Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693268 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37425 on: May 30, 2014, 06:54:35 am »

not really a rage but on the topic of RTDs and forum games i am mulling an idea in my head about starting a freeform RP, but I feel compelled to implement some form of flood control without being too much of a control freak, but I have the feeling that #bay12lb irc will be completely useless in giving advice since most of them are biased against freeform rps.
Man, you really like generalizing us huh >_>
Like, without you even having asked in the first place 'what does everyone think of a freeform rp I'm cooking up?'
Yeeaaaah.
I'm in favor but what does that matter now?
Have you been in Gaiden or RotMG? It's pure chaos.

Also I guess I'm really not in the mood to hear about people shit talking about roleplaying.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37426 on: May 30, 2014, 06:56:45 am »

*sighs*
There's a huge difference, like I said :-\
Freeform RPs are the genre of such. Attaching whatever attributes, feelings, emotions, hatred, or disgust seen in those freeforms that exist now to the whole genre is...illogical.

That's what I'm defending. I'm OK with you running a freeform RP (in which you should rather ask first before stating such extreme feelings or think about your words >_>) and am willing to see it run well.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37427 on: May 30, 2014, 08:11:56 am »

I would join a freeform RP, if Objective was to run it here. I'm having finals now, though, so not this week. Just my two cents. >_>
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

A while back, I posted a beautiful post in the Happy Thread that said Time Warner would be coming down our road, and we would no longer have to deal with tiny limits, high cost and slow speeds.

After about a week, they changed their promise of "It'll take a few days" to "We'll get to it by next week". After that, it became an additional two weeks. Now, they're telling us it will take months.

MMFFF. How the hell hard can something like this be? During the time that they had their heads up their asses, about 4 different salespeople, FROM THEM, came down and asked us to pay a tithe to the Cable Company. We notified them that we had already been trying to switch to them, and that they were the ones who wouldn't stop procrastinating, but they had not been told about this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:26:24 am by IronTomato »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37429 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:44 am »

INSTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE HISTIRY BOOK!

FUCKING!

Gah!

This map is marked fucking 1815 and if my knowledge is right, BY NOW, it'd be INSTANBUL!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37430 on: May 30, 2014, 09:54:02 am »

But Istanbul sounds like something associated with Islam, and we can't have terrorists teachings in the history books!

I think the history book makers are retarded enough for that faulty logic to actually happen.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:57:16 am by Sergarr »
._.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37431 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:27 am »

Probably worse being that this is the whole bible literalist book thing, 'Beka book', though then again I've learned more on some things outside of this book.

* Iceblaster shrugs and gets back to learning things

:P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37432 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:41 am »

Nope, Istanbul is only as of some time in the 20th century. Your map is indeed marked correctly.

Of course, what the locals called it is another matter.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37433 on: May 30, 2014, 10:46:34 am »

A while back, I posted a beautiful post in the Happy Thread that said Time Warner would be coming down our road, and we would no longer have to deal with tiny limits, high cost and slow speeds.

After about a week, they changed their promise of "It'll take a few days" to "We'll get to it by next week". After that, it became an additional two weeks. Now, they're telling us it will take months.

MMFFF. How the hell hard can something like this be? During the time that they had their heads up their asses, about 4 different salespeople, FROM THEM, came down and asked us to pay a tithe to the Cable Company. We notified them that we had already been trying to switch to them, and that they were the ones who wouldn't stop procrastinating, but they had not been told about this.

My rage is tangentially related to your's.

So in the continuing poop saga of my new house, the plumber arrived today to replace the pump in the shit box. This step has to happen before anything else can, the carpentry or anything else.

I woke up at 7:45, went upstairs to the couch and immediately passed out again, waiting for him to show up. He shows up at 8:30, gets to work, and I go back to my actual bed to crash for a little while longer.

He wakes me up about 20 minutes later and goes "Yeah, I should have checked this thing before. The pump we use isn't going to work [with your shit box.] I'm going to need to order one from Quebec. It's going to take a couple weeks."

The only thing anyone said to me about the scope of this job is that it was "minor." The Service Master guys actually fucking scoffed at the scope of the job, considering they're used to basements knee deep in filth explosively ejecting from everywhere.

But apparently an "easy job" is code for "We're going to be half as diligent and it's going to take about 200% longer to do this than it should, because none of us are taking it super seriously."

I'm sick of having to get up at 4am, walk through spider hell in the dark, upstairs and carefully make as little noise as possible so I don't wake my roommate up. I'm tired of using his bathroom because I'm getting way too familiar with his level of personal hygiene. And now it looks like a large portion of the work is going to get done while I'm out of town because everything has been pushed back in the schedule, which means I'll have almost no chance to object or comment before the walls and floors get sealed back up.

This is fucking balls. I appreciate my landlord handling most of the phone calls on this, but on the other hand it's leaving me feeling like I'm just along for the ride even though I'm the ONLY ONE AFFECTED BY THIS. So while everyone else sits around with an attitude of mild apathy to say the least, I'm steadily getting more and more fed up. Yet who am I going to tell at? The spiders, that's who. Because they're the only ones around.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:48:07 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #37434 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

This is why I stopped banking with the First Bank of Antarctica. The cold gets in the tubes, freezes everything up.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37435 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:04 am »

Well, attempting to access my bank statement online is still not working. It STILL freezes up the browser.

Same on the other computer in our house.

It just can't bring itself to tell you your financial situation. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37436 on: May 30, 2014, 11:14:55 am »

* Tiruin slaps Objective with a rainbow trout.
Tir stealing my slapstick made me rage.

Also I've pretty much abandoned FG&RP entirely because fuck my lack of commitment and inability to write a character bio worth the electricity it took to write it and we also need to organise an intervention for Haspen guys.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37437 on: May 30, 2014, 11:18:36 am »

So some nice B12 soul decided to buy me XCom on steam (i'll pay him back later).
So since it downloaded around 11 am i decided to play a bit... and ended up leading my brave soldiers for 4 hours.
I got to MEC suits when tragedy struck... i wanted to alt tab to check how much effect a soldiers level and class has when transformed into a MEC soldier... and apparently the game does not like alt tabbing and crashed.
I didn't save once during those 4 hours.
Que long silent rage session.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37438 on: May 30, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

My stepdad is going into yet another "force everyone but myself to stop using electricity" period. He's already said we cannot use the oven and replaced it with a toaster oven(which I think worked better than the oven), said that the washing machine is broken(while he was using it himself), said we have to dry our clothes on a clothesline(while using the dryer), got rid of the toaster oven, and is trying to shop for a small hotplate to replace the use of the stovetop.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37439 on: May 30, 2014, 11:23:54 am »

Nope, Istanbul is only as of some time in the 20th century. Your map is indeed marked correctly.

Of course, what the locals called it is another matter.

Oooh.

My history knowledge is incorrect.

Thanks for the correction.
Pages: 1 ... 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 ... 3345