Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2488 2489 [2490] 2491 2492 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695079 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile

Mostly cuz Elliot Rodger was part of/drew from the MRA movement.

I agree that I'm probably a bit excitable right now. I'm scared. This reminds me of the days when I would intentionally put effort into looking frumpy so that I'd seem more male in my math courses...
Didn't he say in his "manifesto" that he despised MRAs though?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't see that, if it was in there. He said that he hated it when any man (specifically: men of color) got with a woman he thought he deserved.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

We are fixing the shoes. Using something called gorilla glue. Which is probably just superglue made from/for use against goriallas.

I'm familiar with the stuff - it's kind of like a combination of spray foam insulation (the expanding stuff) and a premixed epoxy. It's great for some stuff, not so much for others (the foam core can be a weakness). I wouldn't recommend it for anything flexible, and that includes shoes.

It's the ultimate redneck fixer-upper. I can confirm that it can hold together a shoe in a heavy-wear wet environment if you get the right kind and use enough of it. I'm talking specifically about the liquid glue in this case. I had the rubber peel away from one of my work shoes, so I moistened the outside of the sole, smeared some gorilla glue on the inside of the rubber part, and set it overnight with a pair of C-clamps. It also works for, among other things, jewelry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Second from the left.

It'll depend on the material of the shoe, but generally if you can get a clamp or some sort of steady pressure for a few hours on the parts you're trying to stick together, it'll fix things well enough to at least last a couple weeks. My shoe's still going good after more than a year. Gorilla glue + duct tape can temp-fix probably 80% of your problems.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

In a roleplaying game tonight, titled "Don't roll a 1", my d8s were completely fucking me over, all night. I roll D8s for a lot of stuff, basically when I go all out in combat or roll to avoid getting hurt. Or try to do something strength, willpower, paying attention or cleveness-related.

And right at the zenith of several of the biggest combats of the night.....I roll 3 1s back to back to back. Immediately followed each time by an 8. I have multiple d8s for this very reason, but both betrayed me. We still came out on top (the game can be subject to a lot of GM intervention) but still. What should have been a slam dunk of #1 jumping on top of a gargantuan snake and stabbing it in through a vertebrae with my lucky dagger #2 throwing same said lucky dagger directly into the face of a wizard #3 not dropping all my weapons during the fight and #4 not having my minions and henchmen end up in a pool of their own blood on the ground became:

1. My ass getting launched from the snake monster with my dagger still in it and him running away and us having to chase down him down through several additional encounters

2. My dagger knocking a rod of fear out of the wizards hand instead of GOING INTO HIS FACE.

3. Me eventually having to bash the wizard's head into the floor until he died rather than running him through, while one of his bastard minions stabs me in the back and leaves me on the ground dying.

4. Me blowing through most of my hidden health potions to keep minions alive. Ugh. Not to mention myself.

I may need to conduct a dice cleansing, because this is seriously not the kind of game where you can stand to roll too many 1s and not have your character die. My very first game with this character I watched two PCs get swallowed by (ironically enough) another giant snake.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:43:21 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37339 on: May 28, 2014, 10:37:18 pm »

Gorilla glue + duct tape can temp-fix probably 80% of your problems.  :P
Why not just use Gorilla tape at that point?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37340 on: May 28, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »

I HAVE FLASH BURNS ON THE UNDERSIDE OF MY ARM. AUUUUUUUUGHHHHH. HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37341 on: May 28, 2014, 10:46:14 pm »

I HAVE FLASH BURNS ON THE UNDERSIDE OF MY ARM. AUUUUUUUUGHHHHH. HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!
...WHAT DID YOU DO!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37342 on: May 28, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »

I call welding arc induced burns as flash burns, because they're technically sunburns without the sun. So, what I assume happened is that somehow the light from the arc got through two layers of clothing and burned a portion of the underside of my arm. So, I actually have no fucking clue why I have it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37343 on: May 28, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »

Also an addendum to the Spider War. I'm now finding so many spiders, I'm finding dead ones I didn't even kill. I keep seeing little black spots on my carpet and when I get down and close, it's another dead spider with its legs curled up. One the one hand, dead spiders is something for me to rejoice about. On the other, that they're living out their life entire life cycle in my basement is more than a little unnerving.

I never thought I'd say this, but winter can't come soon enough. Traditional wisdom says they'll be inside more then, but it was not the case when it was still cold earlier this year.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37344 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:28 pm »

I call welding arc induced burns as flash burns, because they're technically sunburns without the sun. So, what I assume happened is that somehow the light from the arc got through two layers of clothing and burned a portion of the underside of my arm. So, I actually have no fucking clue why I have it.
Ow.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37345 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:44 pm »

Everytime you kill one, I want you to have the feels.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37346 on: May 28, 2014, 11:01:46 pm »

Yeah, no. Very little, and certainly not Hagrid, is going to change my stance on this.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37347 on: May 28, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »

Ow.
Yeah. Really sucks because you don't really notice until you get home, or it gets to the point where it starts itching. And the worst bit is that the arc is much brighter and closer than the sun, so you can get a sunburn within minutes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37348 on: May 28, 2014, 11:06:47 pm »

Yeah, no. Very little, and certainly not Hagrid, is going to change my stance on this.

Not Hagrid? Huh. My arsenal is empty :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

My city decided it didn't need electricity for two whole hours.

Welcome to my life. Enjoy your stay, there are gas lamps in the cupboard on the left and a candle next to your bed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 2488 2489 [2490] 2491 2492 ... 3345