Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2448 2449 [2450] 2451 2452 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694876 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36735 on: May 15, 2014, 05:14:15 pm »

It's 105°F where I live right now.
Our chocolate donuts melted, my sister's eraser became stuck to her pencil, and my poor laptop requires ice cooling to run any games.
It's fucking miserable without an AC.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36736 on: May 15, 2014, 06:44:41 pm »

It was 80f here two days ago, and now it's 45f and raining. Go home, weather, you're drunk.

Ah, yes, my RAGEpost: I really want to sign up for health insurance and all the other benefits that come with it (dental, vision, etc,) but the deductible is so damned high that I'd go broke trying to hit it. What the hell is the point of buying insurance if it's too expensive to use? I could really use the NHS right about now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:49:06 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36737 on: May 15, 2014, 06:47:48 pm »

After having a work day go a slight bit longer than I expected, I was rushing home to evade a storm; had to stop by the store since my weekend was beginning and I won't be out again for awhile. I got out after shopping to see a powerful storm front. I checked the weather maps to see how bad and for how long it was. I saw a clearing on both the map and the skies, and made my move.

Ever feel like your life is a comedy movie that tends to really hate on the main character? Well, basically, that's how it felt. Why? Because as much a clearing as I thought I had, a downpour came out of nowhere (no visible signs of coming), I'm dodging puddles, only to cross a relatively deep spot that covered both lanes of the road, making it impossible to avoid once I noticed it. End result: It soaks my battery engine block (still had power to start it again), and I begin to sputter to a rolling stop. My attempts to get the thing running again were futile, and I had to roll it to somewhere safe.

I was caught in the middle of a downpour, after a long day of work, with some wet groceries (some items didn't fit; soda 12-can pack and a couple boxes of donuts), on an incapacitated moped, halfway towards home.

Fortunately, despite being soaked entirely (including soaked boots with some field experience to the point of telling old war stories), and having to haul the thing a few blocks, my sister lived nearby. However, she was not home. Oh yeah, and my phone ran out of power too.

Don't worry, it got better by the end; I could come up with worse, but fortunately, I called God out in time (with the local church nearby, of all settings) and drew the line on where His shit stops. Fortunately, a family friend was her neighbor, and offered me a ride home while I leave my moped at my sister's to dry off. She was an old co-worker as well, so we caught up on the way home.

Maybe belongs in the Happy and Accomplished threads, and hell, stick it in OOC while we're at it:
I raged hard enough at my circumstances, I called God out, for being a dick, and things immediately started to improve.

You finally got my call. What kept you?

EDIT:
Screw it. The entire post probably belongs in them.

After reading the whole thing again, I was still steaming a bit, but by the end of it, I couldn't help but to laugh at what the hell I just wrote.

Oh yeah, and I'm not making any of this up, at all; nor do I accept any pity. Still laughing too hard at this. It actually happened, just a couple hours ago. Even I think this is insane, and I just experienced it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:25:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36738 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »

It's not so much raining here as it is that someone inverted the oceans into the sky and is just letting gravity take its course.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36739 on: May 15, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

It's not so much raining here as it is that someone inverted the oceans into the sky and is just letting gravity take its course.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the fucking desert Northern Texas...

Seriously, I would take all of your rain troubles away from each and every one of you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36740 on: May 15, 2014, 08:14:52 pm »

I don't mind the rain so much. I mean, it's not so good while it rains, but it does leave a nice clean smell afterwards.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36741 on: May 15, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »

Bloody FCC attempting to gut net neutrality.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #36742 on: May 15, 2014, 08:32:41 pm »

I don't mind the rain so much. I mean, it's not so good while it rains, but it does leave a nice clean smell afterwards.
Not after cleaning several carpets and removing tack strips off the floor in a non-air-conditioned house for a couple hours. And rather large houses too, and plenty of rooms to remove them from. I was smelling and feeling gross on my return.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36743 on: May 15, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »

Just got an alert that there is a foot of floodwater about two miles from here. And its still pouring.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36746 on: May 16, 2014, 12:04:46 am »

so why hasn't someone told the us that they don't get to regulate the worldwide internet yet?

is this an extension of their world police shitlordery

can we just give power over the whole thing to something like moldova

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36747 on: May 16, 2014, 07:12:10 am »

so why hasn't someone told the us that they don't get to regulate the worldwide internet yet?

is this an extension of their world police shitlordery

can we just give power over the whole thing to something like moldova

Its not that no one has told us, its that our government listens exclusively to our resident psychotics, and are deaf to the cries of all the sane.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36748 on: May 16, 2014, 07:16:17 am »

so what you're saying is that the entire american part of the bay12 community decided to just sit quiet regarding the issue

* LordSlowpoke hands BFEL a shovel

here, something easier to dig yourself in with

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36749 on: May 16, 2014, 07:51:55 am »

so what you're saying is that the entire american part of the bay12 community decided to just sit quiet regarding the issue

* LordSlowpoke hands BFEL a shovel

here, something easier to dig yourself in with
I don't get it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 2448 2449 [2450] 2451 2452 ... 3345