Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 [2748] 2749 2750 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689309 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Rage Posers Edition
« Reply #41205 on: August 09, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

So I had time to waste and decided to start watching "God is not dead," on the basis that I remembered seeing a poster for it; each one seemed absolutely designed to build a platonic urge within me to slap Nietzsche all over the place like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God damn it movie, I had hope. I guess I'll just stick with my reckless infidel ways. This movie could learn a lot from the Book of Eli about how to do a religious film right; it says something about your film when a movie that has Kung-Fu action black Jesus fighting chainsaw fat man in a tunnel is more subtle, less preachy and respectful to its audience's brains with its message than your film about a college debate. Seriously though, go watch the Book of Eli. It's a much better film. And its soundtrack is sexy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41206 on: August 09, 2014, 05:50:04 pm »

Gotta love Kant XD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41207 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:11 pm »

Gotta love Kant XD

I'd say it's categorically imperative.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41208 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:37 pm »

Oddly enough, I actually enjoy the smell of cigarettes and other burning stuff.
Yeah, as per Alev, wood smoke and whatnot often isn't that bad. Still likes to bugger my lungs a fair bit, but at least the smell's pretty bearable. It's pretty specifically cigarettes, cigars, etc. Almost all of them smell worse than shit. Like. That's a literal statement -- I'd rather go through a sump than go through the smoking area of anywhere.

Though there's a few exceptions. I have ran into some cigars and pipe tobacco and whatnot that's not nearly as bad -- almost enjoyable, even, insofar as the smell itself goes. Still will knock me into a migraine induced catatonia if I'm in it for too long, but at least those ones don't smell that bad. There's just something about cigarette producers that apparently make them completely goddamn incapable of creating something that doesn't smell exponentially worse than ass.

Quote from: too lazy to turn javascript back on so as to quote properly
in all my experience with American teachers is this standard? Because it seems standard
If you're asking as to actual american teachers, then no, it's not standard. Least hasn't been in my experience, doubly or trebly so in relation to actual philosophy/related classes. Slightly worse in areas with heavy agenda bias in the population, but the flat fact is that spouting shit along heavy ideological lines is a very fast way to get your arse kicked out of the public school system in the parts of the states I've been in. You start getting complaints, your boss starts looking for a replacement.

It's actually been kinda' amusing, since this area is highly ideologically leaning in certain ways, and watching a professor get notably uncomfortable when one of the students starts yammering something about prayer is somewhat amusing/sympathy inducing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41209 on: August 09, 2014, 05:59:21 pm »

Is that the movie that spawned the meme where the college professor teaches something completely biased, and completely stomps his students to the ground, but then one brave student stands up, dismantles the professors argument with a single sentence, and then teaches the class him/herself?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41210 on: August 09, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

Seeing as how it's apparently a 2014 film, presumably not. Unless someone's been buggering around with time loops while no one was paying attention.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41211 on: August 09, 2014, 06:03:26 pm »

Is that the movie that spawned the meme where the college professor teaches something completely biased, and completely stomps his students to the ground, but then one brave student stands up, dismantles the professors argument with a single sentence, and then teaches the class him/herself?
No it's an old copypasta that predates this movie by 18 years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41212 on: August 09, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

AM I ON MY PLANE YET? NOPE! GOOD JOB BASED DELTA, BEST SUDDEN HOUR DELAY EVER.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41213 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

Gotta love Kant XD

I'd say it's categorically imperative.
Hm.

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law without contradiction."

That is why I love Kant.

Not viable, but still admirable.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41214 on: August 09, 2014, 08:22:39 pm »

Guh, somewhere between panic and rage: The Vinesauce forums apparently has SMF recently installed, and it apparently fucked up the password recovery system. Went to do it because I hadn't been on said forums in months, and I'd forgotten my password. Still haven't gotten the recovery email yet. >_<

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #41215 on: August 09, 2014, 08:27:51 pm »

They intentionally overbook and overload flights because it's cheaper to the airline than underbooking the flight. They have an anticipation of a certain number of cancellations and adjust the price of the vouchers they give you accordingly. It's optimization, not a "mistake."

This^

Its not stupidity. In this case it IS malice. Well mostly greed, but malice by proxy.

Oh, my rage today is in my new IRONKERBAL game I managed to kill Jeb on day one, flight one, because FAR.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41216 on: August 09, 2014, 08:31:22 pm »

Its not stupidity. In this case it IS malice. Well mostly greed, but malice by proxy.
Maybe it's negligent direct avarice, not malicious proxy greed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

How does that title sit with you MSH?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Now that I finally find myself at home, perfectly.

In other news, my collusion with other screwed-over passengers suggests that gate agent bitch intentionally did not call us in order to pawn off our seats to a group of captains and their relatives, who were suspiciously nearby and boarded the plane.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I think MSH should be glad he didn't board Kerbal Airlines.

Our program has now officially declared the experimental basic jet engine testbed craft to be "cursed" after losing 3 separate iterations of the vehicle, and Bill Kerman to the monstrosity.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 2746 2747 [2748] 2749 2750 ... 3345