Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690910 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Floris mod tournaments in Mount and Blade Warband.

Just...nghh.

How they are meant to work:Everyone gets points for stuff like taking out other guys and being at the end of the round and stuff,after 6 rounds the points are added up and the best 3 fighters get money and prizes.

How they actually work:Luck,even with a highly leveled character everyone can swing a sword twice as fast as you and a glancing blow will take out twice the amount of your health,and everyone steals your kills so you can't get any points.

If you're having trouble, set them to 2 teams of 2. I can play with 4 teams of 8 because my character is leveled up insanely.

The trick is to use lances and horses. Couch all day.

I find using a two handed sword with enhanced weapon and armor to be the best for this.

My personal Floris wtfs pretty much amount to: WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO RETREAT FROM BATTLES??

No seriously, you run off to the edge, use retreat and then it STICKS YOU RIGHT BACK IN THE BATTLE GODDAMN IT IF I WANNA RETREAT I WANT TO FUCKING RETREAT, NOT HAVE A DO OVER WITH LESS DOODS.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Cool, you use the same tourney equipment I do.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

I don't seem to own any good videogames. >:(
I probably have a few decent ones in my Steam library, but I can't run any of them very well.
(This obviously doesn't include DF- I'm just not in the mood for playing something slow-paced at the moment.)
You could try Nidhogg, it's a nice addictive and fast paced game that actually still needs skill to play well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

When I played Floris I used Enhanced Two-Hander and Armour as well. I find the Two-Hander makes it easier to killsteal from other people (I find Lance/Horse way too slow). My main grief with Floris' Mod was the horrible naming of troops, but I guess that might've come from a botched install or something. And also all items having their colour in their name. Yes, I can see that is a Chainmail With Blue Tabard and a pair of Green Leather Gloves. I'm not blind. It doesn't have to say what colour they have in their name when I can see it on the item.
Love, scriver~

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Dang it, why do libraries have to close?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Sounds a bit like your mom plans to vicariously live through your successes, or that she's got some awfully high ideals about the quality of her parenting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Well, I've learned to buy other people things that occupy the intersection of what they want, AND what's good for them.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

When I played Floris I used Enhanced Two-Hander and Armour as well. I find the Two-Hander makes it easier to killsteal from other people (I find Lance/Horse way too slow). My main grief with Floris' Mod was the horrible naming of troops, but I guess that might've come from a botched install or something. And also all items having their colour in their name. Yes, I can see that is a Chainmail With Blue Tabard and a pair of Green Leather Gloves. I'm not blind. It doesn't have to say what colour they have in their name when I can see it on the item.

The trees are reworked from vanilla, but you have the option to use native troop trees when you start up. I'm playing Floris with an army of Huscarls and Sharpshooters.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Huscarls and Sharpshooters.
Best army

10/10

Would conquer with again. Although I think Rhodok Sergeants are a great replacement for when you need to go up against cavalry.
EDIT:
-snip-
If you have your own money, you should be sure to bring it the next time you go to that place so that you don't have to rely on your mom to purchase it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:58:15 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

An extremely frustrating day at work today.

Basically, my whole day was based around someone else's mistake. The contracters that were hired to tar and chip the parking lot at one of our parks fucked up hard and did it on a day that it was forecast for rain. They're not supposed to, because then the tar can run off and stuff. But they did, because they didn't want to wait as it was their last job. Guess what happened? The tar ran off all over the grass, over the path, down the gully and into the creek. It doesn't look good when a Conservation Authority's parks are covered in tar, so we had to drive out there in the morning and clean it up. Because we were using heavy equipment in a small parking lot and were working with the Ministry of the Environment, we naturally blocked both entrances off. Awesome. So here we are scraping tar that has cured onto a dirt path. A bad start to the day.

And then the asian families showed up.

There were three families at three separate times, in quick succession and that basically killed the day. When the first family showed up, I was closest to the road, working on tearing out the tar covered grass in the ditch so we could lay new sod. They pull up right next to me and say something along the lines of "we park here." I say "no, it's closed", and shake my head about 100 times, and they still don't get the point. Then they start pulling the kids out of the car and start casually walking past our pylons, signs and trucks that we have set up blocking the entrance. At this point, one of my coworkers who is about 6 foot 4 inches tall comes over carrying a pickaxe, and I think they got the message, because they buggered off pretty quickly.

The next family came about 15 minutes later. One of our trucks had pulled out to dump off some of the tar covered grass we had dug out. I'm now working by the entrance that is no longer blocked by a truck, just 3 pylons and a sign. Another asian family in a minivan comes up and runs over one of our pylons. I go up and tell them to leave, they get the message pretty quickly this time and bugger off. Not as bad as the previous family, but they set the stage for the next family.

The next family comes screaming into the parking lot at breakneck speeds shortly after the previous family left. They run over one of our 2 remaining pylons on that side, take the corner at speed, and nearly run me over. Now, before you try to excuse them, I was wearing a reflective vest over a white t-shirt on a sunny day, I had reflective stripes on my work pants, I was wearing a bright yellow hardhat and standing next to a bright yellow wheelbarrow. How much more fucking noticeable could I be, I was basically a pylon with legs. The father opens his door, nearly hitting me with it, brushes past me, pushes my wheelbarrow out of the way and motions for his kids to come with him. They all pile out of their car and walk right past me, completely ignoring me. I swear, if my foreman hadn't came over, I would've fucking brained them all with my shovel. They argued with him for a good 20 minutes, and during that time, a school bus came from some summer camp and ran over our last remaining pylon, because apparently there was a trip to that specific park that day. They pull up the side, and run over our neat piles of tar covered leaves, dirt and sticks, then the kids all run out and go into the park. Seeing the bus in there, I guess everyone and their mother assumed that the park was open for business, and they all pulled in. The rest of my day was spent trying to work around idiotic tourists to clean up tar in a busy parking lot.

All in all, a thoroughly rage inducing day. The only upside? I was working here:

Spoiler:  Large Image (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

-snip-
If you have your own money, you should be sure to bring it the next time you go to that place so that you don't have to rely on your mom to purchase it.
Ditto.

Speaking of mothers vicariously living through their children, I hope BlackFlyme's holding up well.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Tourists. Always a good way to ruin an otherwise far from perfect day.

Did you get it all cleaned up?

That picture is awesome though.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Yeah, we eventually got it all cleaned up I think. Hopefully we won't have to return there tomorrow.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

-snip-
Ditto.

Echoing the above.

Speaking of mothers vicariously living through their children, I hope BlackFlyme's holding up well.

And I'm fine, when my mother doesn't call. She expects me to call her as much as she calls her mother, which is at least four times a day.

Thanks for the concern though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Just don't pick up?

I have a rule that I will block my parent's numbers if they try calling me and it isn't an life threatening emergency, I have no obligation to respond to their texts either and will not respond as I have no interest in talking to them.
Pages: 1 ... 2650 2651 [2652] 2653 2654 ... 3345