Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695491 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Ohey, I know that feeling. Would probably recommend doctor, because if it is an infection of some sort you're about to be in for at least a few days of a fairly notable hell.

Fun thing for me? I've had tap water in this general area consistently induce that very reaction for the last several years. Sometimes even if it's filtered. It's been more than a little irritating, haha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

AUGH. The little dangly thing at the back of my throat(uvula?) is inflamed and sore and it feels like a have something in my throat so I swallow and swallowing is pain. And I don't know if it's because I have an infection, or because it's been rubbing against my tongue all day.
If it's rubbing against your tongue, it's seriously inflamed. Go to the doctor, you probably have an infection.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

WHY does double-clicking the top left of the Chrome window close it?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Holy shit it works on Firefox too.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Opera is far more sensible. As is IE. Just get a proper browser, guys!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Proper OS, perhaps. That's a general windows effect, not browser specific.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Actually I've had a test and this appears to work on every window. Not just IE and Firefox.

EDIT: ninja'd.
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Interesting. It only seems to de-maximize it for me, and do nothing if it's not already maximized.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

WHY does double-clicking the top left of the Chrome window close it?

Windows makes that a thing.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting. It only seems to de-maximize it for me, and do nothing if it's not already maximized.

Same here. I guess the problem's with Windows 8 or something?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

"Or something." Getting the effect with vista, here.

... not that it's really a problem. Just another way to close the window, one on the other side of the screen and triggered in a way far less likely to accidentally go off.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:33:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

EDIT: nevermind my computer is strange
._.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Guys, really now. That's been Windows' feature for years now.  :P

edit: though it actually doesn't work for me on Firefox, neither with the classic plugin nor the post-28 monstrosity of a new design. I fail gloriously.  :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:46:54 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Nah, it definitely tries to close it. I know with browsers that can sometimes take a while, though.

Especially once you've opened up enough tabs to convince it to chew up over a gig of ram or whatnot. Or two gigs. Or... three. Y'know, whatever. What's several hundred tabs between hardware and owner, besides failure and screaming and melted silicon?
Ask not!
Ask!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Nah, it definitely tries to close it. I know with browsers that can sometimes take a while, though.

Especially once you've opened up enough tabs to convince it to chew up over a gig of ram or whatnot. Or two gigs. Or... three. Y'know, whatever. What's several hundred tabs between hardware and owner, besides failure and screaming and melted silicon?

With Chrome, of course.

'S the reason I've switched to Firefox on my desktop, at least until I build a new one. ~5 gigs of RAM + Chrome + Lots and Lots and Lots of tabs does not a happy computer make.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 2540 2541 [2542] 2543 2544 ... 3345