Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694820 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

My gaming headphones also started to go shitty. But not by the headphones themselves, oh no. The weakness is at the audiojack to the motherboard. If you twist the neck of the connector in different directions, sound quality and volume from both headphones changes wildly.

Why is it so hard to make a pair of headphones that don't fucking suck?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I just buy the cheapest possible headphones.  With the way headphone prices vary WILDLY (from $11 to $300 in the same store!) and any headphones sounding at least as good as no headphones to me, its the best deal.  Sure they're crappy and thin and they can break, but the question is how many do I have to break before I've lost as much money as someone who went for the "high quality" headphones first and broke them once?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who has kept a pair of decent headphones in solid working condition through months of difficult travel and frequent packing/unpacking? ???

Seriously, I've had these for years and they still work perfectly. They were the ones I had in the truck with me when I was over-the-road.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope.
I spent somewhere around $40 on my headset, and it's still fully functional so far (knock on wood), despite heavy use and being carried around in a heavy laptop bag with a ton of other stuff piled in with it for years.

I bought it...somewhere around 2005 I guess? Wow.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

The thing about headphones is that the cables near the jack are quite thin and thus very fragile. Care should be taken not to bend that section when storing the object or when pulling it out.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I go through 2 headphones a year. They're annoyingly fragile, and it seems like they just randomly break whenever they feel like it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

It seems that headphone quality is wildly varying, and not related to price. You could get a 10 dollar pair that lasts you 10 years, or 200 dollar pair that dies within 6 months.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'm somewhere in the same boat as DeKaFu: roughly $40, been around since at least 2010. It's a Sony brand, if that means anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

My Beats Solo HDs still work well, even after they've been mangled by customers, my daughter, and occasionally me. And I didn't have to pay for them. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile

Okay neighbors, I know it's the fourth, and you want to celebrate by sending out (almost) professional grade fireworks all night.

Guess what, my dogs hate it (as long as I'm with them they are okay) and I have to get up at 4am for work. It's now 11pm, maybe we can continue this tomorrow?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

But then it wouldn't be the 4th.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Unless they're stone drunk, they're not doing it right anyway  :P
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I kinda wish I had fireworks to set off today.

But if I did I feel like my daughter would of blew the yard up. Again.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Things are not okay. I would like to provide a disclaimer at the beginning of this post. I'm a bit inebriated (read: I drank five shots in an hour, then a mix drink. I weigh 150 pounds. I'm VERY goddamn drunk.) and I've had a very. Very. Long. Fuckin'. Day.

Every single little thing seemed to conspire against me today. At first, it went great. I woke up in a good mood, texted my girl a bit. Then I got to work. It was crazy busy, as is expected on Fourth of July in the USA next to a lake, in a tourist town. I had fun at first, then things started bringing me down. My girl was being really weird, and every customer was being the biggest fucking asshole they could be, it seemed. All the other employees were also on their fourth or fifth ten or twelve hour shift in a row, and also the biggest fucking assholes ever by now, so things were going just swimmingly. Then I realized in the last hour of my shift that I broke my fucking finger in the first four hours of my shift and hadn't noticed until now. D:

Then my girl stops texting back and only texts me twice to ask me for something. :/ My friend asks me for something immediately when I text him, and my LF is all business when I speak to her at work. I then make a trip that I didn't want to make to see my girl and her boyfriend (FML) and things happen which make things worse for me. Then I leave to go do some business and someone blows a bottle rocket up right in my goddamned face, quite literally. My right hand and cheek are burned a bit. So I go back to my friends house and things get EVEN worse, so I just decide to go home. I get halfway there and decide to get fucking drunk as shit, so I stop at my old hang out and get drunk.

Now I am here, after having drove home drunk. Yay. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently the wind tore off my 5 meter long window sill outside. Must have been 2 days ago, but I only noticed today.
Now I need to find a place where I can store it until we (guess I'll ask my fater for this) can find a way to repair that. And I should probably wrap the whole area in plastic so no water gets inside.

Seriously, why me? There are dozens of other families living in the same block better equipped to deal with this shit.
Pages: 1 ... 2610 2611 [2612] 2613 2614 ... 3345