Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2705 2706 [2707] 2708 2709 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704319 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

NINTENDO WHY THE TRUCK DO YOU NEED MY PASSWORD TO INSTALL A SOFTWARE UPDATE.
DO YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECT ME TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL THE DIFFERENT PASSWORDS INVOLVED IN YOUR SHITHOUSE ONLINE SERVICES?!
>:(
Whatever you did, you missed something. I never get asked for a password to update my 3DS.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

LET'S ALL START ARGUEMENTS WITH OUR COWORKERS FOR NO FUCKING REASON!
IT'S GREAT FUN!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Trainer) You go to the start button>control Panel> personalize
Know it all trainee) No, it's so much easier to just right click their desktop and click personalize
Trainer) What I gave you is the method we are supposed to use with clients. Since it's slower and easier to understand.
Trainee) But it's so much easier to do it my way.

The trainee proceeds to 'correct' the trainer on little things throughout the rest of the day.  Mostly on matters of opinion.  This is an online course so everybody is Voip from home.  Our trainer is female.

The rage inducing bit is that during break he left his mic on (he forgot to mute his mic a lot during class and always needed to be remided) while the trainer and most of the class were away from break. I was in the room playing pokemon with the computer speakers on so I could hear the timer to return. 
I heard the trainee starting to talk to somebody else over his open mic.  He was talking about all the 'mistakes' our trainer made, how he's clearly the only one who knows what he's doing, and singling out how one of the students appears to be struggling, another female, but hardly the worst performer in the class.  And I heard the line "This is why women shouldn't be allowed to work on computers."  It was all pretty clear, so he must have been wearing his headset during the conversation.

I'm not sure what I should have done about it.  I almost reported it but decided to just ignore it.  The whole thing is recorded, so I'm still hoping it was caught by the company anyway and he won't be returning.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Bought and downloaded Rise of Nations: Extended Edition, because I used to have fun with this game. Fired up Cold War campaign. First round. I can either let Soviets walk all over South Korea or just barge in with the UN troops and help hold the line. So I do.

First attempt: I hold the line, despite not doing ANY research at all, and by the end of the 25-minute timer, I already pierce the Best Korean defensive line, so when I get the prompt whether to pull out and let Korea be divided or continue in hopes of taking the entire thing, I decide for the latter. Suddenly, Best Korea gets waaaaay too many troops for me to handle and I'm pushed back south and off the peninsula. Fail.

Every single attempt from then on wasn't even as successful as to let me get to the timer before I'm pulverized.

So, just half an hour ago, I fire up the thing once again. Trying to replicate my initial success, I neglect research and send some workers to build some infrastructure on-site, with quite a decent amount of success. Also, LA is now officially in Korea, who knew.

I do pretty well, but Seoul is being passed from one side to the other over and over again, and the clock is nearing the 25-minute mark after which I win if South holds all their initial cities or lose otherwise.

Making one last push to take the city, I succeed, got it recaptured, remember some infantry I randomly garrisoned in a city to the south, take it back... and literally SECONDS from the 25-minute mark it is lost again. Along with the scenario. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

And now I'm just going to straight up miss my brother's bachelor party.

FUCK YOU WORK FOR NOT HIRING ENOUGH PEOPLE TO FUCKING COVER OUR RESPONSIBILITIES WITHOUT FUCKING SOMEONE OVER.

FUCK YOU WORK FOR COMPLETELY IGNORING MY TIME OFF REQUEST.

FUCK YOU CLIENT WITH YOUR STUPID FUCKING IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE.

God fucking damnit, I'm so mad right now I could chew fucking nails and spit steel. FUCK.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:46:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

At least it isn't the wedding itself.

Right?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

At least it isn't the wedding itself.

Right?

If for some reason they try to stick me with work during my brother's wedding, I'll tell my CEO to go fuck himself personally.

And here's the best part, really. We've hired several complete fucking tools over the last couple months. Sales guys. Idea guys. Interns. Fucking clowns. But when it comes to the rest of the business of the company, we're continually short-staffed. Oh, but the newest product we launched gets allllllllll the fucking new hires it needs, because it's the CEO's baby. The business that fucking got him here? Meh. They'll "make due." And this is what making due looks like. 9-5 workers working weekends as well. Developers working through an entire day until 9am of the next, and then being called back in at noon.

But that's ok. Just keep squeezing the people that so far keep your business running. I'm sure that's not going to totally fucking blow up in your face at any point.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:25:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had to throw an entire bowl of cereal out ;-;
CURSE YOU, MILK MANUFACTURER! WHY IS IT THAT ONE OUT OF TWO OF YOU BOXES HAS TO CONTAIN FRIGGIN CHEESE INSTEAD OF MILK?
Wait wat. Why don't you just eat the cheese?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Had to throw an entire bowl of cereal out ;-;
CURSE YOU, MILK MANUFACTURER! WHY IS IT THAT ONE OUT OF TWO OF YOU BOXES HAS TO CONTAIN FRIGGIN CHEESE INSTEAD OF MILK?
What cereal is this that has milk in the box anyways?  :-\
Take a closer look at this text!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Cheese? What? How?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

That... is awful. Did you leave the milk in the sun? Sunlight will curdle milk and turn it into proto-cheese.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Free cheese :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Technically, it wasn't free as the milk presumably cost some money.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically, it wasn't free as the milk presumably cost some money.
Unless Cmega is a thief.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Why would we assume otherwise?
Pages: 1 ... 2705 2706 [2707] 2708 2709 ... 3345