Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692433 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38775 on: June 27, 2014, 02:25:02 pm »

I'm finding more and more that laws don't really apply to people who don't actually care about them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38776 on: June 27, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »

Akura, I don't know where you are and how old are you, but you could probably get him arrested, or at least have him face a legal process, if you have enough evidence. I strongly recommend having a backup plan, somewhere to go, that sort of stuff. I doubt the police will give a shit about who your stepdad is unless he's part of a criminal organization or is related to a politician. And I think it's been concluded that the man is full of shit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38777 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »

Well, after a whole day of looking, I have found that I have definite cause to sue him for illegal eviction at the very least, and according the laws I looked up he is liable for a penalty of "triple the damages" however  that is determined. All at the cost of a screaming headache from laptop radiation, half-done laundry, somehow managing to download Still Life 2, and learning quite a bit about love dolls(not first hand, though).

As far as a "backup plan" I don't have anything for that short-term. I don't even know where I'm sleeping tonight. Long-term, my sister has already told me that she's looking for a place and I'm more than welcome to move in with her. I also did see an ad for a place that is more-or-less within my income, but that might have been too good to be true.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38778 on: June 27, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »

Long term wise, I'd say move in with your sister.  Plan on it, make it happen, do what you need to do and get what you need to get.  Your stepdad is a monster and staying in that house with him is only hurting yourself.

Short term wise, perhaps your step aunt can let you stay a while to get on your feet?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38779 on: June 27, 2014, 05:58:23 pm »

Mom, I do every job that you ask me to. I have never once asked anything in return, and I haven't complained about work for a large number of years. However, because I do not do the jobs I didn't know needed to be done, and you never told me to do... because I don't READ YOUR MIND, you call me lazy and constantly tell me that all I ever do is complain.

Oh, yeah. And because in my free time, I play video games and/or talk to people on the computer wo actually listen to what I say, you complain that I need to do something besides use the computer. What the fuck else do you want me to do? Have an intelligent conversation with my brother? Yeah, that's funny. Ride my bike? I have a 200 foot road that I can ride back and forth on. You have never allowed me to bike anywhere else. It got a little old. Also, I can see the whole area from the porch. Swim in the pool? Pool's broken. You broke it. Read something? That makes up 99 percent of what I do on the computer. I read books at night so my cock of a brother won't harass me for it. Draw something? I stopped doing that after you threw a fit and put my drawings in the garbage, and gave away my sketchbook after I stopped. Watch TV? I fucking hate TV. Besides, if I had to guess, It makes your brain far more lazier than video games, assuming they make your brain lazy at all.

And while you're at it, don't yell at me to stop yelling. It makes you look stupid. Especially when you're the one who's shouting and getting angry when I'm talking in the most calm and quiet tone of voice I can possibly conjure up. It's called "patience". Living with people like you and my brother, I've managed to develop quite a lot of it, for everyone except my brother. That same patience is the only thing that keeps me breathing, and forgiving you and him for constantly screaming in my ear about the person who I should be.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #38780 on: June 27, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »

Why...why did she try to stop you drawing? That seems like something constructive.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38781 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:13 pm »

I think I'm beginning to see where your brother gets his issues from. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38782 on: June 27, 2014, 09:42:33 pm »

is the police just shit
He has claimed that they're friendly with him.
I'm willing to bet that if you talk to someone from social services, or even directly to the police, they won't be. You're suffering systematic abuse, and he should absolutely be arrested for some of the shit he's doing to you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38783 on: June 27, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »

Why...why did she try to stop you drawing? That seems like something constructive.

Maybe she didn't like what Tomato drew?

That's the only thing I can think of other than just hating art/artists in general.

Not that either of those are particularly good reasons, but they are the ones I've had used on me.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38784 on: June 27, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »

She didn't try to do it per se, but it was what she ended up doing. Grades weren't so good at the time. I tried to tell her it was because I kept forgetting about homework. No matter how many times I told her this, she kept hearing it as "my organization sucks" and threw away a bunch of things in my bag that weren't school related, including my drawings. Naturally, when this didn't fix the problem, she just got more mad at me and I had to fix the problem on my own.

It's unlikely that she didn't like artists, since she is one. She used to draw for a second job, and still does as a hobby, and for friends.

And yeah, maybe she's where it comes from. Or maybe I am. Or maybe it's just him. She can be nice sometimes, but she misenterprets, assumes and overreacts. My brother couners these with overreactions of his own, which leads to things. Dad's the only person who they both listen to, and that's because he's the boss. When he says something, he means it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38785 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:42 pm »

is the police just shit
So what if they're friendly? The law is the law :V

The law is there to protect you so make full use of it.
It's so cute that you think that.
:-\
The truth is there. Subversion of the truth is never a replacement of what is the truth.
Stoopid [Shakerag's Environment] being so topsy-turvy >_>

@IronTomato: Keep on drawing despite that then--seeing as now, its an accident (of collateral damage).
Also of note on your brother--I'm guessing how he's acting is due to what he was exposed to in the past (ie Bad experiences; all experiences act as factors of influence regarding a person's personality). Seems like a deep underlying cause there.
Part of it is him, but part of it is probably due to the attitudes he was exposed to in reference to what was being done.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:04:38 pm by Tiruin »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #38786 on: June 27, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »

Oh, yeah. And because in my free time, I play video games and/or talk to people on the computer wo actually listen to what I say, you complain that I need to do something besides use the computer. What the fuck else do you want me to do? Have an intelligent conversation with my brother? Yeah, that's funny. Ride my bike? I have a 200 foot road that I can ride back and forth on. You have never allowed me to bike anywhere else. It got a little old. Also, I can see the whole area from the porch. Swim in the pool? Pool's broken. You broke it. Read something? That makes up 99 percent of what I do on the computer. I read books at night so my cock of a brother won't harass me for it. Draw something? I stopped doing that after you threw a fit and put my drawings in the garbage, and gave away my sketchbook after I stopped. Watch TV? I fucking hate TV. Besides, if I had to guess, It makes your brain far more lazier than video games, assuming they make your brain lazy at all.
Minus the scrap about TV, I feel/agree/understand/(insert other "brotherly love term") with you tenthousandfold.

[TL;DR] You just posted one of the most relatable things I have ever seen on these forums.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38787 on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

Man, my upbringing was so different.

Moved to the middle of the deep south woods, on top of a mountain, and basically turned loose. Barbed wire, rusty cars, snakes, scorpions, sinkholes, creeks full of trash and broken glass, poison ivy, abandoned mine shafts, all buried in kudzoo....and all I got was basically a lot of warnings. "Don't mess with it if it's alive, stay out of the mines and don't touch or eat anything, especially the mushrooms. Don't cross barbed wire fences or you might get shot. Have fun, be back by dark." And all I wanted a Nintendo. :|

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38788 on: June 27, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

is the police just shit
So what if they're friendly? The law is the law :V
Only when the law recognizes there's a problem. And when the law enforcers are snuggly with someone breaking it and unwilling to enforce the law on 'em, well :-\ Have I mentioned lately the local water maintenance fellow got off scott free from dealing drugs out of a city vehicle, while on the job? Caught red handed and everything, but -- nope. And worse'n that has happened in my area, ha.

That said, from what Akura's said it's almost guaranteed the dude is bullshitting and the cops would be incredibly happy to drag his drug humping arse to jail. Just depends on how corrupt the locals are, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38789 on: June 28, 2014, 02:17:00 am »

A program that is not in the Uninstall list nor has a directory associated with it keeps putting popup adds on the lower right corner of my desktop, taking me out of full-screen or windowed programs every 30 minutes -_- how the heck am I supposed to remove it?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 3345