Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2615 2616 [2617] 2618 2619 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704166 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Futurecock Edition
« Reply #39240 on: July 07, 2014, 05:18:21 am »

Try destressing yourself (given that applying physical force via hands = nu); unfocus from whatever may be stressing you (more of a mental note//thought matter) and take a while to...analyze what's up with the random rage?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39241 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:32 am »

Advertisements aren't a bad thing, it's nice that they can keep stuff free for me.
But holy crap, when there are only 3 different ones, it gets incredibly annoying.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #39242 on: July 07, 2014, 07:38:05 am »

Back to BlackFlyme issues, I wholly support the Bay12 decision of "Dump the bitch out in the ocean and never return for her"

That WAS the decision wasn't it? :P

But yeah, seriously, grab your stuff, get out, and if she pops up at wherever you're living, don't bother arguing with her, just slam the door in her face and lock it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39243 on: July 07, 2014, 07:44:13 am »

Well, I don't think student housing would work out all that well. I'm probably still not at a point where I could take care of myself if I were out on my own.

Hell, I still need help doing laundry. Though hopefully I won't have to keep bugging others now that my step-mother helped by circling the proper settings on the machines with a marker.
Hey, all those settings are useful. They're just useful for very specific things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39244 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:24 am »

Back to BlackFlyme issues, I wholly support the Bay12 decision of "Dump the bitch out in the ocean and never return for her"

That WAS the decision wasn't it? :P

But yeah, seriously, grab your stuff, get out, and if she pops up at wherever you're living, don't bother arguing with her, just slam the door in her face and lock it.
If jokingly, the decision isn't a callous one.
:-\

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39245 on: July 07, 2014, 08:41:00 am »

Well, I don't think student housing would work out all that well. I'm probably still not at a point where I could take care of myself if I were out on my own.

Hell, I still need help doing laundry. Though hopefully I won't have to keep bugging others now that my step-mother helped by circling the proper settings on the machines with a marker.

I understand that breaking off and doing all of the things yourself can be a scary prospect, but again, a lot of people don't know how to take care of themselves properly before they move away from home. You learn how to do those things like laundry and cleaning and so forth by having to have to do them. It's okay to screw up when you first live on your own. Screwing up is just first-hand learning of what not to do.

And frankly, do you really think your mum will respond well to you trying to become more independent at home? She seems like somebody who really, really wants to convince you that you are codependent on her to be able to function. In reality, you don't. You're just as bright and able-bodied as anybody else, and you deserve a better life than what you're currently having. You move out, then you get the skill. When we humans suffer from people trying to put us down and rid us of our self worth, we often become unsure of ourselves, like we lack proper, firm ground to stand on. Often we become very insecure. When people are insecure, they become hesitant to find new ground - they feel as if they are ships not just without a goal but without a port to even set sail from - and they become placated by the comfort of daily rut. They feel like at least they know what they have, even if what they have sucks, and that is better than braving the unknown. But that is an illusion, a lie made up by your brain in order to be able to endure the abuse.

Go to your university and ask for housing. Go to your father and ask for room. You know in your heart that you cannot stay where you are know, and these are your best options to get out. Go for them.
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #39246 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:56 am »

Pff. I'm living on my own for over two years now and I still have trouble with the laundry :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39247 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:56 am »

Raise a middle finger (or both!) towards her and tell her to piss off and let you live your life.

You've made some progress, you've gotten out of her clutches to live with your Dad, now you just have to prevent her from harassing you any further. You can do it! If she persists with trying to "help" you, remind her how she was the reason you left in the first place, and that her unwanted meddling is the main problem/cause of problems in your life.
Pull out the big guns and guilt trip her until she leaves you alone.

The only reason I was even allowed to leave was because I was going to start working again. I doubt I would ever get rid of her, or get her to lay off. She's said before that she basically owns me, and that all my accomplishments and everything I own are actually hers. Somewhat true; at least when it comes to most of my school marks.

Just telling her to ease off on the insults managed to back-fire, and arguing with her is not something I think I could handle. Even disagreeing on minor things tends to make her blow up at me.

How the heck did she get away with doing your homework for you? I mean, theres her handwriting and your handwriting, unless of course it was done on the computer.

Your mom is nuts in the head for controlling you and all that, and not even teaching you properly.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39248 on: July 07, 2014, 10:13:30 am »

You said you were working? Do you have your own bank account?

If not, definitely look into getting one that she won't have access to. Ask your Dad for help if you need it (Possibly just framed as "I'm trying to become more independant") but make sure you're the only one with direct access to it. The last thing you need is her holding you hostage financially. Especially if you're not living with her, there's no reason you owe her any of your money. She'll likely claim otherwise, but she's wrong. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39249 on: July 07, 2014, 10:38:03 am »

There's a five-way intersection between home and the library. On the corner where I'm coming from, there's a sign the specifically says "NO TURN ON RED." The other day, someone does turn on red as I'm crossing, but that's not why I'm raging. Today, someone decides to go through the small parking lot(a single row of parking spaces) at the corner to avoid the red light altogether. I happen to be standing in that parking lot. The driver misses me by inches.

Goddamnit I hate the fact that people are so impatient in their cars. Just got to get to where I'm going as fast as I can, to hell with other people and to hell with traffic laws suggestions, and to hell with that guy on the bicycle because my vehicle is bigger than his and even if I hit him I'll just drive off because I don't care and as it turns out in New York driving away after hitting someone is a lesser offence than staying.

I'm also raging about the fact that after washing them at the laundromat yesterday, my clothes smell funny.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #39250 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:19 am »

it turns out in New York driving away after hitting someone is a lesser offence than staying.
What the hell? Seriously?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39251 on: July 07, 2014, 10:50:25 am »

it turns out in New York driving away after hitting someone is a lesser offence than staying.
What the hell? Seriously?

Apparently. I'm particularly familiar with a case where a non-evil relative of mine(who had a 1-year old daughter at the time) was killed when a guy, whose license had been suspended for four times already for DUI, and was suspended at the time of the hit, and was DUI as well, hit her and drove off. The judge sentenced him to one and a half years behind bars, saying that the driver was "deeply sorry about it". That didn't make the judge very popular, trust me. I remember some of the newspaper bits about it saying there her family was trying to get the law changed making hit-and-run a much more serious offense.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39252 on: July 07, 2014, 01:32:18 pm »

So, fiddling around with schedule for the fall semester. Of the courses I need to graduate, 11 are not offered this semester, and 3 are behind a wall of prerequisites. Only 1 is both available and something I qualify for. As a result, I'm taking simultaneously three courses meant to be sequential. Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan, nope!

I feel bad for only having 14 credits at the end of this, but realistically keeping up with the highest level of those prerequisite courses is going to be a nightmare worth a few extra credits of its own. Still, I kinda feel like I want to toss on a foreign language or something.

EDIT: For clarity, none of the three courses I'm taking at once are actually needed to graduate. All of the required courses happen to have the same prerequisite. I'm taking that class, it's prerequisite, and that's prerequisite (whose prerequisite I have actually functionally taken).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:34:35 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39253 on: July 07, 2014, 01:34:55 pm »

Fuck vim and it's fucking impenetrable naming scheme and shitty plugins that dont tell you how to stop using them AND GET BACK TO THE FUCKING EDITOR

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39254 on: July 07, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

Fuck vim and it's fucking impenetrable naming scheme and shitty plugins that dont tell you how to stop using them AND GET BACK TO THE FUCKING EDITOR

So you're saying with a command cheat page from google you still can't figure it out?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 2615 2616 [2617] 2618 2619 ... 3345