Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2547 2548 [2549] 2550 2551 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695404 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Dig Deep Edition
« Reply #38220 on: June 15, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »

The rage did it quicker, and made me more effective.
Even in the context of fighting, in any martial art remaining collected and aware of what's around you is emphasised as being very important. Because it is.
Rage could actually cause some degree of fear in a rival, thus hampering his reaction times or making him doubt. Rage is useless against a cold-minded person, but against another persons susceptible to become afraid, it could become an asset. Providing that you don't know how to fight. Because if you do, then is detrimental to your performance.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38221 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »

The rage did it quicker, and made me more effective.
Even in the context of fighting, in any martial art remaining collected and aware of what's around you is emphasised as being very important. Because it is.
Rage could actually cause some degree of fear in a rival, thus hampering his reaction times or making him doubt. Rage is useless against a cold-minded person, but against another persons susceptible to become afraid, it could become an asset. Providing that you don't know how to fight. Because if you do, then is detrimental to your performance.

Isn't that intimidation, not rage? The former, in that, case, would be a product of the latter, but you don't need to be enraged to be intimidating.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #38222 on: June 15, 2014, 05:38:29 pm »

No, you don't. But it's a little extra on the rage front, and adds to any other intimidating factors you may have.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38223 on: June 15, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »

Strong emotion = energy, and if emotionally disciplined, this can be done without altering control over actions.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38224 on: June 15, 2014, 06:01:13 pm »

Also, doesn't rage stimulate extra production of adrenaline?

RAGE could intimidate the guy. Could make you fight more aggressively, resulting in you doing more damage to them which, depending on the guy, could result in an overall better (on a physiological basis) outcome for you.
Revenge is a goal without limits, the Dalai Lama would probably say. Yet I don't see how knowing that is supposed to take any joy out of it, as man is but a murderhobo waiting for the right moment to unleash decades of dissatisfaction and wangst on acceptacble targets [citation=Nazis, Zombies and Nazi zombies.  Checkmate Dalai Lama, checkmate]. I would also like to point out that the male human face is designed to take punches, proof of intelligent design by a hilarious creator so checkmate Darwin too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38225 on: June 15, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »

Wasn't that part of a study that didn't say it's 100% definitely that way? Because last I checked, it was a theory. (In the scientific sense, not the 'Oh it's something you proposed way, the 'Hypothesis that has evidence supporting it' way.)
I'm not sure just how many scientific studies have been done on human interest in killing nazi zombies but I will be sure to send them as I find them ASAP.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38226 on: June 15, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »

*slaps LW around the head*
This statement coupled with my head's evolved ability to take slaps is just further proof of man's natural law of violence.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38227 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »

Also, doesn't rage stimulate extra production of adrenaline?

RAGE could intimidate the guy. Could make you fight more aggressively, resulting in you doing more damage to them which, depending on the guy, could result in an overall better (on a physiological basis) outcome for you.
Revenge is a goal without limits, the Dalai Lama would probably say. Yet I don't see how knowing that is supposed to take any joy out of it, as man is but a murderhobo waiting for the right moment to unleash decades of dissatisfaction and wangst on acceptacble targets [citation=Nazis, Zombies and Nazi zombies.  Checkmate Dalai Lama, checkmate]. I would also like to point out that the male human face is designed to take punches, proof of intelligent design by a hilarious creator so checkmate Darwin too.
*slaps LW around the head*
This statement coupled with my head's evolved ability to take slaps is just further proof of man's natural law of violence.
@_@
You're...joking right?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38228 on: June 15, 2014, 06:23:25 pm »

Yes.

... Should we start putting Tiruin disclaimers on our posts, so that she and others can tell when we are joking? I feel it may ruin the joke too often, though.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS JOCULAR, EXCEPT FOR: THE WORD "Yes."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38229 on: June 15, 2014, 06:25:09 pm »

Yes.

... Should we start putting Tiruin disclaimers on our posts, so that she and others can tell when we are joking? I feel it may ruin the joke too often, though.

But by having the disclaimer you validate the second statement, making the disclaimer false.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38230 on: June 15, 2014, 06:25:34 pm »

Scientific study that provided evidence that the strong jaw in males was mainly evolved for the sake of absorbing punches and hits of varying kinds.
[citation needed]

I am both male, and have a weak and degenerate jaw.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38231 on: June 15, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »

Yes.

But by having the disclaimer you validate the second statement, making the disclaimer false.
And thus: Humour.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38232 on: June 15, 2014, 06:33:15 pm »

Strong emotion = energy, and if emotionally disciplined, this can be done without altering control over actions.
Sweet monkey jesus I wish that was true. Strong emotion (except barring, maybe, certain sorts of happiness) has never done anything but bloody exhaust me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38233 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:10 pm »

You're not allowed to clarify that you're joking Tiruin,  otherwise it ruins the joke. You have to let others judge you and fe
resort to violence at the first instance of them not judging correctly.

Scientific study that provided evidence that the strong jaw in males was mainly evolved for the sake of absorbing punches and hits of varying kinds.
[citation needed]
I am both male, and have a weak and degenerate jaw.
It's not the strengh of the jaw that matters... [PENIS JOKE WAS HERE]

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38234 on: June 15, 2014, 06:38:40 pm »

It's not the strengh of the jaw that matters... [PENIS JOKE WAS HERE]
Are you sure? I couldn't find it. It might have been a little too small . . .
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 2547 2548 [2549] 2550 2551 ... 3345