Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 [2712] 2713 2714 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704305 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40665 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:12 am »

I used to bite my nails, managed to stop that fairly easily though I transferred the habit to biting my lips. Much harder to stop since I can't sit on those.
Heh, I started chewing finger-skin. Trying to stop that now, it's rather ugly.

I have a bad habit of picking at (and sometimes biting) my foot-skin. My fingernails have seen some stuff, too. It seems to correlate with stress.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Ach, mah sweetbreads! Edition
« Reply #40666 on: August 01, 2014, 10:04:03 am »

... so you could say FJ jobs on 'is foot, then. Occasionally.

Is that a role reversal, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #40667 on: August 01, 2014, 10:11:05 am »

Coworker came in sick throughout the week and managed to spread illness to a bunch of others...like me.

DAMN IT!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40668 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:19 am »

I didn't realize viruses could get sick.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40669 on: August 01, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

Vet's orders: my dog cannot jump up or down for some time after the surgery. (So she can't jump onto the couch, go up and down stairs, etc.)

Try telling that to her.
Tell me about it. Last week one of our dogs hurt his back leg, and it hasn't quite gotten better. Even though he can walk just fine, he can't lift his leg to pee and still has a noticable change in his gait when he runs. He still insists on standing his forelegs on something to lick my stepdad's face.

I wonder, can we develop viruses that target other viruses?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40670 on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

Well, there's viruses that target other bacteria.

But I don't see how viruses could target other viruses since it needs a living cell to reproduce, and viruses don't have that (they do not have cells and they don't live either...)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #40671 on: August 01, 2014, 10:29:22 am »

Not that I know of, but there are viruses that target bacteria. We could possibly reprogram one of them to act as an extreme antibiotic.

And ninja'd by Dutch.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40672 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:08 am »

Not that I know of, but there are viruses that target bacteria. We could possibly reprogram one of them to act as an extreme antibiotic.

And ninja'd by Dutch.

Already a thing, though not considered safe outside of Russia & Georgia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40673 on: August 01, 2014, 01:41:03 pm »

not considered safe outside of Russia & Georgia.
Is there anything more worrying than this following any stated process?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40674 on: August 01, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »

Found safe by the FDA and no one else?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #40675 on: August 01, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

Either way, I'm not going anywhere near that thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40676 on: August 01, 2014, 03:46:12 pm »

My parents complained about me being at my screen all the time but after an entire week of me finding time to ask them about their day and striking conversations with them whenever they try to relax in their free time constantly, they stopped complaining.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Keep up the good work.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40677 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:18 pm »

Okay, the internet at home is down, the neighbors' internet is also down, and I believe I just destroyed this laptop's OS by attempting to install a video player that runs as root.

I'm not out of contingency plans yet, but I'm damn close, and pretty sure this town is cursed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40678 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:05 pm »

My parents complained about me being at my screen all the time but after an entire week of me finding time to ask them about their day and striking conversations with them whenever they try to relax in their free time constantly, they stopped complaining.
Huh o_O I do that whenever they did that before and didn't notice.
Didn't know it was laudable :P Grats, I guess? :D

*June~August months*
Obligatory rage at rain + :I = environmental damage as a consequence by people in charge >_>
"Oh we can pay the fines :D"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40679 on: August 01, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »

Wait, Tiruin is allowed to post a rage?

Huh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 [2712] 2713 2714 ... 3345