Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2613 2614 [2615] 2616 2617 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695324 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Futurecock Edition
« Reply #39210 on: July 06, 2014, 05:58:38 pm »

I decided to go back and finish Shadowrun Returns, only to find the (presumably) final mission is unbeatable due to a bug, a bug which happens every time I attempt it. I looked at the discussions on Steam, and this is a known bug, several people have had it and the most recent discussion about it was last year.
Somehow it still hasn't been patched. :o

Not buying anything from this developer again... and I had planned on buying the DLC, too. Oh well.
The one time I actually decide to finish a game in my collection, and of course it's impossible to do so. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39211 on: July 06, 2014, 06:01:10 pm »

I'm still being insulted by my mother, despite not having lived with her for about a month now.

I can't even smile without being interrogated as to why. Any attempts to explain why I'm smiling is met with hostility. "That's not why you're smiling. Tell me the real reason." I need a reason to smile? No matter what face I make, I get grilled about it.

This conversation happened when she came by earlier and gave me 'supplies'. Because apparently I'm unable to go to the store for myself and my family here can't provide for me. I really don't know what she has against my dad and his family, but I want it to stop. Judging by the fact that her attitude towards them hasn't changed in the past twenty years or so, I doubt it can change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39212 on: July 06, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

I can't even smile without being interrogated as to why. Any attempts to explain why I'm smiling is met with hostility. "That's not why you're smiling. Tell me the real reason." I need a reason to smile? No matter what face I make, I get grilled about it.
What if you don't answer and just keep smiling? Or just look her dead in the eyes and tell her: "I have the knowledge." Or "it's time." Think of all the opportunities!

Also yeah, these people don't change. Better to adapt.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39213 on: July 06, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »

I'm still being insulted by my mother, despite not having lived with her for about a month now.

This conversation happened when she came by earlier and gave me 'supplies'. Because apparently I'm unable to go to the store for myself and my family here can't provide for me. I really don't know what she has against my dad and his family, but I want it to stop. Judging by the fact that her attitude towards them hasn't changed in the past twenty years or so, I doubt it can change.
Raise a middle finger (or both!) towards her and tell her to piss off and let you live your life.

You've made some progress, you've gotten out of her clutches to live with your Dad, now you just have to prevent her from harassing you any further. You can do it! If she persists with trying to "help" you, remind her how she was the reason you left in the first place, and that her unwanted meddling is the main problem/cause of problems in your life.
Pull out the big guns and guilt trip her until she leaves you alone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #39214 on: July 06, 2014, 06:07:45 pm »

why do people not fact check bullshit posts before they spread them around on the internet

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #39215 on: July 06, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »

You have facts to support that supposition?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #39216 on: July 06, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »

it supports my ideology

that is the only fact that i need

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39217 on: July 06, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »

Raise a middle finger (or both!) towards her and tell her to piss off and let you live your life.

You've made some progress, you've gotten out of her clutches to live with your Dad, now you just have to prevent her from harassing you any further. You can do it! If she persists with trying to "help" you, remind her how she was the reason you left in the first place, and that her unwanted meddling is the main problem/cause of problems in your life.
Pull out the big guns and guilt trip her until she leaves you alone.

The only reason I was even allowed to leave was because I was going to start working again. I doubt I would ever get rid of her, or get her to lay off. She's said before that she basically owns me, and that all my accomplishments and everything I own are actually hers. Somewhat true; at least when it comes to most of my school marks.

Just telling her to ease off on the insults managed to back-fire, and arguing with her is not something I think I could handle. Even disagreeing on minor things tends to make her blow up at me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39218 on: July 06, 2014, 06:19:22 pm »

Your Dad doesn't do anything to prevent this? Have you spoken to him about the problem?
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39219 on: July 06, 2014, 06:25:36 pm »

Your Dad doesn't do anything to prevent this? Have you spoken to him about the problem?

No-one really knows about what goes on at my mom's. The time I got to spend with my dad's side quickly shortened as I got older. First it was almost split custody, then by highschool it was only one weekend a month.

My mom spent a lot of time trying to isolate me from everyone, including her own family. She also tried to turn me against my dad's family, telling me lies about them and trying to convince me that my sisters weren't related to me, and that I should insult them if they ever called me 'brother'.

All anyone knows is that my mom's a bit odd, but they don't want to deal with her. They tend to either ignore her shit or appease her. Though I'm sure if I told any of them what my mom does or what she says about them, they'd flip shit.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #39220 on: July 06, 2014, 06:31:39 pm »

OK first of all, are you a legal adult?  Second of all, do you need her economically, and are you likely to need her economically in the future?

Because if the first answer is yes, and the second answer is no, then you can give her all the middle fingers you want.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39221 on: July 06, 2014, 06:34:40 pm »

So...tell them. No reason you have to put up with bullshit like that. Oh, and protip: no one owns you. Walk away, fake phone number, fake address, fake Facebook account, and disconnect. She doesn't deserve your presence.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39222 on: July 06, 2014, 06:38:18 pm »

If she has tried to isolate you from everyone, she's probably also isolated herself. If you need money, her side of the family may help. No doubt your dad's side would.

She is controlling and stifling you. She wants to own you. You should cut her off as soon as possible, really: She's only dragging you down.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39223 on: July 06, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

I've mentioned some things, but they have a hard time believing it. Then again, most of it either sounds insane, neglectful, or both.

It would be difficult to get any help from any of her family, since the only one nearby is my nan, who she has regular contact with.

I can't just up and leave, unfortunately. She still has some of my stuff, and her place is close to college. She expects me back once the school year starts up again.

She's said before that I'm her retirement plan. She told me that I'm a genius who is destined to become a millionaire. I have my doubts, but a 'gypsy fortune teller' told her so before I was born, so it must be true. :-X She's big on fate and stuff like that.

I don't even know how smart I am or am not, since I wasn't even allowed to do my own homework. I'm completely serious when I say that college work is the first homework I have ever done myself since grade two. Most of my school marks are literally hers.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39224 on: July 06, 2014, 06:51:41 pm »

Yea...tell your family about it, and see if you can move in there. Get your stuff from your mum's house. If you don't want to completely burn bridges, then visit her every now and then. But make sure your dad's side of the family know you don't want to live with her any more. Really. Don't. Presumably you're old enough to say you don't want to live somewhere and be believed.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2613 2614 [2615] 2616 2617 ... 3345