Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704154 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40680 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »

I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted. I've bounced from being stupid fucking busy, to utterly terrified, to totally enraged, and back and forth between all of these, the last two weeks of work. Not knowing where the line between personal responsibility and plausible deniability really lies. Having moments of heart stopping terror where I've convinced myself I'm responsible for the process breaking down, only to remember later that I did in fact do what I was supposed to.

In short, the last two weeks have been dildos. And it ain't even over. I have two weekend days of potential drama still to look forward to, and a reckoning on Monday.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40681 on: August 01, 2014, 05:41:58 pm »

Allow me to quote the last debug message of my game: "PlanetDisp Tick: Quarter_Done WTF FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

As far as I have ascertained, a sudden drop in FPS caused the speed of zooming to go so high, that the game began to think that it had somehow zoomed so close to the planet that the width of the displayed planet was negative. There is a particular piece of code to makes scrolling not go out of bounds, which it does by making sure that the scrollX value isn't 0, and fixes it by adding the width of the planet(which was negative). So it then caused a loop, where it checked whether scrollX was negative, and tried to fix it by adding a negative value to it, which naturally doesn't work. So it got stuck in this infinite loop.

And so I have determined that by screwing around with one piece of code, I broke something else through the goddamn FPS counter.

Fuck this, I'm going to bed.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40682 on: August 01, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »

What would a planet with negative width even look like?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40683 on: August 01, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »

Some sort of non-euclidean hole in space, perhaps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40684 on: August 01, 2014, 05:55:27 pm »

A klein bottle planet?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40685 on: August 01, 2014, 06:19:08 pm »

Well that was a fun 45 minutes I spent at home. Now back to the office for hour 10 of work! ><
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40686 on: August 01, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »

A klein bottle planet?

Um I would like to see that.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Brother's playing happy wheels. Not a problem. I don't like it, it's rather boring by now. He's talking to himself the entire time. 'Oh son you're dead blaaaaah.' stuff. I am annoyed to hell and back. I ask him to stop and of course it's not him in the wrong. It's me for telling him to stop when I do the same thing. I don't do it to the extent. Sure, when nobody's home and I have the house to myself, I'll do that because there's no one to annoy. But I'm sure that doesn't matter.

Because fuck actually solving problems when you can use easy excuses like 'People talk to themselves all the time [Iceblaster], why is it so bad when I do it.'

Urge to kill rising again.

If I am in the wrong, apologies. I just needed to vent before I end up punching someone in the nose.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #40688 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »

...If I help you kill your brother, Iceblaster, can you help me ambush my sister with Irremovable Duct Tape over her mouth at some point?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40689 on: August 01, 2014, 07:22:29 pm »

I just had to cance going to the movies with friends because a dizzy spell hit me like a brick wall. My friends and sister are blaming my soda addiction. While I can accept that I'm addicted to soda, I've been able to go for weeks without soda with no negative effects. I've done it recently, too! The last soda I had today was like half an hour before I got dizzy! That doesn't seem like enough time to be hit with withdrawal effects. Also, I'm just dizzy. There's nothing else, just a strange dizzy spell...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40690 on: August 01, 2014, 07:23:36 pm »

...If I help you kill your brother, Iceblaster, can you help me ambush my sister with Irremovable Duct Tape over her mouth at some point?

I would ask for the same help with my sister, but...

Dammit, Taw, why you try to steal my life?  :(
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40691 on: August 01, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »

Water went cold whilst I was having a shower. Why. I gave it plenty of time to heat up.
Also the whole 'whilst/while' conundrum never fails to piss me off. I need to lern 2 english beter because I'm never quite sure if I'm using the right one. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40692 on: August 01, 2014, 07:57:19 pm »

Are you trying to be pretentious? If no, don't use whilst. It's just the archaic form of while.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40693 on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:29 pm »

Bit rude. I say whilst all the time. It sounds better in my mouth.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40694 on: August 01, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »

I don't agree. I use it all the time, and hear it used all the time. It's an alternate version of while, both can be used.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2711 2712 [2713] 2714 2715 ... 3345