Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 [2716] 2717 2718 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704679 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40725 on: August 02, 2014, 11:56:36 am »

:'(

I hate it when people treat animals like that, especially cats. I fully encourage your friends to take her.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40726 on: August 02, 2014, 12:56:54 pm »

Even if the owners won't willingly part with her (why they wouldn't, as they seem to have no interest in its welfare, I've no idea), you could still probably get it into a shelter at least, if not returned to you - what they've let happen to it is cruel.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40727 on: August 02, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »

We're going to see about it. Apparently their landlord doesn't really want them to have the cat. They don't seem to care to much for it either. Obviously...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40728 on: August 02, 2014, 03:04:23 pm »

How to feel exhausted in 8 easy steps:

1. Go shopping with your mom to the "center" of your village (it's not even a town, much less a city), which is about 6 minutes worth of walking downhill.
2. Enter the shop and wait for your mom to buy her things while listening to music.
3. Be interrupted by your mom by her saying that she forgot her wallet.
4. Run back home uphill, ~35 degrees Celsius.
5. Grab the wallet from the fridge (it was on top of it, not IN it, silly).
6. Run back to the shop, still 35 degrees.
7. Deliver the wallet (and the keys for that matter).
8. You still have to go to another shop and then back home.

(inb4 some people had to go home/shopping uphill both ways)

I accidently posted this in the Happy thread. Because clearly THAT would make me happy of all things.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40729 on: August 02, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »

How the hell can you justify not telling me what the hell I did wrong, yet punishing me anyway?
Bureaucrats. They did it, and now all they need to do is find a way to make it seem like they did nothing wrong.

We're going to see about it. Apparently their landlord doesn't really want them to have the cat. They don't seem to care to much for it either. Obviously...
You take that kitty and give it a good home and love and care and play with it and stop reading this shit and go save that cat!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40730 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:02 pm »

I have no idea why my mom and grandma have to describe every single excruciating detail about every injury and surgery and dying relative in the family to me.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40731 on: August 02, 2014, 04:51:35 pm »

I have no idea why my mom and grandma have to describe every single excruciating detail about every injury and surgery and dying relative in the family to me.
Speaking of this, how does breaking a bone feel? I've never done it.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40732 on: August 02, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

I would rescue the cat, but I'm living in someone else's house, I have no car, and I don't know where they live. :(

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40733 on: August 02, 2014, 04:58:28 pm »

What version are you trying to server by the way, scrdest? I've never heard of this eula crash file, but I wouldn't be surprised if its a snapshot or something.

1.7.10, absolutely standard.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40734 on: August 02, 2014, 04:59:29 pm »

Breaking a bone feels like being punched, but multiplied by 1000.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40735 on: August 02, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »

Breaking a bone feels like being punched, but multiplied by 1000.
Like punched in the face? Or elsewhere.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40736 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:20 pm »

As far as I know most situations in which you break bones involve a fair bit of adrenaline, so you don't feel anything for the first few minutes, and then horrible agony creeps up slowly.
Without the adrenaline, it's there immediately, I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40737 on: August 02, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

That matches my memory of breaking my arm when I was a kid. It took a little while for me to start freaking out.

And trust me, descriptions of broken bones are the least of my worries. More like big gross infections (complete with descriptions of how the doctors drained it!) and the slow degradation of my older family members with cancer.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40738 on: August 02, 2014, 06:09:13 pm »

As far as I know most situations in which you break bones involve a fair bit of adrenaline, so you don't feel anything for the first few minutes, and then horrible agony creeps up slowly.
Without the adrenaline, it's there immediately, I guess.
Yup. I was down and out as soon as I stopped swearing when I broke my hand.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40739 on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:56 pm »

I borked my elbow pretty bad when I was six years old, I don't really remember feeling any pain...
I picked myself up from where I'd fallen and obviously I knew something was wrong with my arm since I tucked it against my body. My single friend in the school expressed concern and tried to get me to straighten the arm out, but I (in a surprising display of sense for a derpy six-year-old) refused. Or maybe I did straighten it out a little, I dunno.

Anyway, I walked up to the teacher on 'playground duty' and asked if they had an x-ray machine in the office. I was six, remember.
She wasn't terribly interested at first, until she saw how I was holding my arm and realised there might actually be something wrong. Don't remember exactly what happened after that, but my mother was called, my arm was put in a sling and next thing I remember I was in my mother's car, watching the school recede into the distance as we went to the hospital.
Perhaps the reason I was so calm is because I was too shy to cause a scene in front of everyone, that seems rather likely for me.

I'm not sure why I wrote all that, really. But yeah- I don't remember feeling any pain the entire time, or crying or anything. I know I sure did plenty of that later on getting it fixed and what-not, and especially during my mother's last-ditch homemade physical therapy to get my fingers working again.
Before you say "Oh gods that's horrible," it actually worked. Somehow. Painful, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 [2716] 2717 2718 ... 3345