Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697182 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Damn you, Physics!

I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and I know how I should go about it, but I just can't make the letters give me what I want them to.

Anything we might be able to help with?
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #37096 on: May 25, 2014, 10:02:47 am »

Last Thursday, I mailed a written request to the college's legal affairs department to get a copy of the complaint that my ex-crush filed against me. I was also informed that they had a legal obligation to respond to the request within 5 days of receiving it. Today, I get their response, which says they are considering the request and will respond with a decision by June 9.

Basically, it seems to me they're deliberately stalling telling me what the hell I supposedly did to cause this mess. As far as I know, unless someone here has a better grasp of New York state law, I have every goddamn right to see that complaint.

Maybe I should start consulting a lawyer about this?

Annnnd exactly one day later I get a letter saying my request is denied because of the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act(FERPA). I don't see how FERPA applies here, although I don't know the specifics of the law. My parents are however going to talk to an attorney they know(I didn't ask them to, but I'm not stopping them). Additionally, I can send a letter to the County Attorney's office to appeal, so I'm going to have to brush up on how to write such a letter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I deleted my Google+ a long time ago and it's definitely still there in its entirety.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Damn you, Physics!

I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and I know how I should go about it, but I just can't make the letters give me what I want them to.

Anything we might be able to help with?

I don't know, can you? :P

I'm supposed to find a diameter of the narrower part of an industrial atomizer based on water flow. It's supposed to lift the alcohol level (density given) to 1 meter, I have the diameter, water velocity and pressure in the first part. I know I should use Bernoulli principle to find the pressure, but I cannot seem to find a way to get the area.

However, I just noticed that what I'm given is volumetric flow, not just linear velocity, so hold off on that, I probably just cannot into reading comprehension.

E: Yup, I just dun goofed at reading. Since the volumetric flow is constant, I can finally derive both linear velocities and get a solution.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:34:10 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Ah, there you are then. It should be fairly trivial to determine a diameter based on flow rate via density.
This is a blank sig.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Ah, there you are then. It should be fairly trivial to determine a diameter based on flow rate via density.

It is. The problem was, since I assumed it to be linear, I could not find the velocity in the second part, at least not without running in loops with tautological formulas.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

My head is spinning and yet I understood everything there but the Bernoulli thing.

Fucking Physics, even when I know how it works, how does it work?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Get woken up early to go pull grass out of the ground in the backyard. This doesn't even make sense.

I hadn't even eaten yet. I went back inside to eat, actually. It's why I'm able to type this. But once I'm done I have to go back outside. I'm getting screamed at for having the audacity to eat when I just woke up.

He want to mulch an area in the backyard, but also wants the grass to be cleared from the area first.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Nobody knows, and even physicists can't agree on it, which is why they have a job in the first place.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

(I removed most of the pig discussion as it was shot through with guideline violations...  mainly from two people, now warned)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Doing IoC, I've mostly killed both of the Glaive Throwers, literally anyone could go in and finish them off with 2 seconds of attacking while I'm waiting to rez. Instead they're just left there to pound our gates into dust.

How is it fucking possible for everyone in a faction to be this bad at PvP?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Doing IoC, I've mostly killed both of the Glaive Throwers, literally anyone could go in and finish them off with 2 seconds of attacking while I'm waiting to rez. Instead they're just left there to pound our gates into dust.

How is it fucking possible for everyone in a faction to be this bad at PvP?

IoC?

But having played a few faction-based games, I know how infuriating it can be when your side is losing ground rapidly or just plain lolfailing.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Isle of Conquest in WoW. The glaive throwers are squishy as all hell, but they'll completely wreck the gate to your keep if you don't destroy them.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #37108 on: May 25, 2014, 02:55:07 pm »

Think I'm going back to some mythical farmland planting some Emery Flowers and shit. :<

Either that or wage war to the whole Argon Federation. Whatever I'm gonna do, I'm done with your shit, Minecraft. ._.
This is way late, but try toggling Advanced OpenGL. Depending on your computer, having it on can increase/reduce lag by a massive amount.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Nobody knows, and even physicists can't agree on it, which is why they have a job in the first place.

A fact for which I am eternally grateful.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:11:54 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 2472 2473 [2474] 2475 2476 ... 3345