Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2801 2802 [2803] 2804 2805 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688141 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I have no idea what the problem is, but that sounds bad, so I'm presenting you with great sympathy. I hope your computer decides to reconsider its new career as a heavy metal box.

It's not all that heavy. It was dusty though. I cleaned it, and it seemed to work for a bit afterwards, but not for very long.

All of the things I've found online were issues caused by overclocking. Likely my problem is that something overheated and failed.

A friend of mine offered to check out the heatsink, which was nice of him. But considering it won't even start properly now, I have my doubts about being able to repair it.

E: Fixed quote.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:56:57 pm by BlackFlyme »

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.

I have no idea what the problem is, but that sounds bad, so I'm presenting you with great sympathy. I hope your computer decides to reconsider its new career as a heavy metal box.
Or a paper weight.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

My reading says it can be anything from the Windows install, to a faulty core, to a dying/dead core, to some component on the mobo.

If it will at least POST, you can try re-installing Windows to see if that helps. Short of that, you have to test and/or replace each component until you find the one that's the problem. If it's the mobo, well, you're pretty much boned.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

I didn't get a windows disc or anything like that with my computer, so I can't re-install. Sometimes it starts up, but more often it just stalls before it really does anything, only going far enough to leave a big 'ACER' on the screen. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Where the only things making any noise are the fans.

I suppose I'll have to find a way to test the components.

New rage: misplaced dice. They are still at my dad's. I will not be able to get them in time for the game I'm going to tomorrow. Also the realization that if my HDD is borked, I will have lost a lot of irretrievable stuff, such as all my personal DF mods and a lot of art I've made.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:06:01 am by BlackFlyme »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I goddamned hate the people who think up this shit.

This. This is why I am allowed a single stretch of road to ride my bike on. This is why I cannot use a computer for an extended amount of time. This is why I cannot leave sight of my house for "walks in the forest" (read: wandering around an all too familiar spot with some trees).

If I could, I'd track down the perpetrators of every falsified myth on that page and kick them in the groin multiple times.

Same thing with the similarly-minded public service announcements  from around '10 with the little girl getting kidnapped when her mom looks away for half a second.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

I goddamned hate the people who think up this shit.

This. This is why I am allowed a single stretch of road to ride my bike on. This is why I cannot use a computer for an extended amount of time. This is why I cannot leave sight of my house for "walks in the forest" (read: wandering around an all too familiar spot with some trees).

If I could, I'd track down the perpetrators of every falsified myth on that page and kick them in the groin multiple times.

Same thing with the similarly-minded public service announcements  from around '10 with the little girl getting kidnapped when her mom looks away for half a second.
Indeed.
Although with the candy one im pretty sure it only happened once and it was a targeted premeditated murder attempt by somebody trying to kill there own children.
as for the car heat one thats true that happens all the god dam time. but annoyingly i was in the car once and my mother got all worried i would overheat im a grown adult and it wasent even fucking hot if it got to hot i would have gotten out
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:08:35 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im just amazed snoops has a whole section on Disney

these legal ones how do people even come up with these things

well this is just highly interesting

http://snopes.com/risque/aphrodisiacs/yawn.asp

jeez the september 11 terrorist attacks caused a lot of rumors i was expecting them all to be crazy the goverment did it wackos but theres a few interesting ones here mostly false of course but still

http://snopes.com/rumors/starbucks.asp

there products are douchy but this is being outright evil
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:35:51 am by tuypo1 »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

It's not all that heavy. It was dusty though. I cleaned it, and it seemed to work for a bit afterwards, but not for very long.

All of the things I've found online were issues caused by overclocking. Likely my problem is that something overheated and failed.

A friend of mine offered to check out the heatsink, which was nice of him. But considering it won't even start properly now, I have my doubts about being able to repair it.

E: Fixed quote.
As someone who's computer recently crapped out (admittedly, just the hard drive, so easily fixable) I pain your feel.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Ah snopes, the one website absolutely no one reads when forwarding stupid shit
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

fuck me why did i even think that a degree setup that would conclude with four separate mentors for my thesis would be a good idea

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Remind me again, why am I, as a South African, expected to, in a biology test, know where major American centers of population are?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remind me again, why am I, as a South African, expected to, in a biology test, know where major American centers of population are?
hell why would even americans be asked that

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

What's the context?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Thought I fixed my desktop. It was even running for a while too. Then it crashed again.

Doesn't even want to start up properly. When it does, it gives me a BSOD with the error "clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval."
Sounds like a BIOS issue. If you can, find an update. If you can't, try posting in the computer help thread.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

What's the context?

"What is unusual about this distribution [of heart disease deaths]?"

Correct answer: The highest density is in a rural area.

Apparently we're supposed to be able to answer questions like that with "general knowledge". I have insane general knowledge, at least when compared to my classmates, and I had no idea.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2801 2802 [2803] 2804 2805 ... 3345