Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2761 2762 [2763] 2764 2765 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688371 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of noise are you trying to cancel? Even specially made headphones have trouble blocking lower frequencies due to their low wavelengths and the physics of sound.
Television, conversation, and random city noise. I'm not currently at my home, so I haven't been able to fully test it, but it didn't really quiet voices or television.

I looked up the headphones online, and they got poor reviews.

Have you tried wax earplugs? They're sold for swimmers at drug stores and pharmacies.  100x more comfortable than regular ear plugs and work pretty well.  Bonus: Much lighter than headphones, so fewer headaches and easier to lie down in.

My current headphones aren't noise-canceling, but they are good passive noise blockers: Audio-Technica ATH-M30   I don't know the decibels you're dealing with, but these work pretty well when I just want something to make the world a bit quieter.

I hear you about noise being problematic. I've wound up practically nocturnal due to noisy living situations.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Wax ear plugs?

You taking a boat trip in harpy territory or something? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Dear Microsoft;

Do you think its fair to waste 20 BLOODY MINUTES of my time updating?  I do not.  When it is possible for me to spend 90 seconds in the head and miss your message about my automatic updates so that I am late for my activity because you neglected to properly inform me of your stupid updates, I get upset.  Now, being the paraniod bugger I am, I wonder if you didnt install something I didnt ever want.  I hate you sometimes; go die in a fire.

Fusco
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Tip: You can turn automatic updates off. Alternately just tell the firewall to block microsoft :P

... well, you can in Vista and earlier. Dunno about after that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Tip: You can turn automatic updates off. Alternately just tell the firewall to block microsoft :P

... well, you can in Vista and earlier. Dunno about after that.

Will do.  Now, to remember to actually run it occasionally . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I set it to inform me of updates but don't do jack-all unless I tell it to.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A cat peed on my chair and I sat on it  >:(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

Bet that cat's doing the thing your avatar does behind you, Nightscar. :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

My cats like to poop in my shoes. I need to check before I put them on lest I get poop all over my feet.

Anyway, every time I've gone to the barber this week, they've been closed. Now my hair is so long it's getting into my eyes and it's really annoying aaaauuuugggghhhh
If this keeps up, I'm going to have to go at it with some pruning shears.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:57:45 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cats are evil now.
Why not try tie your hair up? Mines long enough now so that I can.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Because it's not quite long enough to tie up without looking really silly. Also, I have no experience with tying up hair so it would probably look really silly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you are very silly

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tie it into a topknot. Make some samurai armour.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

just use hair clips. I did when I was growing my hair out in 2006-ish. I got a bit of shit for it but I didn't have hair in my eyes and WHO HAS A VIKING WARRIOR MANE NOW HUH?

speaking of hair i'm trying to teach myself how to do rope braids because rope braids are doubly as awesome as normal braids.

...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shit, I don't have the patience to do normal braids. :-\
I need to learn to do those one day. I've been meaning to.

Also, new rage: looks like Operation Sleep Pattern Rescue has suffered a setback: it's 2AM. I'll have to resume later today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2761 2762 [2763] 2764 2765 ... 3345