Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 [2680] 2681 2682 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704160 times)

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile

On that note, these threads go off on multi-page tangents, so a few posts about pokemon that are actually with the theme of the thread aren't going to upset/offend anyone. So rage away! A rant isn't a good rant unless it's a long, insanely detailed rant.

:V

OK FINE, YOU ASKED FOR IT.

So anyway.
This all started because I was mad at a friend of mine who hated gen 5 for what I consider to be completely trivial reasons. (I know, it's stupid as hell, but bear with me.)
So I decided to do a no-grinding run of Pokemon Black (since said friend absolutely despises grinding in RPGs, to the point where he usually goes out of his way not to).
It started off well enough. Filled out my team early on, lost to Lenora, got my ass handed to me a few other times, accidentally turned off the console while I was playing on my 3DS.
Now, I've gotten close to the end of the game (Dragonspiral Tower, for those of you who are familiar with it), and I have come to the realization that the team which I so carefully cherry-picked way back at the start of the run...
doesn't have anything to counter Dark-types.
And there's lots of Dark-types in endgame. One of the Elite Four uses them, and both of the "final bosses" do.
I find this irritating because it's a no-grinding run (so I can't just overlevel and overpower or swap out one team member for another one).
Although, in retrospect, it's really my own fault that I got into this situation, since the whole thing just started as me being butthurt (and it gradually developed into "oh hey I actually kind of like this" but that's beside the point).
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's neither long winded nor derailed nor an essay nor s rage about you failing to nuzlocke

* LordSlowpoke splashes molly with salmon

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's neither long winded nor derailed nor an essay nor s rage about you failing to nuzlocke

* LordSlowpoke splashes molly with salmon
I don't Nuzlocke, but other than that you have all the points spot-on :P
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes

you fail to do the nuzlocke

the nuzlocke is what must be done by you

it is a thing that you can do and a thing that by you will be kharkov

the caspian sea is nice shame about the sandstorms you get tired of darude after a while

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had to look up what Nuzlocke meant.
It sounds reeeeally frustrating :(

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the concept is more than a little absurd :V

I like some aspects of it, but for the most part it just really turns me off.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think I'd play a game so much that I'd want to make up new rules to squeeze extra enjoyment out of it >.>
If I'm tired of playing the way it was intended, I'd probably just move on to a different game.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Slaps thread*

Snap out of it!
Pokemon will canker you from within!

Nooooooooooooooooooo
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think I'd play a game so much that I'd want to make up new rules to squeeze extra enjoyment out of it >.>
If I'm tired of playing the way it was intended, I'd probably just move on to a different game.
Basically, yeah. I sort of want to restart Pokemon Black again after I finish this run, but I'm not doing a no-grinding run again...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

*Slaps thread*

Snap out of it!

Nooooooooooooooooooo
Wow.

You slapped the thread into a whole new page.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I think the concept is more than a little absurd :V

I like some aspects of it, but for the most part it just really turns me off.
It's considerably more fun to watch, or read narratives based on, nuzlocke runs than to actually play them, insofar as I've been able to tell. They've produced some pretty compelling stories over the years.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have 50 posts per page. Ha! Logic.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Slaps thread*

Snap out of it!

Nooooooooooooooooooo
Wow.

You slapped the thread into a whole new page.
Basically, yeah. I sort of want to restart Pokemon Black again after I finish this run, but I'm not doing a no-grinding run again...
It didn't work.  :(
DOCTOR! WE NEED A HIGHER VOLTAGE!

This is one of the wierdest and most awesome things ever!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, in some types of games (sandbox games like KSP and Minecraft mostly) making arbitrary rules can add lots of fun, especially so if they make the game slightly harder (but not too much that it becomes almost unplayable, which is IMO what a nuzlocke does).

Actually yes, I would agree with you regarding sandboxes.
But yeah :V

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had a lot of fun doing single-type runs back in Pokémon Red. Beat the game with bugs-only back when there were barely enough bugs in existence to fill a team. I imagine it'd be a bit different now.

Haven't done it since because it requires you to restart your game and I'm one of those people who gets emotionally attached to their digital monsters. :P
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 [2680] 2681 2682 ... 3345