Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688200 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Serious question here:

How do you guys deal with rage?

I have a lot of pent-up anger that tends to flare up at very little provocation, and it's becoming a real problem for me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I plan out long an convoluted means of revenge. I get distracted from being angry by trying to work out all the little details.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Serious question here:

I have a lot of pent-up anger that tends to flare up at very little provocation, and it's becoming a real problem for me.

Uh. Well I post here. I'd put it on my tumblr but my girlfriend reads that and I don't want all my anger going out over there.

This thread is a good post-and-forget-and-occasionally-have-people-feels-for-you so it's a good place to relieve some stress.

Plus a good TV show helps me as well.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

So far I've been fantasizing about punching in his smarmy face the next time he comes into our office.

It's been stopping me from being able to sleep.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Wait, we have a TV Tropes page?
I think there is one for Bay12. Not sure about the lower boards being included.

Some parts are outdated, though.  Needs to be an effort to get it updated to current times.

Name more annoying DF nobles after what is ticking me off, then killing those named dwarves off in elaborate ways.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I come up with inventive swear/slurs :v

Like... "Christ and three bags of dicks, seriously?"

... I said inventive, not *good*.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I just need time. There's sometimes that period of intense rage where I probably need to be alone. Punching something a few times just to expend that energy helps. Then I'll stew a while and be in a fairly bad mood. Then something will happen that will break my train of thought, either something totally distracting or something about how I've been feeling/what I might have said or done that will make me feel guilty about being quite so angry, or make me realize I'm somewhat culpable, and that will end it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I come up with inventive swear/slurs :v

Like... "Christ and three bags of dicks, seriously?"

... I said inventive, not *good*.
Those aren't very inventive you jackal arsed bagasse

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

What in the Pope's waxy bunghole are you cud-chewing dingleberries prattling about?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Holy Moses on toast.

I have been known to say that on occasion, and I'm no longer sure if I made it up or if there's an exterior source.

Fairly sure I just made it up, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I usually say "sod", or "bollocks", and in particularly stressful incidents, "sodding bollocks".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

My swears are limited to bollocks and bastard. And neither with anyone I don't know.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I use fuck, ass, and hell pretty regularly with friends. I feel like those three cover most sentences I'd want to swear in.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't swear that much unless I'm relaxed and/or with people I know. Then my vocabulary flushes right down the toilet. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

This thread went from dealing with rage to buying an island to crowdfunded death cults to TV Tropes to dealing with rage to what curses we use. In three (four?) pages.
I'm impressed that we made it so far off-topic that we made it back to on-topic.
Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 3345