Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2763 2764 [2765] 2766 2767 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688291 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Also, submarines require maintenance that I doubt any of us could do.

+1 for mountain/island, though. I can contribute... *checks wallet* sixty-tree cents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

I'd be up for like, Craftwork. That's the most relaxed job.

That, or like, soapmaker. I don't think many of us could actually dig out a fortress.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Fuck it, I'll dump my life savings into this if we can get it rolling. $10,000, that's my contribution, although be aware that I'll be eroding the fuck out of it over the next two years.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

I'd imagine we'd end up all killing each other, hilariously. And if we did this, LSP would have to come. I guarantee we'd all go mad in moments.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I call something like "mechanic" or "clothier", but have Toady draft me into the military for a little while so I can get a couple swordsman levels.

Speaking of anger and DF, the 72-creature siege killed off all my livestock. We're going to have to start butchering cats.

I hope they leave soon so I can go grab the prisoners so I can make them fight each other in the Lightningcave, a barbaric caged arena.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're going to have to start butchering cats.
I was going to OOC this, then I realized that, as it is, the butcher of cats can't be considered something out of context in Bay12.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Hm.

The only thing we'll lack is a band of primitive warriors to attack our base at intervals. Sure, we can release keas and things on the island, but we need sentient gore.

Maybe we could get a mad scientist to make us some enemies intelligent enough to be fun killing? Perhaps by mixing the DNA of humans with that of Toads. Then, like in Jurassic Park, they'd be able to breed even if there are only males, and we'd still be able to call 'em filthy greenskins.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Silly DwArfY, we only need to hit the cavern layer.

The mole men will make short work of us. Like they did with Thomas Jefferson.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

There's a 54 acre island in Canada for sale at $40k

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could give...maybe £2000.

More at a pinch.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Why does this make you angry? That it's going for a few hundred dollars an acre?
Really, if you told that to my parents they might buy it just to upstage the region's lake-cottage fanatics.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

?
I'm pretty sure it's to do with the conversation on a Bay Home, for lack of a better name.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why does this make you angry? That it's going for a few hundred dollars an acre?
We were talking about buying an island for Bay12. There was one in Greece that costed like 5.5 million dollars with the same dimensions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Also, submarines require maintenance that I doubt any of us could do.

+1 for mountain/island, though. I can contribute... *checks wallet* sixty-tree cents.
MH is a scientist, he'll do the maintenance :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Who wants to set up the Kickstarter?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 2763 2764 [2765] 2766 2767 ... 3345