Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2760 2761 [2762] 2763 2764 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688330 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure Greatorder's RL name is Dick.

And his name is not a joke, be more sensitive to the needs of others!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

*Walks into rage thread*

*Sees erect greatorder*

*Walks out of the rage thread*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Mr. Dick Fapmaster...?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, $60 noise-cancelling headphones don't actually reduce noise by 87.5%.

Either that, or the remaining 12.5% is the noisy part.

This is extremely upsetting.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

What kind of noise are you trying to cancel? Even specially made headphones have trouble blocking lower frequencies due to their low wavelengths and the physics of sound.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

There goes a half hour's worth of typing, thanks to an internet outage and an accidental refresh.
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

OMFG NOOBS, QUIT HITTING THE FUCKING ATMOSPHERE AS SOON AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE! MORONS!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

OMFG NOOBS, QUIT HITTING THE FUCKING ATMOSPHERE AS SOON AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE! MORONS!
Aaaaaannndddd Robocraft I'm guessing, if I'm right, then he's talking about the fact that some people put enough helium blocks (they provide passive lift) and nothing else on their vehicles that they fly up to the top of the map, giving them a massive height advantage.

I think.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Meanwhile I drive around in my tank covered with railguns and shoot them down.
Huzzah!
 :P

Really though, it is kind of annoying.
Saving to actually make a mobile blimp, though.

That game is rage-worthy, though.
Especially when people decide that the guy with the slowest-firing weapon should totally be the shield.  ::)
Take a closer look at this text!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep massively over designing everything I make, most notably with this big four wheeler truck that I reinforced the wheels by covering them with electroplates.
Of course, I should have reinforced the pilot seat instead of the wheels but whatever, of course, those weird douches would be stopped from doing that if all weapons have range drop off.

Or you know, not have helium blocks because they don't add anything.
Alan help.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Aaaaaannndddd Robocraft I'm guessing, if I'm right, then he's talking about the fact that some people put enough helium blocks (they provide passive lift) and nothing else on their vehicles that they fly up to the top of the map, giving them a massive height advantage.

I think.

Sorry no, Warframe. There's this game mode where UNLIMITED GUIS come at you non-stop. You leave when you can't take the heat. The only thing that actually forces you to leave is the level losing atmosphere, or being a scrub ass noob. When the atmosphere hits zero, you're all basically fucked. The longer you stay, the faster it drains. So there are these atmosphere modules that drop on a semi random but regular basis, give you lots of atmosphere back. Little bits of atmosphere drop off of guys too, also randomly.

To add on to that, there's an event running where you need to kill lots of one certain variety of special leader mobs that spawn in ever more frequent amounts the longer you play. You want to break 20 minutes, that's when they start piling on and you have the best chance of killing lots of them quickly.

Smart players hoard their atmosphere drops as much as they can. They rely on enemy drops as much as they can, and only hit atmosphere when it's really, really low. The randomization on the atmosphere basically means you will run out if you hit it every time it comes up. So you hoard as much as you can as a stockpile for the lean times when enemies thin out and atmosphere isn't dropping off them as much. That's how you go 45 minutes or an hour in Survival without breaking a sweat.

AND FUCKING NOOBS HIT THE FUCKING ATMOSPHERE AS SOON AS IT POPS, WHICH MEANS BY THE ODDS, AT 15 MINUTES, WE'RE FUCKED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CONSERVE SHIT, AND WE END THE LEVEL LIKE A BUNCH OF LIMP DICKS WITH NO EVENT PROGRESS BECAUSE WE SAW FUCK ALL OF THE MOBS WE'RE ALL THERE TO KILL. 5 GODDAMN GROUPS AND OVER AN HOUR OF MY TIME: FUCKING WASTED.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:20:15 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, it's just that hitting atmosphere + knowledge of Robocraft + never played war frame = thinking of 'floaters'
Alan help.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ARRGHH, video editing.  There's a reason I never got all that into it!

I love the Highlander TV show.  Unfortunately, the things I love about Highlander are not at all the things the director loved about Highlander. Like motorcycle racing, and really clumsy sophomore philosophy.  This finally irritated me enough that I'm ripping my DVDs so I can pull out the idiotic bits of my favorite episodes. 

Only I misplaced my key for my Adobe suite years and years (and a computer) ago.  So I'm stuck with these worthless install disks.  An hour of searching turns up an open source program that should work, and I finally manage to remove Irritating scene #1. 

Only the resulting video is low quality enough that even I notice it. So now I need to learn how to rip the stupid things better.  In fact, all of the things I deliberately decided to avoid when I got into fandom in the first place, because it was freaking impossible to learn.  So that when I invite my friends over to watch in celebration, it doesn't look terrible.

AARRGH THIS HAS TAKEN DAYS AND THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T STOPPED IS BECAUSE I WILL NOT LET TECHNOLOGY DEFEAT ME.  I CAN CONQUER THIS.

I logged in today just to post this rant.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What kind of noise are you trying to cancel? Even specially made headphones have trouble blocking lower frequencies due to their low wavelengths and the physics of sound.
Television, conversation, and random city noise. I'm not currently at my home, so I haven't been able to fully test it, but it didn't really quiet voices or television.

I looked up the headphones online, and they got poor reviews.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... yeah, it's probably going to have trouble with TV and voices, anyway. I've been using gun-range sound-blocker whatsits for a while, and even those have trouble with voices and whatnot. Plus, y'know, TV does a lot of shit with sound specifically to make it catch people's attention.

You have no idea how much I hate TV because of that. So much hate.

Or it could just be fairly low quality noise canceling wazdingers, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2760 2761 [2762] 2763 2764 ... 3345