Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691919 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37725 on: June 05, 2014, 04:24:38 pm »

I got over to the library with my laptop and everything, and I have just enough time to reply to my PMs before I get a call of I NEED TO GO TO THE BANK RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT CLOSES AT 5 AND ITS 4:35 BECAUSE I CANT MANAGE MY TIME WELL.

And then afterwards, I find out that they didn't even need to get it taken care of until Monday, so they wasted part of the only free time I have because they're lazy bastards.

I mean seriously, fuck these people, and they won't even give me money for gas for all the times I run their asses around, and I spend more time driving them around then driving myself.

Just angry right now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37726 on: June 05, 2014, 04:26:14 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't want to attract the sort of person who prefers a $300-or so shoe over a $100 one simply because of its price tag and label. :P Maybe that's just me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37727 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:50 pm »

I'd share your rage, but I think people who are actually interested in $300 shoes should be drug out into the street to be run over by traffic.
I prefer to spend my hard - earned money on things that make me more respected by my peers and more attractive to the opposite sex, unlike the comic books and anime figurines most people of my level of pop - culture enthusiasm collect.
Right. I don't like those people either.

You just talk an awful lot about it, plus you're from a country that, around here, is known for drunk poor people living in perpetual winter (obviously not accurate, or at least not entirely accurate, but it's part of what goes through my mind when I think Russia).
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37728 on: June 05, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »

I'd share your rage, but I think people who are actually interested in $300 shoes should be drug out into the street to be run over by traffic.
I prefer to spend my hard - earned money on things that make me more respected by my peers and more attractive to the opposite sex, unlike the comic books and anime figurines most people of my level of pop - culture enthusiasm collect.

So material things are what make you respected and attractive?

So it's okay to say people should die because they have interests you don't approve of now?

Are there other ways of entertaining oneself?

Yeah, this is news to me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37729 on: June 05, 2014, 04:38:18 pm »

I do have to admire his cynical pragmatism. I'd say yes, and he's just admitting it when most people, including me to an extent, cover it up with feels.

Should people judge you by how many status symbols you can pack on? Probably not. Do they? Yes.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37730 on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »

To a lot of people? Yeah. 'M not one of them, but realistically it's not much weirder than anything else that people are into. Is this somehow news?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37731 on: June 05, 2014, 04:40:32 pm »

More of a rhetorical.

And I guess I tend to judge people by their material possessions in the opposite direction. The harder someone tries to manage their image through fashions and clothes and accessories, the less I want to know them.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37732 on: June 05, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't want to attract the sort of person who prefers a $300-or so shoe over a $100 one simply because of its price tag and label. :P Maybe that's just me.
Bay12: where caring about your appearance leads to greater social ostracizing than homosexuality, self - admitted masturbation addiction and bragging about casual genocide that is based purely on cultural differences and racist prejudice combined!

Seriously, though, I agree. Too many people around here think that simply having expensive clothing makes you look good, while in reality it takes quite a bit more than that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37733 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:24 pm »

Mental note: be careful about trying to make off-hand humorous comments. Actual debate may occur!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37734 on: June 05, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

Bay12: Where stupid jokes usually devolve into thoughtful discussion.

And as for the question of people judging me by my appearance, they certainly do that in the amoral, hedonistic Roaring Twenties of modern Russia. I blame it on the unchecked Leviathan of our pseudocaste oligarchy.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37735 on: June 05, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »

Bay12: Where stupid jokes usually devolve into thoughtful discussion.

And as for the question of people judging me by my appearance, they certainly do that in the amoral, hedonistic Roaring Twenties of modern Russia. I blame it on the unchecked Leviathan of our pseudocaste oligarchy.

I'm torn. I'm not sure if this phrase belongs more on Tumblr or on a page of some post-everything book detailing how Capitalism shouldn't work because of quantums, possibly in French. *INITIATE JOKEY TONE TRANSMISSION*

Seriously though, I really cannot see a point in brand-name clothing. I'm all for nice clothes, but I cannot see how it having been made by a company with a famous name and overpriced three times the actual value is worth it.

Hell, sometimes the quality is inversely proportional to the price and brand - a while back, I've been looking for a wool coat to replace my old one, which had sadly become somewhat ragged after four years of heavy usage, and the most expensive ones were some 90% polyester crap. Sure, you could leap even a bracket further into cashmere coats, but they're more expensive because of the material.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37736 on: June 05, 2014, 06:21:58 pm »

Seriously though, I really cannot see a point in brand-name clothing. I'm all for nice clothes, but I cannot see how it having been made by a company with a famous name and overpriced three times the actual value is worth it.
Well it's because you get to wear clothes with their name on and give them free advertising.
That didn't justify it at all did it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37737 on: June 05, 2014, 06:47:25 pm »

I don't have brand-name clothing, too expensive and unnecessary. I wear clothes with pictures on them, but probably the closest thing to brand-name I have is my Iron Maiden shirt and that doesn't count I don't think.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37738 on: June 05, 2014, 07:13:24 pm »

I wear whatever. As long as the quality is good, the colours don't clash and it isn't blatantly stupid. For example, A skull holding a sword in its teeth which at the end is actually a banana being eaten by a monkey. Random stuff like that :P

But I also see why some would be into brands. They give a certain feel to the clothes, as if it is more than just simple cloth, has more value than monetary worth. I personally don't believe that, but if someone else does that's fine.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37739 on: June 05, 2014, 07:35:06 pm »

Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Do not go gentle into that good night.

I choose to continue. I refuse to fail.

I. Deny. Your. Reality. And. Substitute. My. Own.

* Hans sighs, and it's like all the fight went out of him.

I am somehow, for some sick reason, continuing to put one foot in front of the other. I don't actually know why I continue to try, but I do. And I will. To be quite honest, I would like to be dead. But I am not a quitter. I am not a failure. And I refuse to bow down. So today, when those familiar hooks set and started to drag my mind into that black pit, I got angry. I chose to be angry, because being deliberately happy is very difficult to do on a regular basis. It worked, I think. I'm not depressed right now. I'm full of this furious energy and a deadening apathy. It's very conflicting. I want to rage and scream and fight and DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. But... I also know how inevitably things are progressing. To be as smart as I am is nice, I suppose, but it also means that I've figured out this whole damn situation and everyone involved, and I know exactly what the fuck is going to happen. It's all cold, hard math now. Everything I predicted will happen has happened and will continue to happen.

* Hans narrows his eyes and straightens slightly.

I choose to continue.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 3345