Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2444 2445 [2446] 2447 2448 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695953 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love = War Edition
« Reply #36675 on: May 14, 2014, 01:53:27 pm »

More hoops to jump through. The meeting with the associate dean did not go as planned. Instead of telling me what the problem is, she hands me a form to send to the school's legal department to request the information under the Freedom of Information Law. Which has a very appropriate acronym, FOIL, especially since I may have to pay to learn what I'm accused of($.25 a page copy fee, but still). And what's worse is that she also said the only thing I'm allowed to do after that is submit a statement of rebuttal that nobody will actually see. So, a person makes presumably false statements about me that threatens my job at the very least, and the only thing I'm supposed to do about it is effectively go "Waaah! That's not fair!!" to absolutely nobody in particular? Such bullshit. Oh, and that's assuming the request isn't denied for Reasons.

No matter how many times I wipe the screen on my laptop it has streaks on it.
WHY. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT?
Windex or similar product?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #36676 on: May 14, 2014, 01:57:42 pm »

No matter how many times I wipe the screen on my laptop it has streaks on it.
WHY. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36677 on: May 14, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

what kind of streaks do you need to have on your monitor for you to care?

you're not greatorder don't even pretend

i had a laptop so glorious that once the sun directly shone on its screen i went "oh, every single speck of dust in the world is here"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36678 on: May 14, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

Use newspaper. It results in far fewer streaks than paper towels or cloth. I say this as a smoker who, when they have to clean the inside of the windshield, has to deal with far more scuzz than a non-smoker's PC screen.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36679 on: May 14, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »

I'm gonna double up on the newspaper thing. It's totally the only reason I have them deliver the paper to our house even.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36680 on: May 14, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

what kind of streaks do you need to have on your monitor for you to care?

you're not greatorder don't even pretend

i had a laptop so glorious that once the sun directly shone on its screen i went "oh, every single speck of dust in the world is here"
It's getting to that time of year where in the evenings the sun finds a gap through the houses opposite, through my window, and right onto where I'm sat. And the streaks are big enough to make it noticeably harder to read (moreso than just direct sunlight).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36681 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »

She's having one of those fucking days again.

Let's try something to fix our relationship!

No, let's not, apparently.

After that conversation I'm not sure i'm more pissed off or more upset.
Wait, is this the chick who keeps swinging bipolar-like between "Awww gee I'm so sorry, what can I do to make it up to you" and "i dump u coz new gai is so hawt"?

Dude....just stop the correspondence. I'm not sure if she's certifiably schizo or just playing with you like a cat playing with dinner, but either way she's crazy (and not in the good way).

No, she ain't. Nothing about dumping me for another, just stuff about dumping me because it doesn't feel like we have a relationship.

Let's do something about it then!

Oh, can't risk that now, apparently. Arrgh.

God damn it. I feel like whatever I do is pointless because it's either not a option, makes things worse, or she's not willing for it to be an option.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36682 on: May 14, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

So, in other words she's stringing you along?

I think you may need to try and move on.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36683 on: May 14, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

*sigh*

So, perspective home renters, for your own sanity: GET ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HOUSE.

My bathroom? Apparently was hooked up to a sump pump to effectively pump the toilet stuff down into the main sewer line. No one told us about this configuration. And apparently the motor on that pump seized sometime in the last month or two. As a result, the box that contains that stuff overflowed....and it has now spread under the floor of the basement, to an extent unknown.

So now it's not just a simple "tear up the floor in my bathroom." Now it's "drill holes into the basement floor to figure out how far the corruption has spread." If it's spread far, it could be $20,000 worth of renovation to tear up the downstairs floor and replace it.

It looks like I'll be without a bathroom for a couple weeks, have to take multiple days off of work to supervise....oh, and the entirety of my house currently smells like raw sewage because after pulling the panelling off to expose all the plumbing and the pump and everything, it's gently wafting out to everywhere in the house.

So, again......renters, know this kind of stuff about your house. I'd actually been hearing the motor for the pump trying (and failing) to turn over for the last couple of weeks. I even said to my roommate "You think that buzzing sound has anything to do with it?" His answer was: Nah.

I'd feel bad for my landlord who is going to be eating a minimum of $2000 on this before insurance but....well, if he'd actually lived down here to any extent, he probably would have been aware of this problem sooner.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:05:29 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36684 on: May 14, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »

I'd recommend buying a house but every time I do the economy crashes.  I've said nothing.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36685 on: May 14, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »

I'd recommend buying a house but every time I do the economy crashes.  I've said nothing.
It's even worse if you buy a house that's been all shitted up. Because then you have to pay for the repairs.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36686 on: May 14, 2014, 07:36:58 pm »

Christ.

She's told me in possibly the most passive aggressive/ alternating to hostile way she could that I can visit her for this weekend.

Yes, I get you're stressed for exams. But considering last week you went out with friends, got in late, and missed a bunch of your lectures because you slept in (and was planning to do the same thing today) complaining about how you don't have time to fix our fucking relationship rings a little hollow.

God damn it. I was supposed to be happy I'd finished my year at uni, but ever since then it's been a horrible grind of relationship issues.

Now I can do nothing but complain about it on the internet. Aargh. I feel so damn frustrated and lost. What the hell do I even do at this point?

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36687 on: May 14, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »

Think about whether there's anything worth fixing there? You sound pretty negative is all I'm saying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #36688 on: May 14, 2014, 09:23:10 pm »

This new firefox update that's supposed to chromify everything is 29.0.1, right? I keep getting prompts to update it. Don't know if want.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36689 on: May 14, 2014, 09:56:47 pm »

This new firefox update that's supposed to chromify everything is 29.0.1, right? I keep getting prompts to update it. Don't know if want.
It's really not worth it.  It automatically updated on all of the school's computers (I work as a lab assistant) and I have it in the old version at home.

The new version feels waaaaay too much like Chrome.  Apparently there's an app that changes the appearance though, so I suppose you could use that if you get annoyed by the constant "update now!" warnings.
Pages: 1 ... 2444 2445 [2446] 2447 2448 ... 3345