Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692961 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42390 on: September 01, 2014, 04:13:00 pm »

My biggest problem with Redwall is that they're almost all extremely similar in terms of plot, or at least seemed so to me.
Yeah, there's a general formula.

Don't forget the obligatory stop at Salamandstrom, because BADGER LORDS.
I've read two Redwall books and neither of them even mention that place :P

The two were Redwall and Martin, by the way. There's some similarities but plenty of differences, at least enough that I can tell them apart fairly well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42391 on: September 01, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »

To be fair, badger lords are pretty much reason enough. Buggers were more or less tiny furry space marines.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42392 on: September 01, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »

I loved reading the Redwall books back in middle school. I wouldn't ever go as far as to say they're good books, but they're enjoyable nonetheless.
Brain McFrenchy or whatever his name was certainly had a fascination with delicious feasts, gory battles, and terrible riddles, at the very least. Pretty much key elements of his books.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42393 on: September 01, 2014, 06:00:15 pm »

I mean, they're pretty much the definition of books which adults will say are not really children-friendly, but which children adore reading.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42394 on: September 01, 2014, 06:02:41 pm »

I loved reading the Redwall books back in middle school. I wouldn't ever go as far as to say they're good books, but they're enjoyable nonetheless.
Brain McFrenchy or whatever his name was certainly had a fascination with delicious feasts, gory battles, and terrible riddles, at the very least. Pretty much key elements of his books.
I never knew the Redwall books. :'(

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42395 on: September 01, 2014, 06:08:32 pm »

I remember that there was an old Redwall cartoon, but that's the extent of my knowledge. That and all of the characters were small animals.

I have to get a hold of my dad but my younger sister has his phone right now and the number I have for the home phone is wrong. I don't have a way to get the number.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42396 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:18 pm »

I never knew the Redwall books. :'(
Well... look 'em up. Non-zero chance some of 'em are in your local library system.

Yes, Tiru, even yours. Redwall itself has been translated into twenty something languages, and some of the others have probably managed to spread around as well.

@BF: Phone book?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42397 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

My biggest problem with Redwall is that they're almost all extremely similar in terms of plot, or at least seemed so to me.
Yeah, there's a general formula.

Don't forget the obligatory stop at Salamandstrom, because BADGER LORDS.
I've read two Redwall books and neither of them even mention that place :P

The two were Redwall and Martin, by the way. There's some similarities but plenty of differences, at least enough that I can tell them apart fairly well.

I seem to recall it gets at least a mention in most books, is in the plot of some books and if it's a Martin or Martin-successor story, has to get mentioned at least once.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42398 on: September 01, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »

The only one we have is outdated, and Google isn't much of a help. My sister got him to call me though, so that problem's fixed.

On another note, my mom has written up a receipt that I have to get my friend to sign before I pay him for fixing my computer, because she doesn't trust any of my friends. I had to sign and re-sign it three times because she hates my writing, then she got mad at me when I told her it would be fine and she stormed off.

She screamed at me about how I have to change. She hates the look I always have on my face, and tells me that my face has to change. She seems to think I look angry all the time on purpose. She said a similar thing about my nervous tics.

I finally told her that I'm constantly nervous and scared of people. She told me that I'm supposed to be a man. She told me that I have no reason to be because I'm smart and other bullshit excuses like that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42399 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »

The only one we have is outdated, and Google isn't much of a help. My sister got him to call me though, so that problem's fixed.

On another note, my mom has written up a receipt that I have to get my friend to sign before I pay him for fixing my computer, because she doesn't trust any of my friends. I had to sign and re-sign it three times because she hates my writing, then she got mad at me when I told her it would be fine and she stormed off.

She screamed at me about how I have to change. She hates the look I always have on my face, and tells me that my face has to change. She seems to think I look angry all the time on purpose. She said a similar thing about my nervous tics.

I finally told her that I'm constantly nervous and scared of people. She told me that I'm supposed to be a man. She told me that I have no reason to be because I'm smart and other bullshit excuses like that.
It seems convoluted, that :s

On that note, try looking at yourself in a mirror and check if there is any fact to it. How you hold your expression or muscle control, maybe? Bushy eyebrows? :P
DOn't need to be scared or nervous. Really. Find someone out there > Trust em > Mutuality. \o/

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42400 on: September 01, 2014, 07:26:20 pm »

I doubt the issue is the BF takes issue with the fact his face might look as she describes, it's the fact that his mother insists that he change something that occurs entirely outside of his awareness. Face expression is just kind of the way it is, most of the time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #42401 on: September 01, 2014, 07:27:44 pm »

It seems convoluted, that :s
On that note, try looking at yourself in a mirror and check if there is any fact to it. How you hold your expression or muscle control, maybe? Bushy eyebrows? :P
DOn't need to be scared or nervous. Really. Find someone out there > Trust em > Mutuality. \o/
My friends tell me I look like I want to kill someone when I'm driving a car.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42402 on: September 01, 2014, 07:29:14 pm »

I don't exactly look happy, I know that. But she's putting it on me, saying that I'm doing it on purpose and aiming it towards her. It's just how my face looks. I can't fix that without surgery. And I can't smile convincingly anyways, so even if I tried faking a happy face all the time it probably wouldn't help.

I can't help being nervous. I'm even nervous around my friends and family. Especially my mom. She terrifies me. Plus I've never really been around people. I've always been in my room alone, so being alone is what I'm used to the most. Also the quiet. I'm not too used to noise.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42403 on: September 01, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »

I had one problem with The Lord of The Rings movie.

No Tom-fucking-Bombadil.

That motherfucker could've DANCED into Mordor. In fact...

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42404 on: September 01, 2014, 07:34:20 pm »

I doubt the issue is the BF takes issue with the fact his face might look as she describes, it's the fact that his mother insists that he change something that occurs entirely outside of his awareness. Face expression is just kind of the way it is, most of the time.
I know :P
Just saying if there's a point--check it with yourself.

Now, how it is interpreted is either universal or subjective. It's usually the latter, but there're subtleties with how people hold their...err, eyebrows, that may give the >:I face.

Still, if people knew you, those kinds of assumptions )grr assumptions( wouldn't matter.

I don't exactly look happy, I know that. But she's putting it on me, saying that I'm doing it on purpose and aiming it towards her. It's just how my face looks. I can't fix that without surgery. And I can't smile convincingly anyways, so even if I tried faking a happy face all the time it probably wouldn't help.

I can't help being nervous. I'm even nervous around my friends and family. Especially my mom. She terrifies me. Plus I've never really been around people. I've always been in my room alone, so being alone is what I'm used to the most. Also the quiet. I'm not too used to noise.
Emphasis on the orange part: Don't take it as anything towards yourself >_>
It's her perception, and [hopefully you've told her] its not your problem that way.

Also why nervous? :O Be around people you feel /less/ nervous with, at least.
Like, check on why you're nervous? Not everyone there is like your mom :x

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The modern times don't have him.
The previous movies, did.

Also those facts miss very crucial details on why the idea mentioned there...isn't. But I won't spoil it here. :P
Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 3345