Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2594 2595 [2596] 2597 2598 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693240 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Leaning can only be stated to be fearless when it's over the Grand Canyon.

Other canyons need not apply.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why is it so cold
Probably the seasons getting their swing in for you complaining about the heat during your last summer. Turns out they get pissy when people can't pick a temperature and bloody stick with it.

Yeah, that's very true. I'm pretty sure I did bitch about the heatwave we had last summer. 'Twas foolish of me.
I know I cope better with heat than with cold, I'm not sure what prompted such stupidity. "Oh man, this sucks, I can't wear long sleeves without getting weird looks and smelling like a wet dog in a sauna!!" Well yeah, wow, great going, self, now you get to wear long sleeves and jackets all freaking day or else spend your time shivering in a miserable heap in the corner. ::)

Aaaaanyway, moving on to my newest Rage: Unemployment provider kindly gave me a new phone to replace my broken one, so that I can try to do all the shit I'm supposed to be doing. I go to activate it online... and the service provider asks me for demands a current contact number. -_- Gee, they really thought this through, didn't they.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sensitivity in romantic partners is very much a Good Thing 9_9 Emotional intelligence is always a positive, no matter if the call for it comes from a girly magazine or whatnot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sensitivity in romantic partners is very much a Good Thing 9_9 Emotional intelligence is always a positive, no matter if the call for it comes from a girly magazine or whatnot.

It depends on the person.

I am actually quite tired of this whole "ideal person" talk about everything. Everyone is the ideal person in the right situation.

This is usually just people projecting their likes and desires as a blanket statement for how everyone should act.

Emotional Intelligence and "sensitivity" though are two entirely separate things though. It kind of reminds me of someone who said that everyone should have empathy because they would "understand", but really just because you know how someone feels it doesn't mean you sympathize. Someone who is "sensitive" is someone who picks up and is swayed by emotion. Someone with a lot of emotional intelligence is someone who understands emotions (I usually think of emotional intelligence and emotional maturity as similar concepts and co-related)

Don't get me wrong I have my own preferences in who I am looking for, I'd prefer someone 'warm', but I am far too immature to really understand what I'd want in a person... but I wouldn't project it as something that is ideal overall.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:20:17 pm by Neonivek »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

GAH, SUBWAY YOU DIDN'T TOAST MY SUB THOROUGHLY! HALF OF IT IS ICE COLD WHAT THE FUCK YOU BASTARDS?
#firstworldproblems
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Emotional sensitivity is great. Getting it from trashy magazines is not. "10 ways to secretly please your man" is as bad as "10 ways to covertly get your lady in the mood."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GAH, SUBWAY YOU DIDN'T TOAST MY SUB THOROUGHLY! HALF OF IT IS ICE COLD WHAT THE FUCK YOU BASTARDS?
#firstworldproblems

Honestly just put my rage right on that. I am honestly bugged whenever someone brings it up.

Yes I am sure Second World people, since there is no third world anymore, have no minor complaints that would be insignificant to no one else. That their desires and interests begin and end with pure survival.

Emotional sensitivity is great. Getting it from trashy magazines is not. "10 ways to secretly please your man" is as bad as "10 ways to covertly get your lady in the mood."

I have no exact issue with either of those. They are very much things people want to know (It is one of those things that sounds WAY worse, then it plays out in reality), but they are usually just flat out garbage in the magazine and actually scummy in those articles.

My favorite advice I seen once was to have less sex but more flirting. I wonder if it works.

Co-dependence is a funny thing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:26:19 pm by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Where on the list was rufilin? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Guys, negative emotions is strictly forbidden if you are privileged.
Now go back to oppressing minorities. Or something.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Check your sadness
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Check your sadness
#emotion-appropriation
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

#firstworldproblems

Honestly just put my rage right on that. I am honestly bugged whenever someone brings it up.

Yes I am sure Second World people, since there is no third world anymore, have no minor complaints that would be insignificant to no one else. That their desires and interests begin and end with pure survival.
Unless you're making a statement about the development of the Third World getting up to the point where the phrase conjures a wrong image of mud-huts and bugaboos, you got that backwards. Second World is the Soviet sphere, First World is the American/Euro sphere, Third World is "other." It's just been changed since then to the current understanding of "developed" or "not-developed" (developing is somewhere in there)

Obviously, with no Soviet sphere anymore...

* Descan eyes Putin eerily.

Well, anyway, "Second World" has gone out of fashion.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I go by a different system of First, Second, and Third world country... which is decided mostly by globalization (mostly by trade. A country lacking in world trade is a third world country)

Yet as time went by all countries go by second or first world.

Though yeah really these distinctions don't mean much anymore.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Hence why most actual policy and such is using the develop terms. I think only lay and casual conversation uses the numbered worlds.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Okay, this bugs the hell out of me. Because it isn't true, it's a twisted view of the world, and it's putting down other people all at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 2594 2595 [2596] 2597 2598 ... 3345