Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702422 times)

blazing glory

Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Futurecock Edition
« Reply #39570 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:12 am »

nanovirus on mega brutal

that is all

Plague Inc:Evolved?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39571 on: July 13, 2014, 08:31:17 am »

Every time I gen a new world in DF, it won't give me goblins.

I'll get 4 civs of dwarves, 5 civs of humans, and 7 civs of bloody elves, and not a single damn goblin.

And then I get 9 necromancer towers on a pocket world, pushing them into the age of twilight.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39572 on: July 13, 2014, 08:35:49 am »

nanovirus on mega brutal

that is all

Plague Inc:Evolved?

do you even need to ask

i wonder how painful bioweapon will be

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39573 on: July 13, 2014, 08:37:34 am »

Doesn't age of twilight mean that humans are the majority race in the world and all the megabeasts are dead? I dunno if the necromancers count as humans, but they probably don't have a large enough population to matter.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39574 on: July 13, 2014, 08:45:31 am »

Age of Twilight is when there's no Megabeasts and less than half the world population is fantastic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39575 on: July 13, 2014, 09:38:22 am »

Age of Twilight is when there's no Megabeasts and less than half the world population is fantastic.
And the other half of the world is fabulous

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39576 on: July 13, 2014, 11:51:22 am »

I was making pizza mini-bagels for lunch. Two of them were stuck together, but came apart while putting them in the oven. Trying to catch it, I burned my hand. I didn't save the bagel, either.

Also, for some reason, my netbook decided to delete half the stuff on it and entered some kind of Safe Mode following an update.

And the other half of the world is fabulous
I thought the Age of Twilight was when a bunch of emo teens get involved with sparkly vampires.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39577 on: July 13, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Couldn't find my multitool with a bottle opener on it, so I tried to open a bottle of bourbon and cola with my nailclipper.
(It has a few different blades attached to it, but is primarily meant for the care of fingernails.)
It worked pretty well, despite being somewhat time-consuming, and probably would have been a perfectly okay method of opening a bottle- except I fucking dropped it when the lid came off. >:(
Stupid clumsy self. I'm not nearly drunk enough to excuse that sort of behaviour!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39578 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:05 pm »

Nevermind about that thing with the netbook. Holding the power button to shut off and then turning it back on fixed. Before it shut off, there was an advertisement for Norton's backup feature, despite Norton never having been installed on this machine(it had AVG pre-installed).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39579 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:52 pm »

Well in any case, age of twilight seems to mean "can't take two steps without zombies attacking you"
Even all the local governments are run by necromancers, even the forest retreats aren't safe anymore.
(needless to say I played it so much that now there's nothing I can do that doesn't somehow crash it, still need to get the bug fixed version that makes towers less of a problem)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39580 on: July 13, 2014, 12:55:08 pm »

Got the adventurer clone glitch on an adventurer who was getting pretty close to takeover of a town only by assassination and inviting people into her group.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39581 on: July 13, 2014, 01:05:33 pm »

Couldn't find my multitool with a bottle opener on it, so I tried to open a bottle of bourbon and cola with my nailclipper.
(It has a few different blades attached to it, but is primarily meant for the care of fingernails.)
It worked pretty well, despite being somewhat time-consuming, and probably would have been a perfectly okay method of opening a bottle- except I fucking dropped it when the lid came off. >:(
Stupid clumsy self. I'm not nearly drunk enough to excuse that sort of behaviour!
Use a cheap plastic lighter next time. Just push the underside of the lighter under the edge of the cap and push a little bit. Cap pops right off.

Note: I had that video muted, so I don't know if there's any horribad music or anything in it. Click at your own discretion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39582 on: July 13, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

Use a cheap plastic lighter next time. Just push the underside of the lighter under the edge of the cap and push a little bit. Cap pops right off.

Note: I had that video muted, so I don't know if there's any horribad music or anything in it. Click at your own discretion.
I was expecting him to use fire somehow :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #39583 on: July 13, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

Me too. I was thinking "So then you light it, and the metal lid heats up and the pleats separate, and then contract into an open position, and then you lift the lid off, right? Or something like that?" and then it was just a trick you could use with pretty much anything.

Also, there's just narration of what he's doing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39584 on: July 13, 2014, 01:34:37 pm »

So I started a new fortress, everything's going well - the miners are getting rooms hollowed out with a nearby storage area, and I had struck gold quite quickly so I was happy that I could be rich. While I'm down planning the workshop area and that stuff, I get a message:

Shem Uristgusil, Woodcutter cancels Fell Tree: Interrupted by Alligator.

Now, I think nothing of this and simply send my single militia guy to handle it, thinking that Mr. Urist will just run away. But no.

Shem Uristgusil, Woodcutter has bled to death.

The idiot fought the alligator. She bled to death via having her right foot torn off. And now I'm down a woodcutter and mason. >:(

[This isn't DF2014, I'm using the last version until it is mostly bug free.]

EDIT: Oh, and apparently the alligator got the name "Muzrobek" for killing her. ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:42:35 pm by Worldmaster27 »
Pages: 1 ... 2637 2638 [2639] 2640 2641 ... 3345