Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693243 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Start a fire, call 911, acquire free teddy-bear.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Parents fighting again.
It's 7 AM.
I haven't even been awake for an hour.
*hugs so hard* ;_;

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

I posted about getting a job in the happy thread. Guess what, IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

I was so happy about it, and showed the paperwork to my mom. She said NOPE GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER ONE. She has a perfectly logical reasons for it too but I'm just too mad.

All this time she said to stop being choosy about what jobs I apply to. Get your foot into the door, meet people, make connections and all that. Then she just turns around all those words of comfort and encouragement BY TELLING ME TO BE GODDAMN CHOOSY.

God I'm done being mad. I'm just depressed now.

Fuck those perfectly logical reasons. Feelings don't care about logic. I had hopes, dreams, confidence and self esteem riding on that job. I wanted to be useful and stop being a burden. Guess what, I'll still be a useless piece of shit for a while longer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Why would throwing him out be illegal, exactly? If he's not paying for anything, I can't imagine any tenant's rights applying to him.

Even squatters have rights (at least here in the USA where I live they do). You have to give them thirty days notice before eviction, but that's pretty much it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would throwing him out be illegal, exactly? If he's not paying for anything, I can't imagine any tenant's rights applying to him.

Even squatters have rights (at least here in the USA where I live they do). You have to give them thirty days notice before eviction, but that's pretty much it.
In New York at least, if there's a legal tenancy, defined by any ONE of: any form written agreement between tenant and landlord, landlord ever accepting rent money, or if the tenant has stayed on the property for at least 30 days, then in order to remove a tenant, a landlord must sue them in court to get a judgement and warrant of eviction. In most cases, the tenant can resolve the judgement before the warrant is carried out(generally, paying rent arrears+fines before the warrant is carried out), and stay in the property. Otherwise, the landlord can then have a marshal remove the tenant.

Not sure how it works in other states. I know in Florida, my family was evicted because my dad stopped paying rent due to the landlord refusing to maintain the property as is(as far as I know) legally required. And the house was so poorly maintained that there was a raw sewage leak on the property. However, the judge sided with the landlord and we were forced to leave.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

It seems the dude is paying NEGATIVE rent, so that wouldn't be an issue.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Seesh, whatever happened to the implied warranty of habitability?!?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I posted about getting a job in the happy thread. Guess what, IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

I was so happy about it, and showed the paperwork to my mom. She said NOPE GO LOOK FOR ANOTHER ONE. She has a perfectly logical reasons for it too but I'm just too mad.

All this time she said to stop being choosy about what jobs I apply to. Get your foot into the door, meet people, make connections and all that. Then she just turns around all those words of comfort and encouragement BY TELLING ME TO BE GODDAMN CHOOSY.

God I'm done being mad. I'm just depressed now.

Fuck those perfectly logical reasons. Feelings don't care about logic. I had hopes, dreams, confidence and self esteem riding on that job. I wanted to be useful and stop being a burden. Guess what, I'll still be a useless piece of shit for a while longer.
Perfectly logical reasons yet... ._.
Soul-crushing happened despite the perfectly logical...? D:
Maybe its advice to look for a better one because maybe...that job won't be that good for you in the long-run?
Ya ain't a useless piece of S***! >_>

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

I had ice cream so I'm mostly fine for now.

It's not that the job is bad per see. It's just that car insurance is involved and it doesn't cover work related accident.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Yeah, well, I didn't want to work in Heavy Duty Truck Parts, and yet here I am :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

What the actual fuck.
To be fair, if it's honestly intended for the guy's wife, and she wasn't in on what he was doing, then I think it's a good idea. Being Good Christian Wackos she probably doesn't work outside the home, and if (unfortunately, it's probably "if" and not "when" at this point) he goes to jail for his crimes it's unfair to financially punish the wife and kid.

But if the money is really being funneled to the dude, or if the wife was complicit in this guy's shit, then fuck that.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Very minor rage, but I got a floor key on Sword of the Star. This lets me open practically all doors on a dungeon level.

I'm raging because it's so stupid. It is literally useless, since rooms which have all of their doors locked are very rare, and even then you have 3 55%+ (with the worst class) chances to unlock it, assuming you don't want to spend items on it.

Now I have a key which literally does nothing buy rob me of valuable experience.

I'm not even sure why I care but this really annoys me.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Well, someone is trying to flog [whose?] servers by putting loads of popular youtubers in the title of [whose?] (100%) unrelated videos so [who?] apepar when you search [whom?] on youtube.

Hiho, hiho, spam reporting I go...
Sorry, there are so many different entities for each incidence of "they" or some form of it, even with proper context, that I couldn't make sense of that.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

The title for one of them is 'Free minecraft server - ksi - vanossgaming - iHasCupQuake - TheRadBrad - antvenom'

The guy flogging the servers (FreeMinecraftServer) is putting unrelated youtuber names in the title of his videos so that when you search for said youtubers, his videos appear on the list.
That's scummy, but how does shilling his YouTube videos damage the Minecraft server?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

...I never said it did? I just severely dislike advertising in such a way.
Oh.

I misread your earlier post about TerraFirmaCraft and thought it was the name of a server and specifically the same server as this guy was pimping. I interpreted "flogging" as the action of deliberately making it run slow, so I thought he was somehow using YouTube to slow down a Minecraft server.
Pages: 1 ... 2598 2599 [2600] 2601 2602 ... 3345