Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2649 2650 [2651] 2652 2653 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691595 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

I'll end up spoiling the ending of the series before Martin has even finished writing it.
That's called watching the series :P
(He's given them instructions for the plot for when they overtake him)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

<if snippu == snippu && snippu do snippu>
you have no reason to be
Of course I have reason to be confused. I tried to sustain a conversation with LordSlowpoke for more than three posts. Hell, most mortal men would have descended into the depths of boundless insanity by now.

I'll end up spoiling the ending of the series before Martin has even finished writing it.
That's called watching the series :P
(He's given them instructions for the plot for when they overtake him)
I like how it's "when", not "if".

Well, more accurately, I don't, but I thought it worth mentioning.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:22:52 am by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

blazing glory

Floris mod tournaments in Mount and Blade Warband.

Just...nghh.

How they are meant to work:Everyone gets points for stuff like taking out other guys and being at the end of the round and stuff,after 6 rounds the points are added up and the best 3 fighters get money and prizes.

How they actually work:Luck,even with a highly leveled character everyone can swing a sword twice as fast as you and a glancing blow will[/i] take out twice the amount of your health,and everyone steals your kills so you can't get any points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Nah, this is Zoidburg: (\/)(;,,;)(\/)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Nah, this is Zoidburg: (\/)(;,,;)(\/)
I can hear the wob wob wob already.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't seem to own any good videogames. >:(
I probably have a few decent ones in my Steam library, but I can't run any of them very well.
(This obviously doesn't include DF- I'm just not in the mood for playing something slow-paced at the moment.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

If you want fast-paced, check out Realm of the Mad God.

Graphics are practically nil, though you might go slow with all the stuff flying around the screen.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28331598

So, you cannot criticise a company and have your review highly ranked on google if you live in France.
uuugh
What is with the sense of people being obliged to be nice to businesses all the time?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Especially since it's not like businesses have to be nice to people.

Speaking of which, is it so hard to just reply to an email and say "Sorry, the notice is too short, we can't fit you in"? It would make me somewhat less worried. I don't want seventeen companies expecting me to pitch up...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not too ragey here, but I did spend most of the day cleaning the remains of 12 years of grease from an old fryer, by flushing the drainage tube with hot water, and pouring the resulting mixture down a sink drain. It had the consistency of vomit, the color of diarrhea, and it smelled like barbecue sauce. I wonderful combination. Between that, cleaning the sink several times, and burning myself repeatedly, I'm surprised I'm not more pissed off. Probably because I'm pissed about having received a cake from my supervisor, and then leaving it at work because I almost missed the bus home. My supervisor didn't think the cake would keep for much longer, so she's probably gonna toss it into the trash before I come back next week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, if the restaurant was actually poor and nothing in that blog post was wrong, then I think that it shouldn't have been taken down.

On the other, damaging a livelihood is still damaging a livelihood, and I don't think that's a necessarily good thing. Even if the service was bad, if it's bad all the time then it'll go out of business eventually, but if it was only bad on the day the blogger came in, I think we can all agree that we don't want to be judged so harshly as to lose our livelihoods because of a single off day.

And on the OTHER other hand, if it or other blog posts that prominent are lies, then some way to counter that and get it taken down is good, in my view.

If there was some way for the blogger and restaurant owner to fix this on their own, I think they would have before getting the courts involved. I don't think France is as sue-happy as America is.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28331598

So, you cannot criticise a company and have your review highly ranked on google if you live in France.
My roommate says that this was a summary decision before the actual hearing, and will very likely be overturned. The blogger doesn't even have a lawyer, and this whole thing is a bit of an oddity even here in France.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

It's a stupid ruling. As the blogger points out, people are more than happy to get a review that increases their business. They crave that shit, they engineer those reviews, they'll do whatever they can to leverage the internet and social media to their advantage.

But as soon as the tables are turned? Oh, well, it's "irreparable damage" and "unfairly biased."

It's a BS double-standard for business who are obsessed with their social media presence. I have a friend here in town who eviscerated this shitty little restaurant on Yelp, and the prominence of his review eventually lead the owners to replace the management and the head chef.

Frankly, if you choose to put yourself out into the world, you do not get to pick and choose the kinds of opinions that get said about you. You can certainly challenge claims as being untruthful...but this isn't what this guy did. Then again, Europe and France has a very different take on the limits of personal liberty and privacy versus the US. A lot of times I'm envious of their legal perspective. Other times, it goes way, way over the top until it starts reading like some Conservative Republican satire of Liberal American politics.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

I honestly don't know what to think about businesses and social media. On one hand, the truth is inherently preferable to lies. On the other hand, I cannot in my right mind blame the businesses for trying to make themselves look as good as possible by whatever means necessary, because marketing is absolutely crucial for a business's success and therefore its continued existence and even if it weren't, rare is a person, however moral, who will not try to refute the statements of his inadequacy and portray them as baseless slander, especially when the debate is made public.

Currently, my opinion is that both sides - the reviewers who write unfavourable reviews and the businesses who try to prevent that - are justified in their actions and so must resolve their conflict with force, nonviolent though it is. Like we say around here "Nothing personal, but I gotta do what I gotta do."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Floris mod tournaments in Mount and Blade Warband.

Just...nghh.

How they are meant to work:Everyone gets points for stuff like taking out other guys and being at the end of the round and stuff,after 6 rounds the points are added up and the best 3 fighters get money and prizes.

How they actually work:Luck,even with a highly leveled character everyone can swing a sword twice as fast as you and a glancing blow will take out twice the amount of your health,and everyone steals your kills so you can't get any points.

If you're having trouble, set them to 2 teams of 2. I can play with 4 teams of 8 because my character is leveled up insanely.

The trick is to use lances and horses. Couch all day.
Pages: 1 ... 2649 2650 [2651] 2652 2653 ... 3345