Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2471 2472 [2473] 2474 2475 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697524 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

People sumonning me in Dark Souls 2 to help them kill like, one Heide Knight, and then banishing me once it's done.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Just got a speeding ticket due to passing one of those idiots who drives 70+ in all of the straight passing zones but 30 in all of the windy road around it (the road I was on is about 1.75 hours of really windy 50 mph road with occasional short straight sections, and I had already been following this guy for about an hour at 30-35). Finally manage to get past them and am coasting back down to a decent speed limit when a sheriff goes by going the other direction and decides to pull me off. Upon explanation of the scenario he says that lots of the time he would just give a warning for this, but since it's memorial day they are "cracking down on speeding" and I end up with a ticket. And to top it all off the guy I was passing slowed down enough by that point that he didn't even get pulled over. >:( (I mean sure I'm eligible for the whole defensive driving BS class to wipe it, but it's still $200 and 4 hours I'd rather not have to spend. :-\)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

My mom is trying to assemble a vacuum cleaner she bought. She dropped the screw into the vacuum and it got stuck, so she asked me to go get another screw and a screw driver instead of trying to get the screw out.

Why did she need a new screwdriver when she was already putting screws in? Because she was using a knife instead.

What type of screw does she tell me to get? "A silver one, with a star shape."

The only "star shaped" screws we have are grey. She screamed at me for bringing the wrong ones. I don't even know if the screw that's in there is the right length.

blazing glory

People sumonning me in Dark Souls 2 to help them kill like, one Heide Knight, and then banishing me once it's done.

I never played Dark Souls 2 how to people neccesrally "summon" you?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For basic co-op, you just leave a sign on the ground that other players can see and use to summon you to their game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, i think the part where it compared pigs farms to to concentration camps was the worst one.

But... that makes perfect sense?
Have you ever seen a pig farm? Or an abattoir? ???   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

blazing glory

For basic co-op, you just leave a sign on the ground that other players can see and use to summon you to their game.

I suppose banishing is just booting you from their server.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Yeah, this. Generally you summon someone to help you fight a boss or clear out a level, that rewards them with either a token of fidelity or a sunlight medal, and all their gear durability and consumable uses are restored. If you just summon them for one dude and then banish them they get nothing but the souls collected along the way, no consumable refills or durability restoration.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose banishing is just booting you from their server.

Yep, you get a special stone from the start that can kick players you summoned. You can also use it if you are the one who was summoned, but want to leave.

To add on to the rewards Darkling mentioned, you are also returned to human form if you are currently a zombie.

The durability loss is especially annoying, as the mechanics have changed since last game. Weapons and armour are much weaker in this game.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

To be honest, i think the part where it compared pigs farms to to concentration camps was the worst one.

Yes. Pig farms are killing large quantities of people for no other reason than hatred. Abattoirs are just killing pigs to throw in mass graves.

Perfect comparison.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Just got a speeding ticket due to passing one of those idiots who drives 70+ in all of the straight passing zones but 30 in all of the windy road around it (the road I was on is about 1.75 hours of really windy 50 mph road with occasional short straight sections, and I had already been following this guy for about an hour at 30-35). Finally manage to get past them and am coasting back down to a decent speed limit when a sheriff goes by going the other direction and decides to pull me off. Upon explanation of the scenario he says that lots of the time he would just give a warning for this, but since it's memorial day they are "cracking down on speeding" and I end up with a ticket. And to top it all off the guy I was passing slowed down enough by that point that he didn't even get pulled over. >:( (I mean sure I'm eligible for the whole defensive driving BS class to wipe it, but it's still $200 and 4 hours I'd rather not have to spend. :-\)
I am not a fan of the discretion given to the cops regarding speeding enforcement. I remember a political RP where I went on a screed trying to shoot down a law that would give them such discretion within the fictional shithole country featured therein. I failed, but eh, fiction is fiction.

Doesn't help that my state has a frickin' ridiculous "graduated license" system (the concept of a graduated license isn't the issue, it's the implementation), including a thing that until I get a full license (i.e. turn 18) I can literally have the license revoked for something like six months (incidentally, I'm turning 18 in 5, so...) for a single citation, even speeding a mile above the limit.

So I'm really paranoid about speed limits, obsessively check for signs about them, and piss a lot of people off by always driving at the limit unless pretty much everyone else on the road is speeding too.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Yes. Pig farms are killing large quantities of people for no other reason than hatred. Abattoirs are just killing pigs to throw in mass graves.

Perfect comparison.

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU GIGLAMESH

I READ YOUR STORY

ON WIKIPEDIA

It was actually pretty good

BUT YOUR NAME MADE ME READ THE WHOLE THING WRONG ON PURPOSE AAAAAAAAA

Initializing non-yelling mode

beep beep beep

Success

Anyway, gaaah that was hard to read due to your name.

No offense.

Now, an actual rage, there's this moth flying around. He/She's annoying, but I don't wanna kill him/her in a fit of tyrannical anger. So therefore I'm taking the life of an insect out on myself.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Fucking butcher of a dentist. This happened on Friday but only today has the pain made me rage because I could barely drink a glass of water.

She was showing me how to properly floss (she even chared for that shit afterwards) and was doing it on my wisdom teeth who still aren't fully out of their fleshy cage. So she peeled some meat off of one, which I didn't realize at the time because of anestethics. This shit hurts like hell, hurts much more than the pain that got me to go to the dentist in the first place.

Fucking bullshit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Damn you, Physics!

I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and I know how I should go about it, but I just can't make the letters give me what I want them to.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Alright, my Seoul visit is officially a bust. Starting to long for home.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2471 2472 [2473] 2474 2475 ... 3345