is ever going to change that. I think Games Journalism just hasn't been here long enough to realize that. It's still young and idealistic and thinks that if they continue telling everyone how much we should care, we're going to.

Meanwhile, change happens as is evidenced by elsewhere in media. I'm not saying they shouldn't talk about these issues. But the belligerent, smug, self-aggrandizing way they crow how they're making a difference makes me want to slap them. It honestly seems less about the cause sometimes and more about believing they're on the right side. There are no fucking sides, or if there are sides, they're both wrong.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:03:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42440 on: September 02, 2014, 11:36:26 am »

I wouldn't worry about it. They're so absorbed in their social theory that they ignore the real world. It has a known pattern of coming crashing down when they get out of college and have to try to find a job with their Queer Feminism Studies Degree.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42441 on: September 02, 2014, 12:51:38 pm »

I wouldn't worry about it. They're so absorbed in their social theory that they ignore the real world. It has a known pattern of coming crashing down when they get out of college and have to try to find a job with their Queer Feminism Studies Degree.

Starbucks barista is always a popular choice!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42442 on: September 02, 2014, 01:13:50 pm »

Any examples? I bet the majority are made in RPG maker. Is it me or do RPGs seem extremely easy to make game construction kits for?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42443 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:46 pm »

nenjin, I'm really trying to like you, so please stop using SJW like a 14-year-old truther.  :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42444 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:39 pm »

nenjin, I'm really trying to like you, so please stop using SJW like a 14-year-old truther.  :(
Equating the SJW corruption exposure with 9/11 tinfoil, I'm sure that's not going flame anything at all

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42445 on: September 02, 2014, 01:23:53 pm »

Equating the SJW corruption exposure with 9/11 tinfoil, I'm sure that's not going flame anything at all
TEACH THE CONTROVERSY
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #42446 on: September 02, 2014, 01:24:22 pm »

SJW has been a particularly ban worthy topic of late....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42447 on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:17 pm »

Don't worry Willfor, at least you'll always have me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42448 on: September 02, 2014, 01:27:31 pm »

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY
Heh, I love this subreddit/youtube plugin thingie.

/r/Games thinks he should get off his high horse. So I guess it's not about bashing feminism.
/r/MattLees is rather disappointed. Okay?
/r/SRSGaming loves this man. Welp, not sure if I'll survive watching the video.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42449 on: September 02, 2014, 01:29:20 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 2828 2829 [2830] 2831 2832 ... 3345