Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 [2486] 2487 2488 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695468 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I do know that one was just a crazy bastard who hated everyone. Sucks, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

MRAs are the worst kinds of douchebags. Look, I get that the court system heavily favors women, but that's no reason to be a dick. In fact, there's no reason to be a dick. Why can't everyone just not be dicks to each other?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Because other people aren't people. They're just forces conspiring against you personally or against groups you identify with.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I thought there was just one?  I've only heard of the one.

Edit: this was in response to Vectors comment about the MRA shootings.  And I wasn't disagreeing, I was just surprised.  Usually these things are a little spread out.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because other people aren't people. They're just forces conspiring against you personally or against groups you identify with.

on the contrary, dehumanizing this forum is what allows me to not spew hate all over it

it's the people who are the forces you described

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: this was in response to Vectors comment about the MRA shootings.  And I wasn't disagreeing, I was just surprised.  Usually these things are a little spread out.

There was a high school girl who got murdered last month because she turned someone down for prom, now there's Elliott Rodger in Santa Barbara, and a couple of days ago women shot at in Stockton for refusing sex. Also fucking buttloads of comments everywhere about: "See, ladies? Think about it next time you say no." I realize that that's not a shooting, but seriously, DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE FOR MRA/"HELPING" GENDER EQUALITY REASONS RIGHT NOW.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Not exactly what I was going for, Vector. I'm just frustrated with that particular person for stomping all over my rights for years and then throwing a fit when I stand up for myself, and that particular court (which is widely known to be a "mommy court"). I want nothing to do with the MRA garbage, I don't believe anyone is owed anything, and I wouldn't even deal with this nonsense if I didn't have to.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a high school girl who got murdered last month because she turned someone down for prom, now there's Elliott Rodger in Santa Barbara, and a couple of days ago women shot at in Stockton for refusing sex. Also fucking buttloads of comments everywhere about: "See, ladies? Think about it next time you say no." I realize that that's not a shooting, but seriously, DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE FOR MRA/"HELPING" GENDER EQUALITY REASONS RIGHT NOW.
How are these MRAs. I know that the Men's Rights movement has a larger than average proportion of loud, bitter assholes but it seems unfair to attribute misogynistic crimes to MRAs.

EDIT: Ugh, the facebook comments in that second link...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:11:50 am by NobodyPro »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

on the contrary, dehumanizing this forum is what allows me to not spew hate all over it

it's the people who are the forces you described
>_>

:x

What kind of idiocy even exists when people say "See, ladies? Think about it next time you say no."
...There's something damn seriously bad about the values going on there (with said people in general). Out of context, its generalizing...a whole gender.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:53:52 pm by Tiruin »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh, and by the by, from my point of view this entire fuckfest (hurr hurr hurr) is caused primarily by the oversexualization of society but

* LordSlowpoke points at sig

i don't really have much of a say here, now do i

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mostly cuz Elliot Rodger was part of/drew from the MRA movement.

I agree that I'm probably a bit excitable right now. I'm scared. This reminds me of the days when I would intentionally put effort into looking frumpy so that I'd seem more male in my math courses...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Yes you do--I'm asexual and care about what's going on with that situation.
The main point doesn't inherently seem to be sexualization though. I seriously believe its the values or viewpoints of some people there.
...Though it is glaringly standing out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Mostly cuz Elliot Rodger was part of/drew from the MRA movement.
Really? All I could find about that when I looked him up a day or so ago was that he was a part of an anti-pickup artists group, and that he hated both men and women, as well as the very idea of sex.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please ignore the fluff/political message in this article I just dredged up--it's got an explanation hidden in there.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

From what I gather, he was an entitled little prick who should have shot himself first. People like this shitstain are the reason that I wish I could leave society altogether most days.

Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 [2486] 2487 2488 ... 3345