Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2563 2564 [2565] 2566 2567 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692127 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Dig Deep Edition
« Reply #38460 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »

Figured "Hey since it's hot let's open some windows (with mosquito screens on them)".

Half an hour later, cue palmetto bug the size of a fucking mouse crawling across the ceiling.

NOPENOPENOPE

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38461 on: June 18, 2014, 09:39:55 pm »

You'd think, but I rather imagine there's a few more out there in the realms of fiction that have done the whole flesh dress thing.

I can think of a few that wore the flayed skin of other human beings. Does that count as "raw meat"?

Blood and ashes, those Eelfinn give me the creeps.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38462 on: June 18, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »

You don't... you don't open the screen part, Red. Just the glass. The windows... do let you do those separately... right?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38463 on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:36 pm »

HOW DOES IT KNOW.
I hate the guys who made that site. If you go on a mobile phone to their desktop web site, you'll see that you can't see most of the screen because they used the viewport meta tag to restrict it. So theoretically you need to shell out monies for the mobile version ($2) if you want to use it on a phone. The biggest bone I have to pick thoigh is that you can still play it on the desktop site with a sufficiently large phone :P Why not learn how to block mobile users properly, instead of some hack that prevents most but not all people from playing it?

Sky says as she rotates her phone to try Akinator more

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38464 on: June 18, 2014, 10:01:39 pm »

You don't... you don't open the screen part, Red. Just the glass. The windows... do let you do those separately... right?
The screens are still down. But the seams between the screen and frame aren't nearly the obstacle that the full window casement is.

Though for all I know, Mr. "I'm-big-enough-to-bench-press-your-sandwich" was already in the house before that.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38465 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:16 pm »

Definitely possible. I've had the bastards come in through freaking door frames -- there's nothing quite like hearing an odd noise and then looking over at the room's door to see freaking plaster and whatnot falling down, then hit it with a broom a few times and have a giant cockroach come falling from the ceiling. S'just, like. Well hell. Something dies now. Maybe me, I'unno, blighter's sizable and I've only got a broom. Sometimes you want a shotgun, and damn the structural damage.

One of these days the buggers are going to develop envenomed spike shooters and then the world is hell (also starcraft).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:10:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

blazing glory

« Reply #38466 on: June 18, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »

Definitely possible. I've had the bastards come in through freaking door frames -- there's nothing quite like hearing an odd noise and then looking over at the room's door to see freaking plaster and whatnot falling down, then hit it with a broom a few times and have a giant cockroach come falling from the ceiling. S'just, like. Well hell. Something dies now. Maybe me, I'unno, blighter's sizable and I've only got a broom. Sometimes you want a shotgun, and damn the structural damage.

One of these days the buggers are going to develop envenomed spike shooters and then the world is hell (also starcraft).

Is your avatar you sneaking up on the cockroach to see if it's dead?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38467 on: June 18, 2014, 10:30:54 pm »

Nope. I don't sneak up on cockroaches, I throw things at them and then apply nearest 2x4. If movement is continued to be heard, reapply as necessary.

Or sweep them out of the house. I've been trying to do that more since I heard something about squishing them making eggs fly all over the place but *shrugs*
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38468 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »

That's just cockroach propaganda they're feeding you so you won't continue your ichor-stained crusade.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38469 on: June 18, 2014, 10:36:28 pm »

* Descan remembers watching Mimic when he was younger.

* Descan is decidedly not in the mood to watch it again :x
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38470 on: June 18, 2014, 10:47:14 pm »

HOW DOES IT KNOW.
I hate the guys who made that site. If you go on a mobile phone to their desktop web site, you'll see that you can't see most of the screen because they used the viewport meta tag to restrict it. So theoretically you need to shell out monies for the mobile version ($2) if you want to use it on a phone. The biggest bone I have to pick thoigh is that you can still play it on the desktop site with a sufficiently large phone :P Why not learn how to block mobile users properly, instead of some hack that prevents most but not all people from playing it?

Sky says as she rotates her phone to try Akinator more
I hate that the guys who made that site/game can't spell Philippines right.
"Philipinnes"
I mean we're named after a bloody KING for goodness- nghhhhghhh! :I

Edit: Though the game is...pretty awesome o_o
They got 'your reflection' pretty...oh wow.

Though testing it gets silly later on. But..yeah, very nearly similar in association. I even got 'your girlfriend' there.

Anyway. Yeah. Rage. SPELLING D:<
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:27:09 am by Tiruin »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38471 on: June 18, 2014, 11:09:53 pm »

A minor rage is that I can't play the stupid Genie game, I use NoScript for most things and it apparently destroys that page no matter what I allow.  I do this to myself though, so it's alright.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38472 on: June 18, 2014, 11:15:39 pm »

Nope. I don't sneak up on cockroaches, I throw things at them and then apply nearest 2x4. If movement is continued to be heard, reapply as necessary.

Or sweep them out of the house. I've been trying to do that more since I heard something about squishing them making eggs fly all over the place but *shrugs*

Have you tried burning your entire sewer system with napalm? That might help with the roaches.  Key word being might.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38473 on: June 18, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »

What, and give them a nice winter vacation? This is ruddy florida. Napalm in the sewer system would be like throwing in mass quantities of delicious icees, except less likely to kill anything.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38474 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:09 pm »

Well, today has certainly been rage-filled so far.
Firstly I can't find my iPod, which is one of my primary coping mechanisms for the various annoyances I have to put up with. And my eyesight is getting worse all the time, which freaks me out and makes me rage at myself for not seeing an optometrist.

I'm starting to think it would be easier just to get a job rather than put up with this bullshit... I suppose that's the point, really.
Unfortunately I have no idea how to get a job, especially without a proper resume.

Time to drink some iced coffee and do some more damage to my eyes playing games to recover from that, I suppose.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2563 2564 [2565] 2566 2567 ... 3345