Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690068 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Rage Posers Edition
« Reply #41190 on: August 09, 2014, 02:12:14 pm »

how the everloving fuck did i misfire threads this wildly

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41191 on: August 09, 2014, 02:41:21 pm »

how the everloving fuck did i misfire threads this wildly
The world may never know.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41192 on: August 09, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

Currently trying to recover from some very extreme rage caused by Delta Airlines. I arrived at my gate plenty on time. I waited patiently for my zone to be called. And nothing. Then, I go to ask about it twice, and the boarding manager leaves both times. Then, no final boarding is called, and she closes out, stranding most of my zone since they won't open the door again.

I am stuck in this fucking airport for an extra four hours, and won't get home until well after it's dark, because of that bitch's incompetence. An entire day of my increasingly vanishing time is ruined and void now. Hopefully the airport food will be good, because it is all I've got now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41193 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »

Currently trying to recover from some very extreme rage caused by Delta Airlines. I arrived at my gate plenty on time. I waited patiently for my zone to be called. And nothing. Then, I go to ask about it twice, and the boarding manager leaves both times. Then, no final boarding is called, and she closes out, stranding most of my zone since they won't open the door again.

I am stuck in this fucking airport for an extra four hours, and won't get home until well after it's dark, because of that bitch's incompetence. An entire day of my increasingly vanishing time is ruined and void now. Hopefully the airport food will be good, because it is all I've got now.
So basically usual airline service?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41194 on: August 09, 2014, 03:00:55 pm »

That's not usual at all. In fact, most of the time it's pretty good. But this time. This time. It's not even the wait. It was her staggering incompetence and subsequent denial of all wrongdoing, even when confronted by the group of people she stranded. I can forgive a fuckup who is remorseful, but not one who is revisionist.

Still, I feel a bit better now that I've had a chance to get a rare hamburger.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41195 on: August 09, 2014, 03:03:47 pm »

So basically usual airline service?
No, that would involve the manager actually doing anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41196 on: August 09, 2014, 03:43:37 pm »

Wow, you guys have good service usually? Usually I get crappy service.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41197 on: August 09, 2014, 04:18:53 pm »

That's not usual at all. In fact, most of the time it's pretty good. But this time. This time. It's not even the wait. It was her staggering incompetence and subsequent denial of all wrongdoing, even when confronted by the group of people she stranded. I can forgive a fuckup who is remorseful, but not one who is revisionist.

Still, I feel a bit better now that I've had a chance to get a rare hamburger.
I hope it's in the house.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41198 on: August 09, 2014, 04:27:23 pm »

I experience a lot of crappy service since I fly a minimum of 4 times a year.....but that takes the cake. I've never seen the gate agent shut the door in the faces of people holding valid tickets for that flight. That's epic levels of stupid.

Maybe Delta overbooked the flight (common occurrence) and they thought it was better to say nothing at all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41199 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »

That is something I have often wondered.  How the hell do you overbook a flight?  I could understand if maybe you did it all by hand and had to have runners to deliver passenger list or something, but everything is computerized.  if (passengers>=capacity) return "Passenger List Full".  How the hell do you mess that up? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41200 on: August 09, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »

Well. Learn from the mistake, and don't do that again. At the very least, make sure they're not smoking in your room. Not that it helps entirely, since the stench basically clings to the poor buggers. But it helps a little.

But what you do now is suffer through the stench for however long it takes to dissipate. Try LSP's suggestion, haven't given that a shot before. Hopefully it clears up for you faster than it usually does for me. Massively fucking sucks to have that goddamn stench in your nostrils for like a week or two after exposure. Why that shit sticks around for so long, I don't know, but if I find out who's responsible for it I'll be incredibly tempted to go maim them. If it's intentional on the part of the producers the fuckers need to be fined and then shot, and that part of the process made illegal.

Yeah, they were only smoking outside.
But they sometimes left the door open, and...... yeah.

My mom is currently sterilizing my room, because she doesn't like the smell either and thus she sympathizes with me. I should recommend vinegar to her.
Oddly enough, I actually enjoy the smell of cigarettes and other burning stuff.
I like fyar, but not cigarette smoke.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41201 on: August 09, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »

I hope it's in the house.
I'm not really planning on blackmailing Outback Steakhouse for something Delta did. (My server actually ended up with a 50% tip. He didn't do anything particularly exceptional, but I felt so much better after eating that I decided to roll with it.)
I experience a lot of crappy service since I fly a minimum of 4 times a year.....but that takes the cake. I've never seen the gate agent shut the door in the faces of people holding valid tickets for that flight. That's epic levels of stupid.

Maybe Delta overbooked the flight (common occurrence) and they thought it was better to say nothing at all.
Sadly, I was too incensed to think of telling the rep "I demand satisfaction!" as all this happened. I was also considering requesting "Rage Snakes On A Plane" as a thread title, but not being on a plane is my whole problem, so that doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:46:31 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41202 on: August 09, 2014, 04:56:10 pm »

Sadly, I was too incensed to think of telling the rep "I demand satisfaction!" as all this happened. I was also considering requesting "Rage Snakes On A Plane" as a thread title, but not being on a plane is my whole problem, so that doesn't work.
Rage Snakes Not On A Plane?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41203 on: August 09, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »

That is something I have often wondered.  How the hell do you overbook a flight?  I could understand if maybe you did it all by hand and had to have runners to deliver passenger list or something, but everything is computerized.  if (passengers>=capacity) return "Passenger List Full".  How the hell do you mess that up?
I think having it all done by computers may be the problem. If you run out of physical tickets, that's the end of it, but anything could go wrong with a computer and the only way you'd ever know is if the results aren't what they should be. That could take any arbitrary amount of time to detect. Fixing the problem is a whole 'nother can of worms. It's about trying to fix a system which you can't see, using a system you can't see, and often times they are one in the same.

They might as well be fucking magic, because they are fast approaching unmaintainability.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41204 on: August 09, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

They intentionally overbook and overload flights because it's cheaper to the airline than underbooking the flight. They have an anticipation of a certain number of cancellations and adjust the price of the vouchers they give you accordingly. It's optimization, not a "mistake."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2745 2746 [2747] 2748 2749 ... 3345