Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692130 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37470 on: May 31, 2014, 04:57:00 pm »

I would like to know how Facebook judges what a 'top story' is. Spam and "Like/share if ______" pictures always seem to be at the very top of my feed, while all the things I'm actually interested in seeing are at the bottom.
Facebook had its day, From what I can gather, even when I joined back in '06 it had reached its zenith.  In ideal and function, not popularity.
It was a place to know what was happening on the weekend with friends, and to organize parties.  And post pictures of said parties.

There were no games or friend contests or spam or Google.

Thinking about that makes me Rage a bit.

Honestly, mine is mostly comic strips, music, cute animals, and interesting articles my friends wanted to share. Games are blocked from my feed and none of that other stuff has ever appeared for me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #37471 on: May 31, 2014, 06:12:06 pm »

-snip-

Jeeze, your parents are really helicoptering. Hopefully they'll get off your back once you get older.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37472 on: May 31, 2014, 08:13:31 pm »

Dad trying to force us to exercise every day, at least one hour, even if we have karate or tennis that day.
He also decided that I should invite (or be invited by) a friend to their house at least once a week, or I will lose all computer privileges for the next entire week.
Also, he wants me to stop drinking milk as much because "it's bad for me".

The RAGE is at the fact that he decides my issues for me.
I'm sick? People who exercise have better immune systems, therefore I'm sick because I do not exercise enough. I fell and hurt myself? Oh, people who exercise have better balance. Friends don't come over? Yep, definitely because the computer is making me an introverted antisocial, not because I want people to come but they often break their promises and backstab. Also, the reason I don't exercise as much is totally because of the computer, too. Not because we live in a city where going out is almost suicidal. The fact that when we lived in a safer country I'd take my bike out and ride it for two hours straight every day is completely irrelevant.
My stomach hurts? Yep, definitely got gases in there, totally because of milk. Even after I tell him that it's not stomach ache, it feels more like a cramp, and this has happened before, and it often goes away after a short rest. He gets angry at my mom for giving me some pain-relieving medicine, then declares that XXX calcium medicine will cure me, again because my problem is the milk I drink. Then, when I get cured after a short rest, he declares it was because of his medicine and he was right all along.
...Now that's a big problem :-\
Does he know these reasons?
ESPECIALLY the health related ones? Highlighted the part which poked the problem.

Though...you're completely sure about this? The situation stated as-is? Did he explain thoroughly those reasons and declarations, how they work exactly?

The thing on exercise/going to friend's houses is alright though.
Does he not realize the same things you stated here?
He's never gone in depth on the subject, other than 'Because milk is bad for you'.
Get some white cardboard and a blue marker, and hold up a [CITATION NEEDED] sign every time he pulls that bullshit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37473 on: May 31, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

Dad trying to force us to exercise every day, at least one hour, even if we have karate or tennis that day.
He also decided that I should invite (or be invited by) a friend to their house at least once a week, or I will lose all computer privileges for the next entire week.

I'm sick? People who exercise have better immune systems, therefore I'm sick because I do not exercise enough. I fell and hurt myself? Oh, people who exercise have better balance. Friends don't come over? Yep, definitely because the computer is making me an introverted antisocial, not because I want people to come but they often break their promises and backstab. Also, the reason I don't exercise as much is totally because of the computer, too. Not because we live in a city where going out is almost suicidal. The fact that when we lived in a safer country I'd take my bike out and ride it for two hours straight every day is completely irrelevant.
My stomach hurts? Yep, definitely got gases in there, totally because of milk. Even after I tell him that it's not stomach ache, it feels more like a cramp, and this has happened before, and it often goes away after a short rest. He gets angry at my mom for giving me some pain-relieving medicine, then declares that XXX calcium medicine will cure me, again because my problem is the milk I drink. Then, when I get cured after a short rest, he declares it was because of his medicine and he was right all along.
ESPECIALLY the health related ones? Highlighted the part which poked the problem.

Though...you're completely sure about this? The situation stated as-is? Did he explain thoroughly those reasons and declarations, how they work exactly?

He's never gone in depth on the subject, other than 'Because milk is bad for you'.
Get some white cardboard and a blue marker, and hold up a [CITATION NEEDED] sign every time he pulls that bullshit.
That is a brilliant idea
Oh fucking christ, I think I just had a panic attack.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37474 on: May 31, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »

...Now I want to do this sometime. :P
Unfortunately I don't talk to many people, so I might have to wait a while for someone to pull a fact out of their ass like that.

And yeah: what the hell, Cmega's dad? I'm no nutritionist, but over here milk is generally assumed to be healthy.
Although it's probably not. Actually I've heard some horror stories about cow's milk but oh well. Calcium! 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37475 on: May 31, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »

It's got a lot of fat in it, but the calcium and very long list of vitamins in it usually outweigh the fat, especially if you cut down to 2% or less.

Cmega's dad doesn't sound like someone who listens to logic, let alone citation signs.

He probably doesn't even know what citations are.
Pretty sure he'd listen to me. I'm an expert salesman. Also, the other thing I do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #37476 on: May 31, 2014, 08:27:09 pm »

May as well just wear it all the time and point to it when needed.

http://www.cafepress.com/+citation-needed+t-shirts
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37477 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:47 am »

That is a brilliant idea
Oh fucking christ, I think I just had a panic attack.
Could you ask him to explain it?
Because I feel that he has an explanation very convincing to him--while it may seem superficial at times to others, I think that he has a very good explanation in mind on his side.

Ask him to explain it :D Then present your counter-case as it is, then talk about it.

@IG: Panic attack?  :-X

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37478 on: June 01, 2014, 01:48:55 am »

If the Tiruin way doesn't work, you may have to install a lever in his bedroom. He seems like the type to pull it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37479 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:55 am »

If the Tiruin way doesn't work, you may have to install a lever in his bedroom. He seems like the type to pull it.
There are many ways to...err, make it work. I...only suggest what seems best universally, in my viewpoint.
I mean, viewpoints between many people differ--there's always a reason behind what they do though, some more deep-seated than others.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37480 on: June 01, 2014, 02:03:09 am »

Our cat just won't. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37481 on: June 01, 2014, 03:42:56 am »

are you sure your cat was spayed and/or neutered

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37482 on: June 01, 2014, 05:04:10 am »

Been almost a week since I started the "Not my problem" kick (Aka no comments or opinions on women or issues concerning women)... and it is going really well. Too well... I still have yet to get in a fight.

But BOY have I sometimes really REALLY wanted to make a comment or correct a mistake.

As well my moral sense keeps ringing in my ear and is whispering to me "aren't you part of the problem" and I am like "but it is working better this way". I am REALLY conflicted. I guess why I wanted this to go badly is because, I always felt like I was supposed to be vocal because it was important, so I am feeling this constant dread that I am doing something morally wrong.

I'll stick with it though. I know I am contributing to stereotypes, but honestly I can't spend another day really frustrated and crying because of these debates... and so far it has actually helped those debates.

If you are wondering why I am posting about it here, it is a call back.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37483 on: June 01, 2014, 05:18:25 am »

oh so it was only about women?

i were speaking of a wider spectrum actually, but if that's the issue the caused you grief, then right ahead keep doing what you're doing

* LordSlowpoke cheers

but seriously, you shouldn't ever bother discussing anything with people who use labels as a way to invalidate someone's arguments, this goes double for tumblrites' perverted caste system

you're not part of the problem by trying to preserve your mental health and just not giving a fuck

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37484 on: June 01, 2014, 06:40:24 am »

I'll stick with it though. I know I am contributing to stereotypes, but honestly I can't spend another day really frustrated and crying because of these debates... and so far it has actually helped those debates.
...Contributing wha? Stereotypes?
Been almost a week since I started the "Not my problem" kick (Aka no comments or opinions on women or issues concerning women)... and it is going really well. Too well... I still have yet to get in a fight.
o-o
That's a lot of things not mentioned there. All I could glean on the surface was 'Apathy'.
Though I've to say that it technically is your problem (as well as a problem for any person) due to the imbalance and injustice present. Just because you're not female doesn't mean that their problems are fluff to you [and vice versa for males]
This is about gender discrimination?
Pages: 1 ... 2497 2498 [2499] 2500 2501 ... 3345